Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just wanted to put this out here

*Not trying to start a forum war, just stating what I've seen*

I have seen so many other simmers complain about when the next expansion pack will come out. When will we get news on the next game pack, etc etc. I feel as each base game comes out; there are some simmers who are extremely greedy. The Sims 4 came out in September of 2014; hasn't even been out for two years. Yet people are complaining that they don't have seasons or pets or any other aspect seen in past Sims game. As always, it takes time for a game to be made definitely when The Sims 4 uses a different game engine as the previous three games. If you break everything up in the 1 year and 8 months The Sims 4 has been out, we've have gotten lots of content. It's just not the content that some simmers really want. In that time period, EA/Maxis has given us 6 stuff packs, 2 game packs and 2 expansion packs. In my book, that is a lot of content in that short of time compared to past games; we've been spoiled. Definitely with the content we have gotten for free in updates. I'm not going to mention anything about toddlers in my rant because it's low on my list of wants and if they plan on putting them back in game; it will happen on their terms. This pretty much ends my rant.

Happy simming everyone!

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This thread was totally unnecessary. :/

Wasn't it though. For sure.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Maybe it was. But I happen to like this thread although I couldn't disagree more with certain posts.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited May 2016
    It's high expectations causing the angst some Simmers are feeling. Many of us have been playing the Sims since the first Sims game hit the scene way back when. We bought base games, expansions, stuff packs, DLC and downloaded tons of custom content. We helped it grow into what it is today by continuing to purchase base games and all the packs that came with them. Because of the investments we made in time and money some Simmers feel EA/Maxis owes us something. Nothing can be further from the truth. Nope, EA/Maxis doesn't 'owe' us a darn thing. We chose to play The Sims game and every addition to the franchise. We are free to stop playing at any time for whatever personal reasons we have. No one will stop any of us from uninstalling the game and moving on to something else.

The next reason why so many are unhappy is we have gone from a fully loaded, complete game back to square one three times now and the expectation that Sims4 would feel more complete upon it's release was not met. Some felt they had been cheated because so much content that was in past base games was not in the base game for Sims4. Much of that content has been given to us via free monthly patches since the release day and that says to me they are trying to get the game more in line with the expectations some had about the base game.

There are a few things I am a bit upset about but that doesn't stop me from playing and enjoying Sims4. Saying EA/Maxis owes us anything is like going to your favorite burger place and demanding free burgers because you have been a loyal customer for years and have spent 'x' amount of dollars on burgers and fries and cokes; and you feel your loyalty is worthy of a reward. Or you want them to expand their operating hours so it better suits your schedule. Or you have a great idea for a new burger and want to see it on their menu. Game development is a business. Selling burgers and fries is a business. Running a business of any kind is complicated, messy and stressful. And you will always run into customers who will never be happy no matter how hard you try.

I know I am going to be raked over the coals for this post. But all these ' I hate EA/Maxis' posts are just pointless, in my opinion. And I allowed myself to to get upset over this one and I hope a little of what I said makes a difference for some who read my post. The only entitlements we have the right to expect is to be entertained and to have fun. If Sims4 is not fun for you now chances are it will never be what you had hoped for. But I am sticking with it because it's fun for me and I believe there are good things coming our way.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I have to admit I'm disappointed that it looks like were only getting one expansion pack this year.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    @sparkfairy1, you always bless my soul when I see you comment. Can we please be related In some way.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    What company bad mouths and or scolds it's customers for begging for information and what fan base tells others they are 'greedy' when they want to know what is next and what they can look forward, too. How is that proper for a company to scold it's customers or 'seem' frustrated with the wanting to know all the time? How is that customer relations when you basically more or less let people know you are a bother for even asking? As I said not caring anymore or wanting to ask would be justice for such a hypothetical company.

were you actively bad mouthed/ scolded or were you told "no comment"? Also, source? If an official is being rude, you can most definitely report them.
    edited May 2016
    mirta000 wrote: »
    What company bad mouths and or scolds it's customers for begging for information and what fan base tells others they are 'greedy' when they want to know what is next and what they can look forward, too. How is that proper for a company to scold it's customers or 'seem' frustrated with the wanting to know all the time? How is that customer relations when you basically more or less let people know you are a bother for even asking? As I said not caring anymore or wanting to ask would be justice for such a hypothetical company.

were you actively bad mouthed/ scolded or were you told "no comment"? Also, source? If an official is being rude, you can most definitely report them.

I will let my wallet from now on do my talking. ETA: Notice this thread is still up. In agreement perhaps with what the OP is saying? I don't know. But allowing others to be called greedy seems so.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I will let my wallet from now on do my talking. ETA: Notice this thread is still up. In agreement perhaps with what the OP is saying? I don't know. But allowing others to be called greedy seems so.

it was a real question. If you have proof of staff being mocking towards you, you can report them. It's a serious issue.

As for the threads being up, this one is still up too:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/886848/tired-of-the-lame-info-about-gp3/p1
    the OP in the thread pretty much stated that she/he thinks that every expansion, game pack and stuff pack was half baked, the upcoming one will also be half baked and won't satisfy them no matter what, that she/he believes The Sims 4 is completely unsuccessful and she/he comes to the forums because "everyone" agrees with them and because they're right. It's one big, erm let's self censor - circle patting on the back.

And in fact the opposition there got censored because you can never, for any reason, call anyone a troll on the forums, no matter they're doing it or not, because you can not directly call a single person anything as it is counted as a personal attack. Even saying that someone is creating a deliberately flaming topic will be counted as a personal attack against said person.

it was a real question. If you have proof of staff being mocking towards you, you can report them. It's a serious issue.

As for the threads being up, this one is still up too:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/886848/tired-of-the-lame-info-about-gp3/p1
    the OP in the thread pretty much stated that she/he thinks that every expansion, game pack and stuff pack was half baked, the upcoming one will also be half baked and won't satisfy them no matter what, that she/he believes The Sims 4 is completely unsuccessful and she/he comes to the forums because "everyone" agrees with them and because they're right. It's one big, erm let's self censor - circle patting on the back.

And in fact the opposition there got censored because you can never, for any reason, call anyone a troll on the forums, no matter they're doing it or not, because you can not directly call a single person anything as it is counted as a personal attack. Even saying that someone is creating a deliberately flaming topic will be counted as a personal attack against said person.

Will talk sometime when I can about this or that.
    edited May 2016
    If we get a couple more game packs to replace the mid-summer EP, I won't be upset at all. Who knows what is going to be announced or shown to us during the live streams? No one has a clue at this point. Since they are going back to doing live streams I have to wonder if they aren't holding back on making any announcements until the live streams are up and running. They learned rather quickly the hints and riddles thing was not well received, and they realized their marketing needed a kick in the pants. Since the live streams were a hit, and hints and riddles were not, they are going back to the old way of announcing new content. This is pure speculation on my part. But it makes sense as to why it is being brought back. It puts the fans closer to the gurus and it is a heck of a lot more fun than deciphering hints and riddles. I have a feeling a Generations-style EP will be released towards the end of the year with game packs and stuff packs filling the void of not getting an EP this summer. We know how complicated a Generations EP is from the ones we had in the past. It wouldn't surprise me one would take almost a year to develop while integrating the new emotions we have in Sims4.

Foregoing releasing an EP this summer and laying the groundwork for a Generations EP using game packs and patches would help lessen the impact and glitches those past EPs caused. It's just a thought.
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    If we get a couple more game packs to replace the mid-summer EP, I won't be upset at all. Who knows what is going to be announced or shown to us during the live streams? No one has a clue at this point. Since they are going back to doing live streams I have to wonder if they aren't holding back on making any announcements until the live streams are up and running. They learned rather quickly the hints and riddles thing was not well received, and they realized their marketing needed a kick in the pants. Since the live streams were a hit, and hints and riddles were not, they are going back to the old way of announcing new content. This is pure speculation on my part. But it makes sense as to why it is being brought back. It puts the fans closer to the gurus and it is a heck of a lot more fun that deciphering hints and riddles. I have a feeling a Generations-style EP will be released towards the end of the year with game packs and stuff packs filling the void of not getting an EP this summer. We know how complicated a Generations EP is from the ones we had in the past. It wouldn't surprise me one would take almost a year to develop while integrating the new emotions we have in Sims4.

Foregoing releasing an EP this summer and laying the groundwork for a Generations EP using game packs and patches would help lessen the impact and glitches those past EPs caused. It's just a thought.

That was what I was thinking. Maybe they wait until they have live streams. I have no idea.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    It could be that we maybe getting more free gameplay updates in patches if were only getting one EP. More updates to the basegame could maybe offset one expansion pack for me. Throw in Story Progression,A World Editor,Terrain Tools and so much more and you've got me hooked.
    @Cinebar

I am sorry that happened to you. No one should be treated in that manner no matter what was said.
    It could be that we maybe getting more free gameplay updates in patches if were only getting one EP. More updates to the basegame could maybe offset one expansion pack for me. Throw in Story Progression,A World Editor,Terrain Tools and so much more and you've got me hooked.

I hope if story progression gets added, there's a tick somewhere there to not to mess with your active households, same as there one for auto aging right now. Because I don't want my 4 households having infinite babies, or running off building romantic relationships when I'm not looking >_<

I hope if story progression gets added, there's a tick somewhere there to not to mess with your active households, same as there one for auto aging right now. Because I don't want my 4 households having infinite babies, or running off building romantic relationships when I'm not looking >_<

Something has changed about this game recently. About false/fake relationships. The other day I loaded my game and two of my Sims living in different houses (but only met when I made them meet for my story) are now love birds. I could have screamed. No longer just false relationships with townies but now in my households that I play on rotation with each other. I didn't make it happen and one only visited that family one time when I made them visit. It's now matching our households with our other households without consent.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top