Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dreams & Drama Neighborhood Rotation - ENDED & Rebooted to a New Version

Comments

• Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Feel free, there aren't even 30 chapters yet and I feel like they're mostly pictures, lol. I have to re-read the older ones too to figure out the story thread with each household. I've got my fingers crossed that this new format of having them in a club together will help the story become a bit more memorable.

I recognize the characters and remember their general backgrounds but as to what was going on last time I read it... no clue. I was MIA for several months due to personal reasons and all of these stories I used to read keep popping up.
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    @rainydayz I noticed you were MIA, checked your blog a few times for updates. I had my own issues going on and took some breaks. I hope everything is okay with you now.

The characters honestly didn't have much happen at all over like 15 chapters, which is why I changed the format, again...

Since my ultimate goal is to have a game-based simslit, I'm excited something finally happened that I can write about and have some story and character development happening too.
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 Meh, I'm bipolar and stopped taking my meds. Got really really depressed. It's all good now. Lesson learned. How've you been?

I know what you mean about something exciting you can write about finally happening. I stress myself out trying to come up with some sort of "story" so when I can't I just revert to commentary. Lately, I've been bouncing back and forth between the two in one of my stories and nobody seems to mind so I guess it works.
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 I'm glad you're feeling back on track, I know it's not an easy battle.

I am glad you've found a writing style(s) that suits you, even if it's not the permanent way you'll write the story. I'm excited to catch back up.

I'm okay, dealing with family stuff, work stuff, being a bridesmaid for the first (hopefully only) time and traveling. Feeling happy in the middle of a storm, that's my current vibe.
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 I'm glad you're feeling back on track, I know it's not an easy battle.

I am glad you've found a writing style(s) that suits you, even if it's not the permanent way you'll write the story. I'm excited to catch back up.

I'm okay, dealing with family stuff, work stuff, being a bridesmaid for the first (hopefully only) time and traveling. Feeling happy in the middle of a storm, that's my current vibe.

Feeling happy in the middle of a storm sounds good to me! Glad to hear you're doing well.

As to my writing... I gave up on the rotation that we were working on together. No matter what I did it just felt too forced. At this point, I have so many other things I'd rather work on and I doubt I'll go back to it even though I dearly love all of my characters from that neighborhood. I post quite often and only have a few friends that actually keep up with it so it's no big deal there's no catching up since everything is new and constantly changing for me lately. ;)
  • Options

Feeling happy in the middle of a storm sounds good to me! Glad to hear you're doing well.

As to my writing... I gave up on the rotation that we were working on together. No matter what I did it just felt too forced. At this point, I have so many other things I'd rather work on and I doubt I'll go back to it even though I dearly love all of my characters from that neighborhood. I post quite often and only have a few friends that actually keep up with it so it's no big deal there's no catching up since everything is new and constantly changing for me lately. ;)

I hear you about leaving the rotation because it feels forced. If mine ever ends up that way, they'll be relegated to a save I never play. I can't wait to see what else you're working on though. I should be able to make time this week to check it out.
  • Options
    I hear you about leaving the rotation because it feels forced. If mine ever ends up that way, they'll be relegated to a save I never play. I can't wait to see what else you're working on though. I should be able to make time this week to check it out.

I've got 3 going right now. My Random legacy is my favorite and I'm doing the drifter challenge too. I'm so far ahead on those two that I started a new one just as something to do goofing off called Murkland.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Boy I struggle with remembering to post my updated chapters here! I'm sure I'll be glad about it one day... Maybe...

On February 28, 2017, I posted this one. At the first meeting of Laurel's new club, Carmen told her story of finally being inspired to cook something she could eat without wincing/frowning/feeling nauseous.
    02-19-17_4-41-53c2a0am.png
  • Options
    Today's post is about Luca & Daniella's brother-sister date. Luca is proud that he and his sister have gotten closer, but may get a bit TMI for Laurel's (and everyone else's tastes)
    02-20-17_4-07-34c2a0pm.png
  • Options
    I'm always a few days behind adding that I have a new post here. Gonna work on that, I swear! Also, I'm changing the days my story releases so it's on a more predictable schedule. Instead of just releasing a new chapter every three days, I'm gonna release new chapters on Mondays and Thursdays. That way I'm not putting up more chapters before I can write them, and also my readers (all 10 of y'all, lol) can know when to expect an update. Will I stick with this for any reasonable length of time? Um... we'll see...?

On to the most recent post. This one posted March 6, 2017. We're still at the first club gathering for Laurel's club. Gavin Ralston, the focus of our new family in San Myshuo, is telling his story to the group. We get some insight into where his life may be headed.
    02-18-17_4-03-02c2a0pm.png
  • Options
    I pout this on the writer's lounge, but thought I'd put it here too in case someone missed it there and has feedback.
    Okay, for everyone, I have a question. I'm trying to marry off one of my characters in my neighborhood rotation, but MCCC has married off all potential spouses. Just doing a general opinion check here. Should I have the guy (it's Luca Holloway for anyone who reads my story) steal someone else's wife or should I get a gallery Sim and pop her in the game?

I want it to be a very fast (even by Sim standards) courtship. And Luca isn't exactly known for his skills with the ladies, at least so far. I'd appreciate any thoughts on suggestions of how I should move forward.
  • Options
    New post up today!
    This is Bo Blank's story about his family, as told to his club during their first gathering. His story brings the first club gathering to a close.
    02-23-17_3-55-50c2a0pm.png

• Options
    I posted about this chapter in the Writer's Lounge and forgot to add it here!

I have two posts that published March 13th. We're back at the Epstein house where Kurt stops Laurel from spilling the beans about what she learned at her club gathering, and the Epsteins celebrate Purim. In my other post, Daniella finally gets her letter sent back to her pen pal, Sienna.
    02-28-17_2-55-30c2a0am.png
    04-26-16_4-34-26c2a0pm.png
  • Options
    And there is another post out today. Carmen decides to take up Laurel on her offer to get setup on a date, with very interesting results.
    03-01-17_1-51-31c2a0pm.png

• Options
    I have a new post up today. Bo Blank finally reveals to his wife that he's been telling every Tom, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, and Sim that he's a secret alien. We get a chance to see Asa and Gem aged up to Teens. And the club gathers at their new hangout.
    03-01-17_7-25-42c2a0pm.png

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Sooo many secrets in that latest chapter! And so many good friends, too!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I had one picture of Emilie Epstein, toddler extraordinaire, napping because her parents had her on a community lot all day. She so adorable, but I tried to reduce the number of pictures, so I just ended up with her in the corner of a photo napping in an armchair while everyone else watched the outdoor movie.
  • Options
    I've got a new post up today. Laurel explains why she thinks vampires exist, and tries to get the club to help her do something about it.
    02-18-17_3-38-51c2a0pm.png

• Options
    New post up today. The club agrees to go on Laurel's crazy mission to stop the vampires. Gavin heads home to try and get his grandparents on board.
    03-09-17_5-18-41c2a0pm.png

• Options
    New update just published on the blog! We continue getting to know the Ralstons as Gavin works to get his grandmother on board too with the expedition to Forgotten Hollow.
    03-09-17_10-34-35c2a0pm2.png

• Options
    Good morning (or happy timezones)! I have a new chapter up today. The neighborhood club finally arrives in Forgotten Hollow to harvest garlic to help ward off those pesky vampires who insist on breaking into Sims' homes to drink their plasma without permission. Shhh! No one tell them they could just order garlic seeds on the internet.
    club-around-the-campire.png
    03-09-17_11-07-42c2a0pm.png
    find-1.png

• Options
    I have a new chapter that posted today! The club finally finishes their task in Forgotten Hollow and Laurel is feeling pretty good about it.
    harvest-1.png
    03-12-17_10-54-23c2a0pm.png
  • Options
    I have a new post up today. Luca is making another attempt to find love so he's not left alone when Daniella moves in with the Epsteins. Wish him luck!
  • Options
    New post up today! Luca's new chick caught his heart quickly. We see whether or not his friends and family feel the same way about her.
  • Options
    I have so many chapters that have posted that I haven't put up here... or the chapter list on my blog... Going to fix that today!