Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cultural Variety and More Food/Harvestables!

I've been hoping for more cultural variety for a while, and now that we are getting restaurants I want it more than ever! I hope they bring out more content from around the world in future packs. Not just clothing and build/buy, but also new harvestables and recipes! A lot of players really enjoy cooking and gardening so I feel like this would be well received.

Some ideas:

Japanese content = sushi bar!
Indian content = new spices and dishes for an Indian restaurant (sarees/saris please!)
Greek/Mediterranean food = my favourite! <3

I'd love to hear your ideas for more restaurants, harvestables, food and places.

I think stuff packs are perfect for this! We could get enough key items to give our builds a cultural edge, new traditional clothes, an new ingredients and recipes. Maybe even a gameplay item like the teppanyaki grill or a tea set. Let me know what you think! <3

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2016
    Suggested Ideas:

* Chinese

- Egg flower soup/Egg drop soup
    - Hot and Sour Soup
    - Wonton noodle soup
    - Stir fry
    - Fried Rice
    - Tea
    - take out option
    - home delivery

* Korean

- Kimchi
    - Bulgogi

* Thai

- Swimming Rama
    - Crying tiger salad
    - Cucumber salad

* Vietnamese

- Pho soup

* Italian

- Eggplant Parmesan/Lasagne
    - Pasta dishes

* Spanish/Mexican

- clams in salsa verde
    - paella
    - enchiladas
    - quesadillas
    - Virgin Margaritas
    - nachos
    - arroz con pollo (a chicken dish)
    - camarones a la diabla (prawns dish)
    - Chile Colorado

* Quebec/Canada

- Tourtière
    - poutine
    - nanaimo bars (these look soooooooo good!)
    - sugar shacks

* Seafood

- fish and chips
    - grilled fish with vegetables
    - crab caesar salad
    - crab legs
    - shrimp salad
    - oysters on the half-shell
    - lobster
    - shrimp or prawns
    - chowder

* Desserts

- ice cream sundae
    - frozen yoghurt
    - fruit salad
    - candy

* Baking

- Pumpkin Pie

Other Suggestions:

- macaroni and cheese
    - potato salad
    - fried chicken/chicken wings
    - corn on the cob
    - pizza recipes
    - hamburgers
    - fries
    - coleslaw
    - milkshakes/ice-cream floats/smoothies

- Steak House
    - Fried chicken restaurants
    - Hamburger restaurants

- wine service
    - dessert trolley

* Harvestables/Ingredients

- Wheat
    - Corn
    - Pumpkins
    - Pineapple
    - Oranges
    - Peaches
    - Limes
    - green grapes
    - Watermelon/Melon
    - Peppers
    - Lettuce
    - Cabbage
    - Kale
    - Garlic
    - Runner/fava beans
    - Coffee beans
    - maple trees
    Post edited by Cinderellimouse on
  • Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    Chinese food (in general, too many branch) – little take-out boxes like in US which sims can take home or ORDER (I want more than pizza to order home)
  • Options
    Oooh, I like that idea! And... now I want noodles.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would really like to harvest Wheat, Corn, Pumpkin, Pineapple, lettuce.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Mmmm pumpkin pie!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    I want Kimchi!!, Bulgogi
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited April 2016
    I like Thai food - especially meat with peanut sauce over a bed of spinach or bok choy (commonly referred to as Swimming Rama or Showering Rama). (I'm a spice wimp - I order mine one star. This way it is less spicy than most Indian food.) Crying tiger salad or cucumber salad are good too.

I also like Vietnamese Pho soup. If you don't specify the small bowl of soup, they give you a huge bowl of noodles and meat. (Stuffed moodlet anyone?)

If they have Italian restaurants, they might serve Eggplant Parmesan or Lasagna in addition to pasta dishes with Marinara or Alfredo sauce.

Chinese restaurants might have a choice of Eggflower soup, Hot and Sour Soup, or Won Ton noodle soup to go with a meal eaten in the restaurant. Then of course, there is a wide variety of stir-fried meals, or fried rice dishes. Tea should come with the meal.

Seafood restaurants of course, would have fish and chips, grilled fish with vegetables, crab caesar salad, crab legs, shrimp salad, oysters on the half-shell, pasta with lobster, shrimp or prawns, chowder, and of course lobster thermidor (a Sims classic).

Steak house restaurants might have a salad bar, steaks with vegetables and potatoes, pasta dishes, lobster tails (with or without steak), cocktails (made with nectar/juice of course), and of course desserts (pie, ice cream sundae, brownie, cake).

Fried chicken restaurants of course would serve fried chicken, but also chicken wings, mashed potatoes, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, corn on the cob, and of course have a variety of sodas.

Hamburger restaurants would serve hamburgers, but also fries, milkshakes, pie, salad, soft-serve ice cream cones, and maybe even loaded baked potatoes.

Ice cream parlors might have not only ice cream cones, but ice cream in a dish, ice cream sundaes, floats, ice cream shakes/smoothies, and ice cream cakes. Or alternately, frozen yogurt parlors would have a choice of self-serve flavors, plus a variety of toppings for the sundaes(more visible this time), and a choice of sauces (fudge, butterscotch, chocolate, strawberry, marshmellow) to put on the sundaes. A huge ice cream dish (half the size of a child Sim) with a prize of a pin showing a pig on it for eating the whole thing would be a nice touch.

See also this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/885255/restaurant-ideas
    Post edited by SimsILikeSims on
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    We need garlic, cabbage and runner beans (or Fava) as new harvestables. As for restaurants I'd like to see Spanish/Mexican serving things like clams in salsa verde, paella, enchiladas and quesadillas, etc. And any restaurant has to come with a wine service and a dessert trolley! :)
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited April 2016
    KevWalker wrote: »
    We need garlic, cabbage and runner beans (or Fava) as new harvestables. As for restaurants I'd like to see Spanish/Mexican serving things like clams in salsa verde, paella, enchiladas and quesadillas, etc. And any restaurant has to come with a wine service and a dessert trolley! :)

Mexican restaurants should serve Virgin Margaritas! Some other great Mexican dishes are: nachos, arroz con pollo (a chicken dish), camarones a la diabla (prawns dish), taco salad, and Chile Colorado. Definitely chips and salsa as an appetizer just for eating the meal in the restaurant, unless it is designated as a fast food Mexican Restaurant (like Taco Del Mar, Taco Time, or Taco Bell). Also, churros and flan for dessert. Then, there are the Mexican taco trucks serving tacos, tortas (Mexican sandwich), enchiladas, and Mexican Coca Cola. I can't eat burritos anymore because they make them with flour tortillas - it would be nice if my Sims could eat them though.

Every harvestable should have a dish - cabbage could be used for coleslaw, or corned beef & cabbage. Tomatoes should be easier to find and grow. Parsley and kale would make great harvestables, and could be used to garnish restaurant dishes. (With moodlet if the Sim eats the garnish.) Kale is also commonly used in green smoothies.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    Great idea list - but a top priority should be to make moving harvestables from inventory to the refrigerator or to sell much easier. We need a "move all" or "sell all", please.
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    Tourtière, poutine, nanaimo bars, maple trees, and sugar shacks, pretty please! B)
  • Options
    TrendorinaTrendorina Posts: 48 Member
    Hearvestables? Oranges, green grapes, peaches, lemons(the green type), pumpkim, letucce, garlic, coffee beans (various types), peppers, watermelon and melon(to make a fruit salad, or just cut and eat them natural). We also need shrimps and lobsters.
    About food dishes, Would like if they make sims able to make their own pizza and these candy that came with GT into the coffee seller(like canoli and others).
  • Options
    Thank you for all your suggestions! I've made a list in the second post. :)
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    It would be interesting if they developed a new system for the culinary aspect of the game where our sims could create their own dishes from ingredients we bought and harvested. There so many different types of cuisine and cultural dishes all around the world that represent the players. We could name the dishes, the satisfactory level, the skill level it requires, mood affects, as well as the origin of the dish, that way we could create whatever dish our sim hearts desires- we could even set the ingredients the dish requires. The same could go towards mixology, baking, and although it's not a skill which it should be... coffee beverages. It would give us unlimited creativity in the game for those of us who enjoy all aspects of the culinary in the game.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I think we should be able to make lunches/bentos for kids going to school and adults going to work. That would be a cool little addition as well as more cultural foods.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016
    Yes please. I want some tropical fruit and plants too like hibiscus, starfruit, mangos, and guavas but that might come with an EP. Poutine is so good. I think my favorite Mexican dish is Pozole which is like a hominy soup. Tamales and Mole sauce are good too. My mom makes a really good Irish dish called Corn beef and cabbage. I like making this British dessert called Trifle. Some Indian food would be good too. The Sims 4 does need more culture added to it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I've always felt like this was missing from the game. Hopefully in the near future we will see foods from various cultures.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    PapayaSkyPapayaSky Posts: 177 Member
    I adore all of this! I hope that we'll get a travel/vacation EP and see some of this implemented!