Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think TS4 is actually driving more gamers back to TS3?

Is it just me? I seem to be seeing/reading/hearing of a resurgence of people playing TS3 after they become fed up with TS4 and realize that it's probably never going to have what they want.

I've never stopped playing TS3 (even enjoy booting up TS2 once in a while) but have loved it even more after playing 4 at a friend's house. CAS in 4 is pretty cool but that's it. The babies are creepy, I hate the art style, I just can't do what I want in that game! Going back to 3 when I got home was so much fun. Ride a horse through the neighborhood -- heck, ride a unicorn!

So, whaddya think, more people ditching 4 for 3 these days?

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The reason why I don't play TS3 is because my card isn't recognized which brings me a ton of issues when playing, like immense lag and freezes. Otherwise I would play the hell out of it. I mostly play TS2.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I have seen more people say they are playing ts3 or even ts2 after seeing what the sims 4 has become .it can change but as it currently stands I myself prefer ts3 over ts4 because it suits my style more .i kinda like ts4 but I love the sims 3 even with all the bugs
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    I don't think Sims 4 is driving people back to Sims 3.

People are coming back or still playing Sims 3 because it provides them with the entertainment they are looking for.
    If I decide to play Sims 3 instead of Sims 2 ... It doesn't mean that it drove me back to Sims 3.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

No, because the same thing happened when TS3 first came out. The forums were also flooded from people claiming to be going back to TS2. If a TS5 ever comes out, the same thing will happen--tons of TS4 players will also be posting that they quit TS5 for TS4. :p

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »

No, because the same thing happened when TS3 first came out. The forums were also flooded from people claiming to be going back to TS2. If a TS5 ever comes out, the same thing will happen--tons of TS4 players will also be posting that they quit TS5 for TS4. :p

Even after a year-and-a-half and 2 EPs? Only asking because I wasn't around that long near the beginning.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The reason why I don't play TS3 is because my card isn't recognized which brings me a ton of issues when playing, like immense lag and freezes. Otherwise I would play the hell out of it. I mostly play TS2.
    I think that's the case for most people hanging on to 4. I can't fathom any other reason people would stick to that game. TS4 is an absolute disappointment.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    Pretty much the same thing happened after TS3 came out and people tried it only to go back to TS2 as they liked TS2 Sims better than TS3 because they thought that the TS3 Sims were ugly, they couldn't get used to TS3's CAS or they hated the open world. I didn't get into any Sims games until TS3 came out and I had brought TS2 DD 1 1/2 years after TS3 was out. So I've seen a lot of people over on the old TS2 site saying how they tried TS3 and just couldn't get into it as some of the reasons that I stated already plus they said that TS3 was boring to them.

Now once I got TS3 and tried it, I was hooked but did go back a few times to TS2. I do have TS2 UC and have tried playing it but find myself coming back to TS3... :)
  • Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

What card do you have? I recently got TS3 to recognise mine.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited April 2016
    It's the second time I've been driven back.
    I stopped playing after Get To Work and Spa Day and went back to TS3.
    I was intrigued by the clubs and groups feature when Get Together came out. I liked it, but it's still not enough to keep me playing. I doubt a restaurant game pack will either.

The only packs that might get me back to TS4 is Generations and University.
    I am a sucker for Uni and my YA sims would get use out of it as I am still waiting for toddlers, so everyone can hook up, get married, have babies, and then raise those children and send them off to University.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @Stdlr9 that's one way of putting it. :D

TS4 certainly drove me back to TS3, but that was way back last summer. I tried the game again around the time that GT came out but it's just lacking so much and I just really dislike the basic game mechanics and those will never change.

So I guess my take on it is yes, some people will go back to playing TS3 providing their computer can run it, others may be bored right now and play TS3 for awhile but will run back to TS4 as soon as new content is released. It all depends on what motivates us to play the Sims I guess, and which game allows each person to play the way we enjoy. For me, more content will not necessarily fix what I dislike about TS4 but who knows, in a few years I might feel differently. I doubt it, TBH, but it's possible.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    I hope So! because 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Sims 3 is like a Ferrari to the Sims 4 well er they got nothing...
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
  • Options
    deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    edited April 2016

"tons of TS4 players will also be posting that they quit TS5 for TS4. :p"

i just don't think so i dunno i just feel that something in the core of the sims 4 is missing. I am a proud sims 1 2 and 3 owner. but for the first time i am skipping an entire iteration. i think there are a lot more people like this then ever.
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I remember the start of TS2 and TS3 where the wait for new stuff had me going back to the older games. And I like going back to the Original just for the fun of it- Memories! I'll always play TS2 because there's so much I want to do with the game and yet still play TS3. I'm happy with my games while I wait for TS4 to grow or TS5 to come out. Either way- I'm Happily Simming! :heart:
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »

You'll need to edit the graphics card files to get to be recognized, as well as enabling V-Sync via NVidia's control panel.

@phoebebebe13 may be able to tell you more on how to get your card recognized and can explain better than me in enabling V-Sync via NVidia's control panel.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    I switch between the games. I still love TS3 a lot. TS4 has become somewhat entertaining for me lately, but I didn't play it the first year and half. I've been playing TS4 for the most part recently, but now I'm missing TS3! Sooo while origin DLs Into the Future, I thought I'd check the boards :wink:
    My chaotic simblr
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »

You'll need to edit the graphics card files to get to be recognized, as well as enabling V-Sync via NVidia's control panel.

@phoebebebe13 may be able to tell you more on how to get your card recognized and can explain better than me in enabling V-Sync via NVidia's control panel.
    I believe phoebebe never bothered with getting her card recognized because vsync is enough for her game.

@Sigzy05 Here is the guide on how to get it recognized:
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Getting_new_graphics_cards_recognized_by_the_game
    If you have Nvidia and can't figure it out, I can help you. Send me a PM.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    It drove me back to Sims 3! (I played it for a month when I first got it and that was enough). Too much lacking.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    It drove me back to ts3...I used to be a huge advocate for ts4, but now I just can't play it. I gave ts3 another chance and I play ts2 and ts1 too...they all feel more complete.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I think all games drive people back to earlier versions. I still think Sims 3 is the best, but that is Sims 3 + NRAAS mods is the best. Without at least "Error Trap" and "overwatch." I would rank Sims 3 as somewhat unplayable.

I view the Sims games as different. I like the original Sims but the needs run out so fast, it ruins it for me after a day of playing. I think the most effort was put into the Sims 2, but I like the look of the Sims 3 and Sims 4 better.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited April 2016
    Chimark wrote: »
    I think all games drive people back to earlier versions. I still think Sims 3 is the best, but that is Sims 3 + NRAAS mods is the best. Without at least "Error Trap" and "overwatch." I would rank Sims 3 as somewhat unplayable.

I view the Sims games as different. I like the original Sims but the needs run out so fast, it ruins it for me after a day of playing. I think the most effort was put into the Sims 2, but I like the look of the Sims 3 and Sims 4 better.

Not true. I was quite happy to play S2 from beginning to end, and then some, while still playing S1 off and on (still). A good game won't drive me away from it. A not-so-good game, however, will.

EDIT: Having said that: S4 did not drive me to play S3. Curiosity did. All S4 did was drive me away from S4.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited April 2016
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Even after a year-and-a-half and 2 EPs? Only asking because I wasn't around that long near the beginning.

Not only a year and a half but longer. I got TS3 in 2011 (two years after it was released), and when I joined the forums, people were still posting on a regular basis that they were going back to TS2 because they hated TS3 so much.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited April 2016
    I play them all when time allows. 3 mostly for the pets especially the horses. 2 i find is still the most "family fun" but they all entertain me. Nothing drove me back because i never left.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I enjoy both Sims 2 and Sims 3 though both need Mods to fix the issues each one had.Sims 2 is only playable on my current comeputer with the Mods and Sims 3 requires tons of Mods including the 97 NRaas Mod files I use to fix the issues.Both of them are great for family play though.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @TadOlson ~97 NRass mods? I have maybe 5 to play... more for CAW. I'm amazed. O.O
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited April 2016
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I enjoy both Sims 2 and Sims 3 though both need Mods to fix the issues each one had.Sims 2 is only playable on my current comeputer with the Mods and Sims 3 requires tons of Mods including the 97 NRaas Mod files I use to fix the issues.Both of them are great for family play though.

I'm amazed also since there's only a total of 78 Nraas Mod files on their site
    And I got something ask you why is it on every site I see you at your Nraas Mod file numbers jump from 60 to 97 to even more you sometimes claim all on the same day with only a few minutes difference in the posting times can't you get your story straight
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p