Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fresh game! Still glitching. :(

PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
I am going to try to reinstall (again) due to an incredible amount of glitches. I have uninstalled through programs in control panel. I am not seeing anything Sims 4 related kicking around. Are there any files hidden somewhere else I need to ditch before installing again?
Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
Post edited by Piperbird on

Comments

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited April 2016
    You might have registry keys that would have been left over and need deleting, but I'm sorry I can't tell you which ones, and deleting/adding things to the registry is like the computing equivelant of brain surgery; please don't do anything there unless you're ABSOLUTELY SURE of what you're doing.

This explains things better
    answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Manually-uninstalling-The-Sims-4/td-p/3447927

I've done this myself and so long as you delete the right things it all works.

Do please keep in mind that uninstalling through origin might remove the relevant registry keys as well.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    did u try right clicking the game case that shows up in ur library for sims 4?
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hello
    If you would like to start again with a fresh new sims 4 folder, with none of your current save games, you can move your Documents-electronic arts -sims 4 folder to another place in your computer or to an external drive as a backup. Then after reinstalling the game and playing the game once, a new sims 4 folder will be generated. If you would like to keep/return your items that you had saved to your library, you could put back your trays folder ( which contains the households /lots that are in your library ) from your back up old sims 4 folder into the new sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    OK, completely fresh game. Made a new Sim. The random name generator came up with Phoenix on the first try, so I thought that was a good sign, a fresh game from the ashes of the old. I am going to enjoy this game, even if it makes me puke.
    04-16-16_5-28-25nbspPM_zps6bxjwrzr.png

Awww, I just noticed I forgot her freckles.
  • Options
    It was very nice that the name generator gave your sim the name Phoenix. She is pretty! I hope that the new game goes smoothly without issue.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    OK, mild success. Reinstalling my game brought the eggs back, however, the frog logs have already stopped spawning. Looks like my spawning bug that I've had since day one is still here.

Something I found amusing did happen. I gave Jasmine the 20 fruits for the planter. She said "Thanks for hanging out with me, I should be getting going now", and she began to walk away from the public garden. At the same time, a second Jasmine spawned. The first one cannot be interacted with. I guess there is a Jasmine assigned to each part of the challenge.

But look at the stink-eye old Jasmine gives new Jasmine!

04-16-16_7-58-42nbspPM_zpss7woo6fu.png

*Edit: I simply cannot spell tonight.
    Post edited by Piperbird on
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited April 2016
    Piperbird wrote: »
    OK, mild success. Reinstalling my game brought the eggs back, however, the frog logs have stopped spawning. Looks like my spawning bug that I've had since day one is still here.

Something I found amusing did happen. I gave Jasmine the 20 fruits for the planter. She said "Thanks for hanging out with me, I should be getting going now", and she began to walk away from the public garden. At the same time, a second Jasmine spawned. The first one cannot be interacted with. I guess there is a Jasmine assigned to each part of the challenge.

Things about to get real. Where's Jerry Springer when you need him?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    With that rocket thought bubble and the facial expression, I doubt she is thinking anything nice!
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I'm so pleased your game seems to be working much better now @Piperbird . The frog logs not spawning is annoying. I have that in one of my games and deleting the cache files helped to fix that.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    OK, mild success. Reinstalling my game brought the eggs back, however, the frog logs have stopped spawning. Looks like my spawning bug that I've had since day one is still here.

OMG, Piper, I think you have the patience of a saint. If I kept having as many bugs as you, I think I would've shipped my TS4 gamebox (since there aren't disks anymore) to EA with a glitterbomb strapped to it.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »

OMG, Piper, I think you have the patience of a saint. If I kept having as many bugs as you, I think I would've shipped my TS4 gamebox (since there aren't disks anymore) to EA with a glitterbomb strapped to it.

LOL, I;m not sure if it is patience or stupidity (or insanity?). The Sims were always such a big deal for me, ever since Sims 1. I loved everything I played. I'm so reluctant to admit this game is awful. I want it to be good. But it keeps biting me. Oh well. I'm going to try this challenge again, and I have a build idea rattling around in my head (I really want a sunken sun room or a raised breakfast nook), so I'll still be kicking around for a while.
  • Options

LOL, I;m not sure if it is patience or stupidity (or insanity?). The Sims were always such a big deal for me, ever since Sims 1. I loved everything I played. I'm so reluctant to admit this game is awful. I want it to be good. But it keeps biting me. Oh well. I'm going to try this challenge again, and I have a build idea rattling around in my head (I really want a sunken sun room or a raised breakfast nook), so I'll still be kicking around for a while.

Ooh, can't wait to see it. You do some great builds. I do wish you could find more enjoyment in the game itself. Here's to hoping they start adding stuff that brings back the fun for you in this version. And that the bugs get fixed for you. I'm frequently quite stunned at how many issues you run into with this game.
  • Options

Ooh, can't wait to see it. You do some great builds. I do wish you could find more enjoyment in the game itself. Here's to hoping they start adding stuff that brings back the fun for you in this version. And that the bugs get fixed for you. I'm frequently quite stunned at how many issues you run into with this game.

That's why I take so many screenshots, so I can prove I'm not crazy! I could understand if I used mods or something, there's no guarantee everything will work properly when you start messing with third party software. But this is 100% vanilla, straight out of the box. I don't know, maybe others don't experience these issues because their mods have actually fixed the glitches for them. It's just hard to be passionate about something that disappoints you so often. :(
  • Options

That's why I take so many screenshots, so I can prove I'm not crazy! I could understand if I used mods or something, there's no guarantee everything will work properly when you start messing with third party software. But this is 100% vanilla, straight out of the box. I don't know, maybe others don't experience these issues because their mods have actually fixed the glitches for them. It's just hard to be passionate about something that disappoints you so often. :(

I don't know. I've played both vanilla and with mods and don't have even a quarter of the problems you do. But, I used to run into a lot of lagging, long renders and glitchy stuff in TS3 while some people had almost no issues. Not enough, though, that I couldn't enjoy the game, which was fortunate for me.

Well, again, hopefully they'll manage to get a few patches out the finally get rid of most of your issues so you can at least enjoy it a bit more.
  • Options
    The inventory scroll glitch is back. :(

04-17-16_1-09-41nbspPM_zpsqt8bl53o.png
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Just out of curiosity, Piper, do you play with Origin set to offline and in offline mode inside your Sims 4 game?
    I recently began to run into some really peculiar issues in my game (It's extremely rare for me to experience problems in my sims 4 game) and I found that going offline remedied all of them.

Does it make any difference for you?
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited April 2016

This might be a dumb question but I am just trying to help. Have you gotten rid of your Avatar Cache from Origin? It tends to build up pretty bad if you let it go especially if you surf the gallery much which as a builder I am thinking you might? I know I mentioned how to delete it in another thread but since I didn't book mark that thread I am not sure if you saw it. I don't want to belabor the point if you have already done it. I will bookmark this one though.

If you have not done it here is how. I learned this off a site by Crincrit. Here is a link http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/

The goal is to delete the Avatar Cache files. This is what I do and I have Windows 7 so your set up might be slightly different. But when I get that inventory glitch this fixes it most of the time:

Computer/C:/users/<your name>/appdata/local/origin/avatarscache

I hope this helps. Do you clean your computer with a CCcleaner program? That also may help.

I am assuming you have tried deleting cache files in your game or I would suggest that to. I hate that this is keeping you from enjoying the game.

Edited for typos
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity, Piper, do you play with Origin set to offline and in offline mode inside your Sims 4 game?
    I recently began to run into some really peculiar issues in my game (It's extremely rare for me to experience problems in my sims 4 game) and I found that going offline remedied all of them.

No, I usually play in online mode.
    Glimmer50 wrote: »

This might be a dumb question but I am just trying to help. Have you gotten rid of your Avatar Cache from Origin? It tends to build up pretty bad if you let it go especially if you surf the gallery much which as a builder I am thinking you might? I know I mentioned how to delete it in another thread but since I didn't book mark that thread I am not sure if you saw it. I don't want to belabor the point if you have already done it. I will bookmark this one though.

If you have not done it here is how. I learned this off a site by Crincrit. Here is a link http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files/

The goal is to delete the Avatar Cache files. This is what I do and I have Windows 7 so your set up might be slightly different. But when I get that inventory glitch this fixes it most of the time:

I hope this helps. Do you clean your computer with a CCcleaner program? That also may help.

I am assuming you have tried deleting cache files in your game or I would suggest that to. I hate that this is keeping you from enjoying the game.

Edited for typos

I can give it a go. I thought I had cleaned everything out when I reinstalled though. I've got Windows 10, though, so I don't see anyplace called appdata.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member

No, I usually play in online mode.

Edited for typos

I can give it a go. I thought I had cleaned everything out when I reinstalled though. I've got Windows 10, though, so I don't see anyplace called appdata.

You have to unhide it as it is a hidden file in Windows 7. Here is a guide on how to do that in Windows 10: http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10.html
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    OK, mild success. Reinstalling my game brought the eggs back, however, the frog logs have already stopped spawning. Looks like my spawning bug that I've had since day one is still here.

*Edit: I simply cannot spell tonight.

Another bug in the matrix....smh.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LOL, OK, this one I'm not even sure I can be mad at. My Sim finished her gardening, and, as usual, queued up to get milk, even though she isn't hungry. I paused the game and cancelled the action. Even though the game is paused, my Sim is skating in a small circle, on one foot, THROUGH the garden gate.

(Awww, I took a little video of it and put it on my photobucket, but can't seem to put it here)

• Options

Edited for typos

Thank you for the tutorial on how to delete origin cache files, Glimmer! (I don't think I've ever done that, I've only cleared the game caches).
  • Options
    LOL, OK, this one I'm not even sure I can be mad at. My Sim finished her gardening, and, as usual, queued up to get milk, even though she isn't hungry. I paused the game and cancelled the action. Even though the game is paused, my Sim is skating in a small circle, on one foot, THROUGH the garden gate.

(Awww, I took a little video of it and put it on my photobucket, but can't seem to put it here)

LOL! She's talented!!! rofl
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Hello.
    When you have the issue that you are unable to scroll the inventory, try switching to another tab such as aspiration, needs or career and then back again and see if that helps the issue. Also try travelling to another lot and see if that helps.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @Piperbird you really need to be playing in off-line mode. I have a really ace PC but the game still weirds-out after playing on-line for a while.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.