Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can not play my game

I go to play a house hold and it would go to load then it would go to the maps . I can not even edited no lots . It was fine last night but today I can not do nothing . I am trying to repair the game and see if that works . I let you know if it works .

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    I hope that repairing the game helps your issue.

If it doesn't, shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView, files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.

Try doing the suggestions in this link and see if that helps the issue,
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/12/loading-a-family-just-reloads-the-map/
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    Repairing did not work I try shut down and restart . Let you know
  • Options
    If you try resetting the sims 4 folder and the other suggestions in the above post , and the issue remains, you may need to either try rolling back your game to an earlier version or start a new save game.
    These links explain about rolling back your save game to an earlier version.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/

If you need to start a new save game, you can save your sims from your current game to the library, start a new game, and place your sims into it. They will lose though any relationships that your sims has with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills and their careers.
  • Options
    No Repairing did not work and some how trying to fix it lost all my stuff, but I start over fresh. Just before it happen . I was playing and I used the cheat for bb.showhiddenobjects to get the cow plant and the trash plant . I do not know if that had something to do with it .
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    gmomasue wrote: »
    No Repairing did not work and some how trying to fix it lost all my stuff, but I start over fresh. Just before it happen . I was playing and I used the cheat for bb.showhiddenobjects to get the cow plant and the trash plant . I do not know if that had something to do with it .

Hello
    Do you still have your saves, tray and other folders in the sims 4 folder that is on your desktop ? If you do, you can put them back into the new sims 4 folder that is in Documents -electronic arts - sims 4 folder. Try replacing the folders ( save, tray, mods, custom music, screenshots ) that have the same name in the new sims 4 folder with the old ones from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    No I put it back but it did not work . But I can play that I good thing . I did find something going though in my files on last Exception . <?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>898799292ecd1afa57059448</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2016-04-06 21:30:32</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.16.61.1020-1.200.000.201.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>animation_element.py:619</categoryid><desyncid>898799292ecd1afa57059448</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'register_custom_event_handler') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 373, in _run File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\animation_element.py", line 619, in do_begin AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'register_custom_event_handler' </desyncdata></report>
    </root> I do not know what it all means but if it helps some one else . Thank you for your help
  • Options
    I am sorry that you had to start a new save game but I am glad that you are able to play the game again :) I hope that you don't have any issues with your new save game.
  • Options
    Thank you for your help .
  • Options
    smellykittysmellykitty Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi all, so I've been playing sims 4 for about 165 hours. I have Sims 4 Get To Work, Get Together expansion packages and many mods (Pregnancy, Young Adult/Teen relationship, Club points mod, and hair/makeup mods). This morning, something went wrong with my Sims. Here are the list of problems:

- Sims 4 Get Together clubs duplicate. Sims can join the clubs but the clubs don't have any members even though in the info panel, it still shows all the existing members.
    - Can't enter any household lot and shuttle back to the Neighbourhoods Selection Screen. I was planning a wedding at a Chateau, then I wanted to change the bride appearance. After finishing changing her appearance, I click okay to go back to her current environment but it loads me back to Neighbourhoods Selection Screen (NSS). So I just kept trying to load the character again and again but it kept bringing me back to the NSS. Then I tried to enter a random household lots and it kicked me back to the NSS.

After that, I went to seek for help online and saw the instructions to reset my game on EA websites. So I followed the instructions carefully. However, now my game got reset to the beginning and I've lost all my current characters. I don't want to play it from the beginning again. I still have the current Sims 4 backup file with the saved files and mods. So my questions are:

Q1: How can I restart my game where I left off (not from the beginning)?
    Q2: How can I fix my Get Together club duplicates issues?

Please help me. I'm desperate. Thank you so so much. Have a great weekend, y'all.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited April 2016
    After you reset the gameplay folder, copy your .save files back into the new Saves folder ... but not the Autosave, which is the one with 0000001 in it. Then in the Main Menu use the top right disk icon to load the save you want. I would suggest *not* putting the mods back yet: you can first check if it was a problem with that folder's content.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.