Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Botched birthday and caterer won't leave

belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
Just thought I'd post these two glitches that occurred in a new save I'm playing to try out some things while playing vanilla.
I have solved this myself, but thought it might be interesting to see for others.

My Sim got an invitation to another Sim's birthday party.
Upon arrival at the venue, it turned out to be an empty lot in Newcrest.
I went straight into Build Mode and quickly built a residential with the necessary items for a party.
Only the inviting Sim, my Sim and a caterer (Mila Munch) arrived at the venue.

First, there was no cake, so my Sim baked one and placed candles on it.
The birthday Sim went over to the cake, blew once and then walked away without any aging action.
He just sat down to play some games/troll teh forums instead.
I tried baking two new cakes, but he would still not go over and blow out the candles.

The party ended and the birthday Sim left.
Now comes the even more interesting part...!
Mila Munch the caterer doesn't leave. In fact, it appears she is unable to leave or do anything to help her personal decay.
25492301443_db093a3c8a_b.jpg

She moved out of the way for my Sim to be able to open the fridge. But she did not cook or eat anything herself.
26002380962_489e8599de_b.jpg

She indicated bad hygiene, hunger and boredom, but remained stationary inside the kitchen.
She wet herself three times and moved out of the way for my Sim to mop it up.
26002380712_8d8a4486b0_b.jpg
26028540881_ede37c6610_b.jpg

Eventually, she died of starvation.
25490139604_73fb90e1d8_b.jpg
25822055770_0d20af8c46_b.jpg

But I'm not that cruel, so my Sim pleaded with Grim and had her resurrected.
25822056540_3b3ea35328_b.jpg

After resurrecting Mila I tried the social option "Go away", but she would still not leave the lot, even if she did go outside into the garden.
The solution to this issue? Go to Manage Worlds. When coming back to the lot Mila was gone.

Comments