Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does This Bother Anyone Else?

I dislike that every time my Sims takes a bath he/she gets playful and starts splashing around. It happens even if they're sad. They become playful or happy and play in the bath. Does this bother anyone else, or am I alone on this one?

Comments

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Hmm you know, I always have my sims shower so I didn't really notice. That seems strange. I feel like only bubble baths should make them playful. I agree, that sounds annoying.
  • Options
    sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    You're not alone! Lol it makes me crazy, im tempted to remove thier bath tubs all together, but it would ruin the aesthetic of their bathroom haha. Now when i see the interaction pop up, i usually cancel it and send them to the shower instead.
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    Hmm you know, I always have my sims shower so I didn't really notice. That seems strange. I feel like only bubble baths should make them playful. I agree, that sounds annoying.

I see it a lot with my female Sims. They love a good bubble bath LOL My male sims shower usually.
  • Options
    sekojrana wrote: »
    You're not alone! Lol it makes me crazy, im tempted to remove thier bath tubs all together, but it would ruin the aesthetic of their bathroom haha. Now when i see the interaction pop up, i usually cancel it and send them to the shower instead.

I wish EA would fix this. Sims don't need to be so playful everytime they take a bath...
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Yeah, it's a childish interaction, but one that does not require the Sim to have said trait. I'm glad, on the one hand, to have a way to help uplift a Sim whose sad, but still. I agree, it's annoying.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Im wondering if its a glitch, tho? Because my sims never took bubblebaths at all before, and now suddenly thats all any of them take. And they dont have any playful traits or anything. Its too bad you dont have to buy bubbles for the bath or something so it can be prevented tho
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @sekojrana when i had a bath in my game, they always wanted a bubble bath since a particular patch.. im not sure which one tho but it was a while ago. I remember that in ts3, i liked that feature so much with the shopping and stuff. i miss that tbh
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    Im wondering if its a glitch, tho? Because my sims never took bubblebaths at all before, and now suddenly thats all any of them take. And they dont have any playful traits or anything. Its too bad you dont have to buy bubbles for the bath or something so it can be prevented tho

My sims will play in the bath even if it's not a bubble bath. I don't know if that's a bug.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    me i do not find this annoying i find this amusing and me much prefer my sims to have bathtubs as i sell the showers in ther homes and replace them with regular bathtubs
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    @ChloeDeCookie yeah, i miss that too haha. I dont know when it started for me, but it was pretty sudden, so i guess it was from the patch too.

@shadowicia i didnt think sims did it with regular baths. Does your sim have a goodball or childish trait, maybe? Otherwise i would guess bug.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This may be a bug but I doubt it. It's the fact all Sims are the same. There is no point of bubble bath because taking a bath winds up with the same results for every Sim that would take a bath. They all (even if they don't become playful) will sit and play in tub. No matter which Sim it is, so it's a blanket animation. Some may become playful but others don't but they will all waste time sitting in it playing. No matter which Sim or Trait, or Emotional State of Mind, or Age, Bubble bath has nothing to do with it, any bath makes Sims sit and play in tub. This is one reason I get so aggravated in this game because of these blanket animations that annoying and Traits don't matter.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Cinebar oh, i didnt mean just the animation, but getting the playful moodlet from it. I thought only bubblebaths made sims playful, as opposed to regular baths. Ive never really paid attention to the animations for it myself to notice the difference (or lack of) between emotions, tho.
  • Options
    @ChloeDeCookie yeah, i miss that too haha. I dont know when it started for me, but it was pretty sudden, so i guess it was from the patch too.

@shadowicia i didnt think sims did it with regular baths. Does your sim have a goodball or childish trait, maybe? Otherwise i would guess bug.

No, my female sim doesn't have the goofball or childish trait.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Well there's "take a Bath" and "Take a bubble bath"
    take a bubble bath is what puts them in a playful emotion.
    take a bath just raises hygiene.

I don't find the concept annoying just the adult animations are a little childish.
    it depends what emotion is amplified.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yeah, makes no sense to me that a bath, bubbly or otherwise, would make a sim playful. Baths are calming, playful is the opposite of calm! Maybe only childish/goofballs should be receiving this moodlet from splashing about.

Also don't love that if I want my sim to have decent dental hygiene they end up confident all the time. Anyone know of a mod to remove these moodlets?
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Well there's "take a Bath" and "Take a bubble bath"
    take a bubble bath is what puts them in a playful emotion.
    take a bath just raises hygiene.

I don't find the concept annoying just the adult animations are a little childish.
    it depends what emotion is amplified.

I must have a bug because Sims become playful and play even if I just take a bath.. It's always been like that for me in my game.
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I think it's one of the main things that make sims 4 for 12 and under instead of teens and up (Yeah it bothers me) I don't think it's a glitch because it's always happened...
  • Options
    Yeah, it sounds like youve found a bug! Hopefully it gets fixed before too long then. And @esharpmajor theres a cheat to remove moodlets, but i cant remember it. Simsvip and carls sims 4 both have cheat lists tho, you could probably find it easily if you look :)
  • Options
    @sekojrana u can download a mod called advanced debug cheats..u can add or remove traits, remove moodlets, trigger illness, trigger labour when the sim is pregnant and stuff like that. its one of my favourites
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    This may be a bug but I doubt it. It's the fact all Sims are the same. There is no point of bubble bath because taking a bath winds up with the same results for every Sim that would take a bath. They all (even if they don't become playful) will sit and play in tub. No matter which Sim it is, so it's a blanket animation. Some may become playful but others don't but they will all waste time sitting in it playing. No matter which Sim or Trait, or Emotional State of Mind, or Age, Bubble bath has nothing to do with it, any bath makes Sims sit and play in tub. This is one reason I get so aggravated in this game because of these blanket animations that annoying and Traits don't matter.

Stuff like this is why I am playing Sims 3 more these days..
  • Options
    @ChloeDeCookie oh neat! I might look into that, i guess thats the mod that shows hidden traits too, right? I've been wondering about it, thanks!
  • Options
    @sekojrana yeah, u can pick what age they r, if they r ghost or not, cause of death if they r a ghost, moviepreference, gender preference and if u have the add more traits mod, u can have loads of traits
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @Cinebar oh, i didnt mean just the animation, but getting the playful moodlet from it. I thought only bubblebaths made sims playful, as opposed to regular baths. Ive never really paid attention to the animations for it myself to notice the difference (or lack of) between emotions, tho.

No, if your Sims have the right combination of something they will get playful in tub but not always. It is the playing animations that cause it, so if they removed this from 'every' bath then perhaps they wouldn't get playful without a playful or childish trait. This is where traits should matter more.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Huh.
    Mine don't play or become playful when just taking a regular bath. They simply just lay there and wash up.
    Taking a bubble bath, on the other hand, leads to the playing and playful results, which I'd expect.
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    I don't think it's a glitch. I think it's just a symptom of a feature that wasn't well thought out. Things in the environment seem to have way too much pull on a Sim's mood.

Sad cuz Mom died on the floor in front of you? Walk into a well-decorated room and forget all about ol' what's-her-name!
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png