Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats or Dogs?

Comments

• Options
    MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    edited March 2016
    I love dogs. Never met one I didn't like!
    I like cats as long as they belong to somebody else, and they don't use my garden for their litterbox.
  • Options
    ItsJayEmmItsJayEmm Posts: 15 New Member
    I love all animals. I have 2 cats and a dog and I could never choose between the two. Cats are great for when you are just chilling at home, but my dog is my best friend who I can take on my hiking adventures and shes always there for me.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I'm a cat person
  • Options
    pineapplerunawaypineapplerunaway Posts: 153 Member
    I'm a huge cat person. I always grew up with them as pets, and I've never had a dog. People tend to think of cats as aloof and non-affectionate, but you really just have to earn their affection. Once a cat picks you as their "person", they're so loving and affectionate. I adopted my kittie from a rescue when she was just a wee bub, and she's been such an amazing friend to me and has let me cry into her fur more times than I can count! She always tries to groom my hair but I have long hair so she just gives up right away lol. She always lays outside my bedroom door waiting for me to get up, wants me to sit with her while she eats, and we when cuddle she drools insanely.

I think she's part ragdoll, the vet said he'd bet money on her being half ragdoll. I can hold her upside down and she's just so happy, looking around and such. You can hold her in pretty much any position but now that she's fully grown I try to refrain from doing that too much, she's only three but I'm afraid of hurting her bones or something. She's also SO chatty, we can have "conversations", if you speak to her she will speak back, every time. She's just a funny gal.

I don't dislike dogs but I've never spent too much time around them, I think if I were to get a dog in the future it would have to be a breed that is similar to a cat. I like cats because they're not clingy, if you're not in the mood to give them attention at that moment they're no worse off, whereas any dog I've encountered acts like you are a God among men, and must be with you at all times. I like the independence of cats, you can leave them at home for the day or for the night and they'll be just fine.
    Get off my lawn!
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    Dogs are friendlier and more loyal, but cats are really cool and sly. I seriously can't decide!

Agree with @Swiftlover13 :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    GeekInterpreterGeekInterpreter Posts: 4 New Member
    small dogs and chatty cats!
  • Options
    mercimerci Posts: 60 Member
    well, it depends on the animal personality for me! i like all animals, but i can't get along with some.

I am a dog person. I had a dog since I was young and we're like sisters. Cats are off-putting for me. They seem very selfish and opportunists. Many of my friends have cats, and the way they "cheat" on them and seem to not care about their owners sometimes is very sad. I don't
    understand obsession for them by my many friends. They seem like they are just fine without humans, but dogs are more pack animals and like family!

I think they are cute, but i think wild cats are more cute than house cats. Cheetah is my favorite feline.

The outside cats and stray cats around here are so annoying... so much meowing and fighting... ugh...
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Cats cuz they're cooler and they're like ninjas.

@DeKay this is for you -

karatecat_zps8afb6cb6.jpg

Hahaha love it! :D
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    VeaumVeaum Posts: 179 Member
    I have 3 cats... Yet I'm a dog person. Not sure how that works, but it does.
    Intel core i7 7700K
    16GB Kingston hyper X fury
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    MSI Z270-A PRO
    1TB HD
    480GB SSD
  • Options
    PunkJadeePunkJadee Posts: 213 Member
    awesome i had two cats but one sadly died my cats were brother and sister i only have the girl now :)
    Pew-Pew-Kitty-clean_800x.jpg?v=1501003855
  • Options
    joanbarfieldjoanbarfield Posts: 46 Member
    I am an absolute dog person!

... But my husbands a cat person and that's why we have three cats -_-; Cats are cool too mostly; I just like dogs WAAAAYYY more lol
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Dogs, and only small dogs. I don't mind being around cats or big dogs, but I would never own one. Cats make me itch and big dogs are just too big. I prefer small dogs to cuddle with, and I can actually carry them if I needed to.
  • Options
    TheSimsMasterTheSimsMaster Posts: 20 New Member
    Dogs.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Goats.

Oh, that wasn't an option?

Cats then.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Bunnies! :blush:

enhanced-buzz-15864-1385157080-4.jpg

But, out of cats vs. dogs I'll go with cats. :smile:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Kristin1708Kristin1708 Posts: 2 New Member
    I like best cats.
  • Options
    AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    I've never met a cat who liked me, so pupper <3
    8829c0d192d0d8d2ab789e3d249fac2e.jpg
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Cats because they're less needy and they don't bark. But I really prefer hamsters because they'll tolerate you in short bursts but don't beg for attention (or try to lay on your head when you're sleeping like some cats I know :# )
  • Options
    JennaKatzJennaKatz Posts: 74 Member
    Definitely cats but I do like dogs
    KlINywE.gif
    Meow
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Cats.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Anonymous_Loba24Anonymous_Loba24 Posts: 528 Member
    I used to be a dog person until we, my granma basically, got one. He's a little... Something... Honestly, being around him reminded me of how needy dogs are. I now LOVE cats. They are so chill. Have their own agenda and really don't need much. Plus, they don't bark. They can just be really vocal and meow a lot. But I do like dogs. Pit Bulls, Staffordshire Terriers, and Dobermans though. Maybe a Rottweiler.

Now I do love ferrets mostly.
    4079d81271f2af485384f79de0670e0a.gif
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Dogs.
  • Options
    VeronicaForCubaVeronicaForCuba Posts: 78 Member
    Cats and only cats! :D I have nothing against dogs but I have two cats myself and I love them - Sarah and Aaron, they're both british shorthair cats. So proud and majestic...and lazy :D
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Dogs. Always. Never cats.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    PunkJadeePunkJadee Posts: 213 Member
    lovely to see this discussion still alive
    Pew-Pew-Kitty-clean_800x.jpg?v=1501003855