Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what is up with cache?!

i am not new with The Sims or The Sims 4. I have playing it ever since it came out with CC and Mods and never had a problem. but now i face the problem that NONE of my CC is working. I have tried most things but i am giving it a break and now asking about my cache folder. should anything be inside it? mine is completely empty, and my cachestr just has spotlight.package in it. I need help. I am also wondering if cache has anything to do with my CC not working. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Those folders concern the game's memory of what you looked at in the Gallery. No, they're not likely to have anything to do with your CC.

The most common issues we see with CC not working are:
    - one or more CC items are either no longer compatible with the game or conflict with each other; try adding the CC back in gradually
    - in Game Options > Other, "Enable Custom Content and Mods" was not checked (restart the game after checking it)
    - not sure the issue solved by this one, but sometimes letting the game make a new Mods folder and new resource.cfg file, then moving just the CC files (not resource.cfg) back into the new folder, helps
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    pippin_in_polaroidspippin_in_polaroids Posts: 10 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Those folders concern the game's memory of what you looked at in the Gallery. No, they're not likely to have anything to do with your CC.
    >
    > The most common issues we see with CC not working are:
    > - one or more CC items are either no longer compatible with the game or conflict with each other; try adding the CC back in gradually
    > - in Game Options > Other, "Enable Custom Content and Mods" was not checked (restart the game after checking it)
    > - not sure the issue solved by this one, but sometimes letting the game make a new Mods folder and new resource.cfg file, then moving just the CC files (not resource.cfg) back into the new folder, helps

I tried all of that and it still won't show up. Anymore advice?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    Hello.
    If you haven't already done this, move your mods folder to your desktop. Start the game and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your cc from your old mods folder into the new mods folder, then test to see if they appear.

If you still have issues, this is a link to a cc conflict detector if you would like to use it for your game.
    http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=572482