The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    I just thought of another thing to add. Ultrasound Pictures of the baby so you can put it up on a wall.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I hope players aren't penalized for aging up the toddlers early, in terms of traits n all that. I do believe those who stick with them long enough to complete whatever tasks there might be for them should be rewarded, but I hope it's in terms of items (much like how you get the cardboard dance floor at a certain level in that skill). Maybe unlocked children's toys or outfits, like some of the careers have. Or discounts on babysitters or something. Seems more fair all around.

If skipping the toddler stage immediately means either a lack of a trait or a negative one, I'll go out of my way to never have them. Begin families with children already or adopt or something.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I hope players aren't penalized for aging up the toddlers early, in terms of traits n all that. I do believe those who stick with them long enough to complete whatever tasks there might be for them should be rewarded, but I hope it's in terms of items (much like how you get the cardboard dance floor at a certain level in that skill). Maybe unlocked children's toys or outfits, like some of the careers have. Or discounts on babysitters or something. Seems more fair all around.

If skipping the toddler stage immediately means either a lack of a trait or a negative one, I'll go out of my way to never have them. Begin families with children already or adopt or something.
    I hope so too. Nice ideas.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @TheGoodOldGamer I agree. There should be no penalty for aging toddlers up so players who don't want them don't have to feel that they are a burden but for those who do want to play with them and maybe get them skilled up their could be some vantages such as maybe they could gain skills quicker and progress through school faster and maybe even later in life they could get a better chance in a career.

This way there could be more purpose to toddlers rather than just 'looking cute' and filling in the gap between baby and child and might set toddlers aside from TS2 or TS3.

I wouldn't be interested in toddlers myself but if I thought that there was a vantage with them, I might play through them more as it could give me a stronger Sim which I might be grateful for later on.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Just when I'm feeling hopeless about toddlers, I read this on Twitter. XD

It is true the Sims Freeplay does have some pretty sweet life stages including cool babies and toddlers. It just makes me wonder if Gurus are checking out this thread today.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Just when I'm feeling hopeless about toddlers, I read this on Twitter. XD

It is true the Sims Freeplay does have some pretty sweet life stages including cool babies and toddlers. It just makes me wonder if Gurus are checking out this thread today.

The heart beat my heart skipped will be remembered forever.
  • Options
    But honeslty, I hope toddlers have a ton of rewarding traits to age up with. If a toddler Is constantly scolded about bad things, then they get rewarded with the Perfectionist trait or the Good trait.

It would be nice If a different trait outcome would be different everytime. For example:

Toddler 1 gets scolded for writing on the walls about (6 times In 1 day, 3 days = 18 times. 18 times In 3 days = rewarded with Perfectionist trait after being scolded 18 times).

Toddler 2 gets scolded for screaming and yelling about (5 times In 1 day, 3 days = 15 times. 15 times In 3 days = rewarded with Good trait after being scolded 15 times).

The toddler stage Is so fun because you get to do anything and plan everything for them, for me I like to do tons of things with my children sims too. I like the Idea/feature and I'm sure alot of others do too, (like we train animals to get rewarded traits besides lifetime points).
  • Options
    Simmer724Simmer724 Posts: 106 Member
    Karenn wrote: »
    I just thought of another thing to add. Ultrasound Pictures of the baby so you can put it up on a wall.

Oh em gee! Love this! Great idea!!!!
  • Options
    Karenn wrote: »

Or they could upload it online and share it like most people do anyway.

I call it the baby scan generation. Where I live it is fashionable almost! :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited May 2016
    Scobre wrote: »
    There are actually a few cool toddler beds.
    Grande%2BToddler%2BBed.jpg
    pTRU1-9719528enh-z6.jpg
    b7aee3d9fe01fd568c747be3e740eb95.jpg
    Modern+Toddler+Bed.jpg
    Toddler-Bed-Tent-Cars-Tent-Toddler-Bed-1.jpg
    2b9694c7707cbab8f447b3fdb3ed6565.jpg
    k2-_166f4c59-776d-4f29-8ea3-089debb92a3e.v1.jpg
    cd2d79fc3a6c13dd73ea0b73daa83ecb.jpg
    a21d89e26a40c49abe922804cfa448f2.jpg

So I wouldn't mind having beds instead of cribs for the tiny tots.

How about getting a toddler bed as a reward when the toddler have learned to walk!?
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Purple-Ink wrote: »
    All I know is that I definitely want toddler beds instead of (or in addition to) cribs haha

Yes! I do hope we will have the option for them to sleep on the crib too though. I love the idea of aging my baby to a toddler and still have them sleep on a crib because they still don't know how to walk or stand up on their own. Once they would learn though, we could get them toddler beds and they could get in and out on their own. I think this would give EA a lot of freedom to make them a bit more independent, but I want them to be more dependent before they learn to walk. It would be a really nice transition, like watching them slowly growing.
  • Options
    CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    I love everyone's idea, I really hope that the creators do some of these suggestions because toddlers are a must
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Krisha880 wrote: »

How about getting a toddler bed as a reward when the toddler have learned to walk!?
    Oh wow, that's a great idea. For learning to talk maybe a baby monitor? Learning to poop, uh....*thinks* a kiddie pool?
    cimg0167.jpg
    Post edited by Scobre on
  • Options
    - Crawl out of Crib feature (can be automous or player done)
    - Being able to mess with open fridge
    - Able to walk slowly downstairs
    - Able to climb onto beds and other low furniture.

It would be a bonus If some of this required a certain skill level.
    Complete the walking milestone = Able to walk down the stairs & Climb on beds/furniture.
    Complete the social skill = Toddler can learn tv songs (new t.v channel called goodmorning toddlers) :joy:

Games:
    Money counting games
    Block building
    Baby dolls for Toddlers to carry
    Hand games
    Nintendo sort of thing
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Hope they are being released this year!! ;)
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    I hope that when toddlers are added that babies are also fixed. If babies are still an object when toddlers happen, I still won't buy the game. There is so much about the game that lacks, I still might not even buy it then. Too much time has passed. And I still want an open world sim game.
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    edited May 2016
    If toddlers are a thing, maybe there will be a clipping issues on female parents that has big breast. But I still don't care about that at least we have toddlers :D
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    keyendee wrote: »
    If toddlers are a thing, maybe there will be a clipping issues on female parents that has big breast. But I still don't care about that at least we have toddlers :D

Sims literally stand in each other in this game. I highly doubt clipping is a major factor to the devs this iteration.

If toddlers and pets are ever added to this game again I want toddlers to cuddle with pets. In TS2 my sims baby just aged up to a toddler and I had him go over to hug the cat and the cat looked terrified and the toddler looked so happy, it was so funny :)
    Also I want peek-a-boo back because it's too adorable(once again in TS2) the father and toddler were so cute. I'm already more attached to these sims then I have been to any that I made in TS4
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    And here we are, Still waiting for Toddlers
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    Romire wrote: »
    And here we are, Still waiting for Toddlers

Just another day on the forums I guess ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JoyfulSimsJoyfulSims Posts: 287 Member
    I don't get the whole toddler hype to be honest. I found them annoying in sims 2 and when I read the ideas on the first page I'm just thinking to myself that when my family has toddlers, they're going to be forced to care for them more than for a child. The ideas in this thread are more complex and time-consuming than any other life stage. I know that toddlers are probably going to be a thing at some point but in all honesty... I hope they're not. I love to play with families but I don't have to have everything revolve around a toddler.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Please do not derail the thread.

@JoyfulSims @SimGuruDrake said this thread is not for people to say they don't want toddlers-it's quite clearly on the front page.
  • Options
    JoyfulSimsJoyfulSims Posts: 287 Member
    Apparently not clearly enough for me because I didn't see it. I must be blind.
    Didn't mean to derail the thread, I thought it was open for discussion. Apologies.
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    I think that toddlers should be able to use toys to gain Child-skill levels immediately upon age up, in a similar fashion to TS3.

For example, playing with a peg-hole toy should give up to 3 levels of Mental skill whenever they start building it as a child.
    Building blocks, activity tables, or a xylophone toy should give Creative skill.
    Learning to talk, or a toy that teaches them words should give Social skill.
    And learning to walk, using a walker, or a toy vacuum/mower should give them Motor skill.