Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like or dislike this expansion pack? Why?

I LOVE this EP. It is so much fun! I love Windenburg and I really like the new clothes! There's just always something going on and it's truly fun. I feel like a lot of people on the YouTube trailers were leaving some pretty negative comments about the EP but I think it turned out great. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    Woah, I said fun a lot, hehe.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Meh. ;) It's o.k. But I wasn't fascinated with the clubs since they don't really do the things 'together' or they never sit together at the cafes etc. Annoying. There was more in it to annoy me than make me laugh. Maybe I'm just too hard to please, but it bugs me a lot there aren't that many Sims out and about in Windenburg and that I can't move lots to another section (size of lots) and or redo the world. I liked the world a lot but I'm also one that wants to tear down everything and redo the whole thing..so guess I won't be satisfied in TS4 when it comes to moving vacant lots and or redecorating public spaces and or making Sims show up outside which I can't. (without a mod of some sort)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I love it! Windenburg is lovely, and the club system rocks. I can't imagine playing anymore without it. I've got a mod to add more club icons, so I can differentiate them -- though I'm also thinking I might hunt down a mod to turn off showing club icons. Sometimes there are a lot of icons floating about, and I'm starting to find I don't "need" to always see them during gameplay. (Though last night I finally saw one of my background-only clubs for the first time last night, and it was nice to know it really does work - it has no played or housed Sims in it.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited March 2016
    Windenburg is the most beautiful world ever made in The Sims series, the cafes resemble more italian espresso bars than that overrated coffee chain (that's a giant plus for me), the new venues are fantastic and as Luth said, I can't even fathom how I played without the club system.

However, the true potential of Get Together can be seen in making clubs for uncontrolled/unplayed sims. Seeing the sims you put in town hanging out together and doing what they're supposed to is absolutely amazing, perfect for storytelling and it adds a whole new lever of immersion in a way that hadn't been possible in the game until now. Nothing beats running into an unplayed family in the park grilling and eating together as a family, it really makes them feel like a real family. Clubs also add a whole new dimension to venues. For example, I have the supporters of FC Windenburg gather at the same pub, play bar games and watch the game. I even managed to make a small band that plays almost every night at The Blue Velvet, it's really nice to see them play when I take my sims parents on a date.

eRiUf4R.jpg
    Post edited by Mightydan on
  • Options
    > @Mightydan said:
    > Windenburg is the most beautiful world ever made in The Sims series, the cafes resemble more italian espresso bars than that overrated coffee chain (that's a giant plus for me), the new venues are fantastic and as Luth said, I can't even fathom how I played without the club system.
    >
    > However, the true potential of Get Together can be seen in making clubs for uncontrolled/unplayed sims. Seeing the sims you put in town hanging out together and doing what they're supposed to is absolutely amazing, perfect for storytelling and it adds a whole new lever of immersion in a way that hadn't been possible in the game until now. Nothing beats running into an unplayed family in the park grilling and eating together as a family in the park, it really makes them feel like a real family. Clubs also add a whole new dimension to venues. For example, I have the supporters of FC Windenburg gather at the same pub, play bar games and watch the game. I even managed to make a small band that plays almost every night at The Blue Velvet, it's really nice to see them play when I take my sims parents on a date.

Woah! Awesome! I never thought of making a club that supports a soccer team or a band! Now that I think about it, this is actually a great idea. I agree with everything you said!
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I love this EP! I just made two high society clubs after binge watching some Downton Abbey. I have a mod that lets me make each club be for a specific gender so one is the Gentleman of the Rose, which is an all male club and the other is the Ladies of the Rose which is for women. I made them a hangout which has a tea room outdoors, a sitting parlour indoors for the women, and a lounge area with card tables for the men. Seeing the groups on their own is cool but when they come together and start flirting with one another (since that's a club rule) it just makes the game come alive for me. My romance sim has just found his second girlfriend which I'm going to make his wife once he ages up to being an adult because of this club and EP.
  • Options
    gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    I haven't explored it too much yet, but so far I like GTW more. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy this one too, so far. Windenburg is beautiful, and I love all of the lots. I ADORE all of the CAS and build items! I haven't explored clubs much (one of my child Sims is in League of Adventurers, though). I also love the pre-made Sims living in Windenburg, as well as their stories.
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • Options
    gabrielle wrote: »
    I haven't explored it too much yet, but so far I like GTW more. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy this one too, so far. Windenburg is beautiful, and I love all of the lots. I ADORE all of the CAS and build items! I haven't explored clubs much (one of my child Sims is in League of Adventurers, though). I also love the pre-made Sims living in Windenburg, as well as their stories.

It's perfectly understandable that you like GTW more! Opinions are opinions :)
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I love this EP. After playing with it for a bit, I've settled on using the club system to have a small group of friends do the same activities together so they become friends. They work out, do yoga activities, dance, play video games and play instruments together. I also have a preference to have Summer Holiday and Dina Caliente join the group since they share the Active trait and don't belong to any clubs. I also have my Sim do things to make money that do not require her to be at a job. In my current game, she's a writer and also does gardening. I love the fact she can work or call a club gathering anytime she wants.

The Build/Buy items that came with GT are great for modern or rustic home builds.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I love the EP! & in any new game I start, I always want to live in Windenburg. It's just a beautiful world. I think the club system allows for a lot of game play storytelling. In my current game, my Sim teen just took over as leader of the Renegades. I made it a teen club and created a new teen club that is their rival. It's fun to watch the NPC Sims fight the rival club members or create mischief. It's perfect for my story line as my teen Sim is quite the trouble maker.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yeah. It's definitely better than GTW. I hope they will come up with more awesome EPs in the future. The club system is great as well.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    amyedwards1986amyedwards1986 Posts: 244 Member
    I like it very much. I really like the new activities and the fact you can join several clubs at once or even create yours. The new city, Widenburg is really beautiful to explore too.
    11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Windenburg is the most beautiful world ever made in The Sims series, the cafes resemble more italian espresso bars than that overrated coffee chain (that's a giant plus for me), the new venues are fantastic and as Luth said, I can't even fathom how I played without the club system.

However, the true potential of Get Together can be seen in making clubs for uncontrolled/unplayed sims. Seeing the sims you put in town hanging out together and doing what they're supposed to is absolutely amazing, perfect for storytelling and it adds a whole new lever of immersion in a way that hadn't been possible in the game until now. Nothing beats running into an unplayed family in the park grilling and eating together as a family, it really makes them feel like a real family. Clubs also add a whole new dimension to venues. For example, I have the supporters of FC Windenburg gather at the same pub, play bar games and watch the game. I even managed to make a small band that plays almost every night at The Blue Velvet, it's really nice to see them play when I take my sims parents on a date.

eRiUf4R.jpg

Not to be rude but to point out I see nothing in your pictures you couldn't do with the group system (invite others when traveling) that was already in game. Because even with the EP GT in game you still can't make a group of Sims all sit and stay put and eat together. Not if you have more than the chairs needed. And I see nothing in those pictures (other than a club symbol over heads) that couldn't be done before if taken to particular lots.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited March 2016
    @Cinebar you may want to read my original post again. All these are clubs for uncontrolled sims, which in case you didn't know means that they are all sims I am not actively playing nor controlling. None of the sims in any of the clubs shown above are being directed by me to do any of the desired tasks.

Thanks to the club system I can dictate the behavior of sims I am not playing at the moment to make them do what I want, where I want. For example, if I take my (controlled) sims to Die Mannschaft pub I will see a club gathering of FC Windenburg, entirely made up of unplayed sims (not being controlled by me) hanging out together doing their club approved activities, which in this case consists of playing Tischfußball.

You can make a group of sims sit and eat together. I see that every time I take my to Willow Creek's park. Bottom-left picture in my original post shows the Mustangs, a family club of friendly sims who like to eat and grill. That's another one of my uncontrolled (as in not being actively controlled by me, the simmer) clubs and whenever I see them in a gathering they'll be siting at the same bench and would only leave when they need to grill more food and then they will sit back together.

We may have been able to make our sims guide uncontrolled sims before if they were in the same group controlled by the player. However, Get Together's club is a very powerful system that gives us a very versatile tool to customize the behavior of non-actively-played sims and shape venues to our liking. Thanks to that now one of my lounges has a secret basement that works as a hideout for a criminal gang who plays cards, families not being played by me hang out together doing activities that they enjoy, my teens are harassed by a group of police officers whenever they hang out in the park late at night, I see fit female sims practicing Yoga at the spa instead of freaking Bob Pancakes and The Blue Velvet almost feels like it has a live music act. The best thing of all? They do all of this on their own.
    Post edited by Mightydan on
  • Options
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I love this EP. After playing with it for a bit, I've settled on using the club system to have a small group of friends do the same activities together so they become friends. They work out, do yoga activities, dance, play video games and play instruments together. I also have a preference to have Summer Holiday and Dina Caliente join the group since they share the Active trait and don't belong to any clubs. I also have my Sim do things to make money that do not require her to be at a job. In my current game, she's a writer and also does gardening. I love the fact she can work or call a club gathering anytime she wants.

The Build/Buy items that came with GT are great for modern or rustic home builds.

You actually gave me a brilliant idea. I could make an ''Independent Workers'' club and have everyone in it make money without joining a career.
  • Options
    est1956est1956 Posts: 46 Member
    I like it! CAS is amazing, and the club system is really cool to make your Sims feel involved in a friend group. It's also easier to control Sims by putting them in groups and having "do this together" options. Windenburg is a BEAUT, by the way. I hope more new worlds are as big and beautiful as this one.
    subscribe to my sims youtube pls i'm poor ~ ryan the dreamer
  • Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    Get Together is great. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, and I can understand why. But as an Expansion Pack, it works. It brings new gameplay, new interactions, and a wonderful world. I must admit, at some point, after playing with some clubs, it got boring pretty fast. But after a while, I understood, and I knew exactly how to incorporate Get Together's group system into my way of playing the game.
  • Options
    AcatsimmerAcatsimmer Posts: 57 Member
    I love it! I especially love the new text messages, and how you get texts saying "happy birthday" and "i'm sorry for your loss"! It is amazing, definitely worth the money!
    kcDovEA.png
    Click on the banner above to visit my tumblr, and see the Bennett Legacy and simming on Mac tips!
  • Options
    Acatsimmer wrote: »
    I love it! I especially love the new text messages, and how you get texts saying "happy birthday" and "i'm sorry for your loss"! It is amazing, definitely worth the money!

:O I actually didn't know about those specific texts! I haven't had any losses or birthdays because I'm currently playing with a young adult household that just wants to have fun, so I'm not aging them up right now. Knowing those texts are a thing just make the EP even better in my eyes!
  • Options
    shionnyashionnya Posts: 44 Member
    In my opinion I don't really enjoy that much as you seem to do. Since I saw the trailer, I was like 'meh, don't need it' but eventually I bought the game.
    The game is too focused on clubs and I would also like something a little more like Nightlife in TS2 or Late Night in TS3. I know the idea is different since you can go with your club members anywhere anytime, but all club parties are at night. Also I don't like when its afternoon and a sim calls you and say 'Hey! Tonight there's a X party at Y place! Wanna come?' and when you accept the offer, it's night. What happened to all the hours left to be night!?
    Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things I like about Get Together! Windenburg is beautiful, new objects (cloth and furniture) are cool as well or as @Acatsimmer says I like how they send you messages to your sim's phone. It's just the feeling that this EP lacks of something to make it great to me.
  • Options
    FayAlabriFayAlabri Posts: 5 New Member
    I really loved it. The clothes, clubs, furniture and everything is beautiful in this pack <3
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    @Mightydan Your play style sounds awesome with how you've incorporated GT's features! You've taken expert advantage of the system to its fullest. Very inspiring! B)

I'm very happy with this pack because of the new clubs feature and how you can individualize clubs in so many ways to make them truly unique. You can start/stop them whenever and wherever you are, and get neat rewards from the points. Windenburg adds so many new places to go and to live and it's so beautiful! I love the Sea Monster (of course I always have since Sims 1 days). :p I love the new aesthetics like sheep grazing on the hills, amphibious planes, and baby ducks swimming after their mothers on the ponds and waddling across the roadway! Someone said they saw deer in Windenburg, so I'm still keeping my eye out for those. I too, like the different event invites--I almost always accept them--and the congratulatory calls about friendships/new jobs/promotions, etc. It often will prompt me to have that person over on a whim or go out with them somewhere fun, too. Plus I love the new dances, DJ booths, dart and foosball games, music, clothing, and hairstyles! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    shionnya wrote: »
    In my opinion I don't really enjoy that much as you seem to do. Since I saw the trailer, I was like 'meh, don't need it' but eventually I bought the game.
    The game is too focused on clubs and I would also like something a little more like Nightlife in TS2 or Late Night in TS3. I know the idea is different since you can go with your club members anywhere anytime, but all club parties are at night. Also I don't like when its afternoon and a sim calls you and say 'Hey! Tonight there's a X party at Y place! Wanna come?' and when you accept the offer, it's night. What happened to all the hours left to be night!?
    Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things I like about Get Together! Windenburg is beautiful, new objects (cloth and furniture) are cool as well or as @Acatsimmer says I like how they send you messages to your sim's phone. It's just the feeling that this EP lacks of something to make it great to me.

I actually strongly agree with some of the things you said! I love this expansion pack but that whole party thing should be better. We should be able to accept the invite and then, after those hours we currently just miss when going to a party, it would tell us the party is starting and then we could just go there or risk having our friend be upset that we falsely accepted or something.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I love this expansion. I love the new world Windenburg! I haven't got to the club making yet, but it's coming soon and I think it's gonna be a lot of fun. But man, that scenery in Windenburg is just beautiful!
  • Options
    shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    I think most people don't like this expansion pack as much as they like Get To Work and I have to agree. It's probably one of my least favorite expansions in the history of the game. I just find clubs to be absolutely useless to my game. I don't see any reason why making clubs took priority over some other stuff that people have been begging for. Windenburg is a nice town. I think it's really pretty actually, but it doesn't make up for the fact that clubs are just a stupid idea in general. Not to sound harsh, but that's just how I feel.

Also, I think people expected this expansion to be more like Nightlife/Late Night and be the "social life" expansion pack and it just doesn't live up to those at all.

So overall, I really dislike Get Together, but I do appreciate Windenburg.