Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romantic Interactions Missing

I have 2 Sims who are romantic interests. Their relationship bar is just about maxed out. I got the guy to visit the girl one day, and performed romantic interactions until they became 'extremely irresistible' to each other. I wanted to get the guy to propose going steady, but the option wasn't available under the 'romantic...' menu. I noticed that other interactions were missing as well, such as 'WooHoo', 'Stroke Cheek', and 'Whisper In Ear' (not that I really wanted to perform any of these). The girl proceeded to leap into the guy's arms - another interaction that didn't show up for him.

Neither Sim has the 'Commitment Issues' trait, however, the girl has had a previous romantic interest (no thanks to story progression). This issue may or may not have to do with the fact that I used testingcheats to switch the relationship between the girl and her previous flame back to 'acquaintance', instead of asking to just be friends. Heh heh o:)

Comments

• Options
    ijustlikesimsijustlikesims Posts: 83 Member
    Maybe a restart of the game client might do the trick. If that isnt helpful to you then maybe try resetting your sim.
  • Options
    girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    I don't know if this pertains to you, but I've found whenever my sim is trying to be romantic with a sim who has a certain role (such as paparazzi or future resident) they can't interact further than "compliment appearance" "flirt" "pick up line" (I don't know if this is because of a mod or just a glitch in my game)

I can get woohoo and try for baby to show up, but that's because of a certain mod I have

Anyway, the way I get around this, is I take the sim into Edit in CAS (role sim) and save a copy of him/her to the bin.
    I then use Mastercontroller do a "total annihilation" on the sim. All traces of the sim gets erased from my world.
    Then I go into Edit Town mode and go into CAS. I pick out the sim I saved to the bin from the pre-made sims section. I click done and now he's in my library.
    From the library, I pick him out and place him on a lot.
    Done!

Now, your active sim won't know the "new" sim so you'll have to reintroduce them and make them romantic interests again.

If you have the same problem as me, this should work for you. But if you don't want to use mods... then I don't know. :smile:
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2016
    @girlwhocriedtaylor - Just curious. How is what you have described any better/different in the end than just using MasterController's Add Sim command on the lot where you want to add the Role Sim, thereby making them a full-fledged resident?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    So @igazor, you can click on any house in the game and use MC commands to add a specific sim to that lot? Is that how that works? I have a role sim who would make an awesome fireman (I checked his traits).

Can you tell that's yet another feature of the mods that I have never used!? :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    So @igazor, you can click on any house in the game and use MC commands to add a specific sim to that lot? Is that how that works? I have a role sim who would make an awesome fireman (I checked his traits).

That is exactly what Add Sim does. It's pretty ruthless too, in that the sims are yanked into the target lot as new residents there with no regard for their former household inventory, accumulated wealth, and no chance to sell their former house if they owned one and no one is left behind to live there anymore. But for Role Sims, those in the Service Pool and other such homeless to begin with, those things usually don't matter.

You can also add them to your own household, the active one, that way by clicking on your own lot to start.

It's also an especially efficient and safe way to pull sims into your homeworld who are currently living elsewhere, either the EA provided worlds (WA, Uni, OL) or those your sims may have visited by way of Traveler. On the target lot, NRaas > MC > Add Sim > Homeworld > (filter to the foreign world). This is how I got most of the sims mine met and befriended at Uni to join them in their homeworlds, usually in their own households though, as fellow residents after they all graduated.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    @girlwhocriedtaylor - Just curious. How is what you have described any better/different in the end than just using MasterController's Add Sim command on the lot where you want to add the Role Sim, thereby making them a full-fledged resident?

I tried that a couple days ago. My sim had fallen in love with a paparazzi. I did "Add Sim" and he appeared in the household, but it still didn't help. I don't know what could be causing it. *shrugs*
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    igazor wrote: »

That is exactly what Add Sim does. It's pretty ruthless too, in that the sims are yanked into the target lot as new residents there with no regard for their former household inventory, accumulated wealth, and no chance to sell their former house if they owned one and no one is left behind to live there anymore. But for Role Sims, those in the Service Pool and other such homeless to begin with, those things usually don't matter.

You can also add them to your own household, the active one, that way by clicking on your own lot to start.

It's also an especially efficient and safe way to pull sims into your homeworld who are currently living elsewhere, either the EA provided worlds (WA, Uni, OL) or those your sims may have visited by way of Traveler. On the target lot, NRaas > MC > Add Sim > Homeworld > (filter to the foreign world). This is how I got most of the sims mine met and befriended at Uni to join them in their homeworlds, usually in their own households though, as fellow residents after they all graduated.

Thanks for explaining this feature. I will have to try it out soon!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!