Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

paneinger's builds and things - **new pics** 1/21/17

paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
edited January 2017 in The Sims 3 Builders
I figured I'd start a post to share some of my builds here, when I get bored :)
Post edited by paneinger on

Comments

• Options
    BNS 174 - Thought I'd share all my pictures in a post. Some exterior shots:

Screenshot-364_zpsiuvhngvl.jpg

Screenshot-370_zps055lmcxv.jpg

Screenshot-375_zpspdvuko3a.jpg

Screenshot-362_zpstecbwbs6.jpg

I made a tiny 10x10 modern house for Tess, who is an artist. She makes her living by selling canvas paintings and nectar that she makes from fruit from the local community garden. Her backstory is that she was disowned by her family when she wanted to go to art school instead of medical school, and has lived homeless for a year saving up to build a house. She did quite well, I think. She spent most of her time living in the school of my world - she slept in the nurses office, bathed in the bathrooms, cooked in the culinary classroom, painted in the art classroom, and used the school garden to harvest fruit to turn into nectar. I didn't play for the whole 40 days because I didn't have time, but at the end she had just under 105k saved up, with an additional 100k from a magic genie lamp that she'd found. Plenty to build a nice little home :) She lives alone with Captain Cookies McWaffles, a cute little fox that she made friends with during her year of homelessness. Both of them are enjoying the new home.

The entry is on the second floor, leading to the kitchen/dining/living areas. I love this little house :)
    Screenshot-347_zpswe7rvea9.jpg

Screenshot-399_zpsqqsyk0it.jpg

Screenshot-397_zpstq3xx1mj.jpg

Screenshot-401_zps8lmbfxjk.jpg

Screenshot-345_zpslyfurhm5.jpg

Screenshot-400_zps6kw6bt7o.jpg

Screenshot-396_zpsc9pnjasf.jpg

Screenshot-396_zpsc9pnjasf.jpg

Screenshot-389_zpsfkjnuxrd.jpg

Screenshot-394_zps01hbuohj.jpg

Screenshot-395_zpsv1aiqrbe.jpg

Screenshot-392_zps22xwiagp.jpg

Screenshot-391_zpsjuzbma6p.jpg

Screenshot-393_zpshmo55ijm.jpg

Screenshot-343_zpsjuv0cdxw.jpg

The first floor is Tess' office/studio. She has a nectar rack for her favorite nectar, an easel, seating area, her computer, and a storage closet for canvases. And a bonus full bathroom.
    Screenshot-348_zpsew2ipal8.jpg

Screenshot-381_zpsovxabrno.jpg

Screenshot-380_zpsq7od9ajl.jpg

Screenshot-379_zpstfy5k0li.jpg

Screenshot-383_zpswwgbmhfr.jpg

Screenshot-382_zpshbt225ct.jpg

Screenshot-387_zpsernm8qa9.jpg

Screenshot-384_zpsfrlv6gax.jpg

Screenshot-386_zpsrcsstfoz.jpg

Screenshot-385_zpsqbv1enye.jpg

The basement is mostly unfinished (room for her very own nectar machine one day??), but features a laundry room. Not much too look at - sorry.
    Screenshot-349_zps8rlv4pcm.jpg

Screenshot-388_zpszqu6owuu.jpg

The third floor is the bedroom and bathroom. Tess also has a small closet tucked into one corner, plus a tiny balcony, and a seating area to relax.
    Screenshot-350_zpsl2rt4vjh.jpg

Screenshot-404_zps5afzur6x.jpg

Screenshot-410_zpsev53muao.jpg

Screenshot-408_zps3kvwflhl.jpg

Screenshot-409_zpsp2dxfy6q.jpg

Screenshot-405_zpszaxuvwwb.jpg
    Tess may have found another friend, in addition to Captain Cookie ;)

Screenshot-407_zpsullxgq8j.jpg

Screenshot-406_zpsbodgxxjd.jpg

Screenshot-378_zpsjypiqdgs.jpg

Screenshot-376_zpsbpbnky2b.jpg

Screenshot-377_zps58ldptns.jpg

The top floor is a rooftop balcony to relax at the end of the day. There's a seating area with a firepit, another easel, and a sauna
    Screenshot-351_zpshrefdo2u.jpg

Screenshot-358_zpse5xovoae.jpg

Screenshot-357_zpsq27kf9pf.jpg

Screenshot-355_zpsunojzwwv.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,607 Member
    The home is very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the building! The windows in the build are great for sims to enjoy looking out at the outdoors views whilst indoors. The greenery looks nice on the exterior and the wall texture looks nice. Very nice rooftop patio! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seating there enjoying the outdoors air or enjoying painting on the easel there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The layout of the levels of the home look look very nice. The floral patterned floor rugs looks very pretty and add a nice feel to the room areas. Very nice sofa seat sitting area for sims to enjoy resting there watching tv or reading a book from the bookcase. Very nice design of the kitchen! Sims will enjoy having the sunlight coming in through the kitchen windows whilst preparing meals. The fridge nook looks great! The cabinets look nice how they are placed around the fridge. The office and studio level is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the laptop or enjoy painting on the easel. It is great that there is a storage closet nook for canvases.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    OmpabopOmpabop Posts: 168 Member
    I love your bookcases! Nice detailing with pillows, clothes hanging around, etc.
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Very cool build. I really like how boldly you use patterns and colours. Well done :smiley:
  • Options
    Thanks guys :3
  • Options
    Been working on some random community lots lately. Not that they're usable or anything, just so much prettier than rabbit holes and will make the neighborhood's community lots look more cohesive (yanno, as soon as I can afford a new pc to finish building world..) Anywhos! I built a hospital lot. Its mostly a shell, but does have a lobby, elevators/triage, three hospital rooms, nurse's station, lab and prep area, and procedure room. And the basement holds an actual hospital rabbit hole to make it functional, plus a diner (cafeteria) and grocery store (giftshop). And a helicopter landing area on the roof, for imaginary helicopters. There's plenty of room for additional hospital rooms, offices, and other goodies because its a really good sized building, but I'm lazy and there's not much point in filling the entire building. Still a WIP, but I like it so far.

Screenshot-441_zpswpgz1scs.jpg

Screenshot-440_zpsbguo0ufy.jpg

Screenshot-442_zpsml38asca.jpg

Screenshot-443_zpsc4eq2gaz.jpg

Screenshot-438_zpsva80uxhs.jpg

Screenshot-433_zpsx8s8jnad.jpg

Screenshot-432_zpszotdk7xi.jpg

Screenshot-430_zpswj5hrtjn.jpg

Screenshot-431_zpstc3fhyxa.jpg

Screenshot-429_zpsqy3qq75f.jpg

Screenshot-420_zpsqhtlxmcj.jpg

Screenshot-413_zpskpsskkcb.jpg

Screenshot-412_zpsr5yqdhw9.jpg

Screenshot-415_zps8pfgorzf.jpg

Screenshot-414_zpspjuxiduy.jpg

Screenshot-416_zpseazpjgoo.jpg

Screenshot-417_zps81qefiwb.jpg

Screenshot-423_zpsacgg6ilr.jpg

Screenshot-425_zpsx9omrrvr.jpg

Screenshot-424_zpscfefxfud.jpg

Screenshot-426_zpslao004id.jpg

Screenshot-427_zpszzoevco4.jpg

Screenshot-436_zpsmwdqtxc6.jpg
    And of course, what you would see in any real hospital. A pregnant woman doing a cardio workout next to the hospital beds :/
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    The Hospital looks very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the building! The flowers and water fountain areas in the front area of the build looks so very pretty! The inteconnecting circles water feature looks so nice! The red flowers are pretty! Very nice interior areas of the build. The green colour of the walls looks nice. The nurses stations look great!
    It is a very nice hospital! :)
  • Options
    Screenshot-422_zps6qpyoaml.jpg
    First floor: an open kitchen/living/office area with large glass garage doors opening up to the deck outside and dining area. I pretty much left the doors open all the time while playing with the family because it offered such gorgeous views of the outside and made it seem like one open space. There's also a patio with seating and a fireplace, leading down to a lower deck that's just above the water.

Screenshot-419_zpsnirhbeom.jpg
    Second floor: master bedroom, bathroom, and spa-like deck. So much relaxing.

Screenshot-421_zpsomicq97a.jpg
    This floor is pretty much empty. I have no plans for it, other than maybe putting in a few single beds and a crib or two so there will be room for a family whenever my game populates itself. And it makes the architecture look prettier :)

Screenshot-424_zpszfhspiiw.jpg

Screenshot-425_zpsgnofx11p.jpg

Screenshot-429_zpsuqigg8f4.jpg

Screenshot-426_zpsalofgzz4.jpg

Screenshot-427_zpsnzjpszt7.jpg

Screenshot-428_zpsezpxtzxu.jpg

Screenshot-431_zpsvoxljkog.jpg

Screenshot-432_zpsauauhwuo.jpg

Screenshot-430_zpsz8gfdzu5.jpg

Screenshot-433_zpsmmyse39z.jpg

Screenshot-435_zpsoqhbyito.jpg
    I know this one looks a little bit empty, but the string hanging between posts? A clothesline for drying their clothes so they can be more eco-friendly :)

Screenshot-437_zpsaq0jfh58.jpg

Screenshot-436_zpsp8qemnmp.jpg

Screenshot-438_zpsgice49zm.jpg
    On the second floor, the hallway going to the master bedroom.

Screenshot-440_zpsnnzhpke5.jpg

Screenshot-443_zpsag34wdxi.jpg

Screenshot-442_zps8m4ve3ew.jpg

Screenshot-416_zpskzgl0fez.jpg

Screenshot-441_zpsa3i7yjx1.jpg

Screenshot-439_zpssm784ifu.jpg

Screenshot-448_zpszqt6fs6g.jpg

Screenshot-449_zpsdnxelzjp.jpg

Screenshot-453_zpsfpljeqv2.jpg
    I love this bathroom so much :)

Screenshot-450_zpscr5lbo3g.jpg

Screenshot-456_zpsmglh6flq.jpg

Screenshot-451_zpstpgrwjvq.jpg

Screenshot-445_zpsadwkwury.jpg
    Seriously, if this isn't the most awesome bathroom ever..

Screenshot-444_zpsehw5e6fh.jpg

Screenshot-447_zps8gfo5khs.jpg

Screenshot-418_zpsviho6mvv.jpg

Screenshot-417_zpsapnfojwq.jpg

Screenshot-414_zpsy7y1busj.jpg
    One slight oversight...but really, who gets that much snow at the beach?

This was originally going to be for the challenge, but I didn't have time to complete it. I really started to love the lot though (and I've decided ti make a modern street in my neighborhood and this fits) so I kept it and revamped it without the pesky budget. It's not finished yet, but mostly done and I really love it.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I built this lot for a challenge. The premise was that the sim, Dorian Velvet, is a "Gemini who is working toward rock stardom. He is artistic, brooding, dramatic, rebellious, and quite the virtuoso. He loves sushi, Dark Wave music, and the color black." I'm a bit of a roadie and a huge rock/punk/folk music fan myself, so naturally I picked him. I tried to make the ultimate bachelor pad for an artist who is away a lot, but needs a nice place to come home to write and practice, without making it look like a giant teenage punk's room. Its clean, sharp and modern/cozy with everything he could need. Plenty of stuff to drink around, and on most surfaces you'll find an (empty?) bottle, lots of books for poetic inspiration, several ipods and a huge stereo, and some musical instruments. The decor is a little bit geeky from old Nintendo bits that he played as a kid. There's room for entertaining, so he can come back from gigs and bring other musicians with him to collaborate and party a little bit more in style. I decorated in black and shades of grey, with raw wood and leather, and accents like old, well-loved oriental rugs and bohemian styles. The landscaping is a little bit sparse, to cope with the fact that he's not home enough to really play in the garden and he needs something that can essentially live on its own.

I also gave him a dog, Daisy, because dogs are really the only thing that make me as happy as good music does and I imagine he'd feel the same ;)

I hope you like it!

Screenshot-458_zpsfrvmyjiy.jpg
    Ground floor: living/dining/kitchen area, "formal" dining room on an indoor/outdoor patio (with a bar!), bathroom, and master bedroom

Screenshot-459_zpsendvh2gu.jpg
    Second floor: extra bedroom/office space, tiny closet, and storage area

Screenshot-460_zpss8hj0vv4.jpg
    And the roof. How exciting.

Screenshot-491_zpsmkj82nq8.jpg
    Kitchen view

Screenshot-495_zpsm8lx9fsd.jpg
    Kitchen view from the living area

Screenshot-493_zpsh4rwyk3i.jpg

Screenshot-486_zpsbwblqcyb.jpg
    A view from the doors going out to the dining patio

Screenshot-497_zpsnrlm24qw.jpg
    The living area is kinda tiny so there's only so many angles to get pictures from.

c83d3d5d-0c52-45fd-a06d-9cb028bf70ae_zps3hlihsml.jpg
    Required items: stereo and one of his guitars under the stairs (slight edit on the artwork under the stairs to make it sims-appropriate)

Screenshot-494_zpsg1qg358m.jpg

Screenshot-492_zpsd5ewdxzt.jpg

Screenshot-487_zps8wxp6rwr.jpg

Screenshot-488_zps4dogjtx5.jpg

Screenshot-489_zps0p2uehll.jpg
    The breakfast of champions - coffee, protein, and alcohol ;)

Screenshot-480_zps4bcnoyna.jpg
    Dining patio and (functional!) bar

Screenshot-485_zps0zto92hr.jpg

Screenshot-482_zpspmgsfnxh.jpg

Screenshot-484_zpsrpicqnow.jpg

• Options
    The two homes are very nice! :) Very nice furnishing of each of the rooms and areas of the homes! The layout of the interior of the homes look very nice!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Screenshot-476_zpspxqsinop.jpg
    The bedroom is pretty simple. The bed sits on a platform that juts out over the fountain and overlooks the yard. On one side, there's a seating area with a fireplace and Daisy's bed. On the other side, there's a piano, guitar, and a few successful albums.

Screenshot-479_zpsvkrnknym.jpg
    The nighttime view from the bed

Screenshot-478_zpso9rxysuy.jpg

Screenshot-475_zpsbrkzqizd.jpg

Screenshot-464_zpsvqptx10y.jpg

Screenshot-462_zpst2zsg024.jpg
    Yard view :)

Screenshot-507_zpsswmxocqy.jpg
    The bathroom is a bit sparse because, well, its for a guy who lives alone and is on tour a lot. He doesn't need very much.

Screenshot-510_zpshdq4leg1.jpg

Screenshot-512_zpswmaodhba.jpg

Screenshot-526_zpsrzpjqx6t.jpg

Screenshot-468_zpsjwjytjhx.jpg
    Upstairs is a loft-style extra bedroom, his office space, closet, and a storage room.

Screenshot-502_zpssbntlqva.jpg

Screenshot-501_zpskkkdksco.jpg

Screenshot-498_zpsfmc1btel.jpg

Screenshot-505_zpstestqnsa.jpg
    So, the storage room might seem a bit random and like a waste of space that went underfurnished. I promise it's not. As a budding artist who doesn't have a lot of help on the road, Dorian is in charge of his own merch and this room is for storage when he's home and for last tour's merch. Boxes of tshirts, hoodies, posters, LPs, and everything else comes in here to be filed away.

Screenshot-503_zps1zyfpzox.jpg

Screenshot-515_zpsnbxvfpix.jpg

Screenshot-525_zpsrppnoxnp.jpg
    Entrance

Screenshot-516_zpsiiq2vr0h.jpg
    Side view/carport

Screenshot-517_zpsh3nyz3re.jpg

Screenshot-518_zps86nara6b.jpg
    The backyard by the bedroom

Screenshot-519_zpsg635xa0r.jpg

Screenshot-520_zpsbjmc6fab.jpg

Screenshot-521_zpsnm2iixxc.jpg

Screenshot-523_zpsv4raqo6g.jpg
  • Options
    AzuraDawnAzuraDawn Posts: 2 New Member
    Your houses are amazing! I especially love the artist's home - it looks like something you'd see on Pinterest! Have you considered doing builds/furnishings on Youtube? I think a lot of people would be interested in learning from you. I personally struggle with making my houses look real/lived-in and I've heard the same from a lot of others here. You're incredibly good at making these houses look like places real people would live!
  • Options
    Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    Your builds are beautiful! I agree with the person above me, doing a builds/furnish video on YouTube would be awesome! Are these builds on the gallery?
  • Options
    Thanks for the compliments! I know its a few months later, but I'm just now seeing them :o I dunno about the youtube thing - my builds tend to be really different from most build videos. Half of it would just be placing clutter and then deleting it and placing it again lol
  • Options
    I've been playing the Sims 3 for a while. Like, years. And tonight was the first time I've ever encountered a meteor....not fun and it did way more damage than I would have thought. I've been working on a new house for a while and its coming together. But in between building and decorating, I'm also trying to cultivate a perfect garden with every plantable in *perfect* condition. I just finished that part and made a gorgeous little garden/shed off the kitchen with every plant in a neat little arrangement and all the good stuff. And then this happens...

Screenshot-538_zps5uj29l7n.jpg

Screenshot-540_zps8smxmgtz.jpg
    You can actually see all the tiny explosions as the plants each burst into flames

Screenshot-541_zpsf7p9payr.jpg
    The aftermath, with a little portion of the garden still standing.

Screenshot-543_zps9stzdpop.jpg
    Luckily, my sim had just harvested a death flower and was able to trade that to Grimmy and avoid being a meteor-pancake.

Screenshot-542_zpstblzx7hk.jpg
    I didn't realize the explosion would get everything inside too. Kudos to EA for realism :D The kitchen was singed and some stuff completely gone. Everything in the laundry room nearby was gone. The mudroom/pantry was singed and damaged. Even one side of the living room was ruined. I managed to fix all the soot with the restoration ritual, but I still need to buy all the appliances again, and upgrade them again. And start over with the garden - I had spare perfect seeds in a chest-object in the kitchen and that was destroyed too.

I think I'm just gonna move them into a version of their house from the bin. Luckily I saved a new copy earlier today, just in case ;)

And this is after last time when I was playtesting a new lot and it caught fire and killed the family..My sims need a good luck charm!
    Screenshot-531_zpsdhgivqe6.jpg

• Options
    Hello
    I am so sorry that you had the meteor! :( It caused a lot of damage to your home and garden! I am sorry that it affected your perfect quality garden that you were creating. It would have given you such a big surprise when it happened! Thankyou posting the pictures showing the effects of the meteor on your bulld. It was not good that also previously you had a fire when play testing another lot!
  • Options
    vnscecilevnscecile Posts: 60 Member
    When bad luck strikes!
    I had never seen that in the sims 3!
  • Options
    It was really cool at first and I was excited, like "ooh, new game feature!!" and then I was less excited as things kept exploding. And then even less excited when I saw that it destroyed part of the house - naturally, the only rooms that I'd had almost fully furnished. Wasn't even too worried about the one sim dying from it...But no worries! I just pulled the other house from the bin and moved them in and its been smooth sailing since :dizzy:
  • Options
    Back to my unlucky little house...I thought I'd share some pictures as I'm building it. The idea actually came from HGTV and I decided to go with it. They had one show that featured a woman who went back and bought her grandmother's old house from her childhood and then completely renovated it, keeping all of the memories and old charm outside, and building a modern and beautiful inside. So mine is a craftsman style home that I envisioned my sim, Meara, completely renovating. It's also the closest thing to a traditional house that I've ever build, meaning that it has a designated kitchen, dining, living room, and office - not just one giant open floor plan. I really kinda like it so far :wink:

The kitchen is my favorite room to decorate, so I did it first. It's a big huge for an older house, but Meara is a natural chef so I figured she would appreciate a large open space with all the gadgets. I haven't settled on a wall color yet - and I kinda hate the way it is now - but I just made the walls match the brick going over the windows so it would look uniform until I figured it out.

Screenshot-554_zpsju0p9x3f.jpg

Screenshot-556_zpsync6hj41.jpg
    There's an herb garden over the sink, plus the dishwasher and drying rack.

Screenshot-557_zpspvxmhuj2.jpg
    I really like how I managed to fit the shelves going up the wall between the arches. That little detail made me happy, haha. I stacked spices on top and coffee cups hanging underneath, near the coffee maker.

Screenshot-558_zpsuemkfadw.jpg
    The stove and ovens, with a few decor items

Screenshot-559_zpsr2kvpkrs.jpg
    A closer view of the stove area and goodies surrounding it

Screenshot-560_zpsgoyjp1nh.jpg
    The fridge with the best parts of any kitchen - wine, coffee, and tea :)

Screenshot-561_zpsdkkddlay.jpg
    Looking toward the dining room

Screenshot-562_zps0npxzwem.jpg
    Buffet/serving nook next to the dining room

My super-fancy dining room that I love. I really love all the little details in here. There's crownmolding throughout, the arch and windows into the kitchen, and built-in china cabinets on one side, and old fashioned craftsman fireplace and cabinets on the other. Plus the fancy lighting and table settings (the table settings actually don't interfere with the sims being able to use the table, so yay)

Screenshot-568_zpsapycmwnw.jpg

Screenshot-563_zpszaqhiioe.jpg

Screenshot-564_zpsrmk7bpxr.jpg

Screenshot-566_zpssu9okoej.jpg

Screenshot-565_zpszhclz54u.jpg

Screenshot-548_zps3mv0leh7.jpg
    And of course, a werewolf doing his best to demo my fancy dining room...

The front bathroom is a tiny little room off the foyer. I went with darker colors than what I usually use, but I like it. I think it fits the theme of the house. Presumably the family doesn't care that the windows facing the street >.>
    Screenshot-570_zpsrmjf14tm.jpg

Screenshot-571_zpsxvserdmj.jpg

Screenshot-573_zpsxhrevdfs.jpg

More to come as I keep working on it :)
  • Options
    The kitchen, dining and bath rooms look so very nice! :) Very nice furnishing of the each of the rooms! The decor items and the placement of them looks so very nice! The arches area in the kitchen looks so nice! The herb garden is a nice touch above the sink.
    The type of dining seats and circular table in the dining room looks so very nice! The wall of books is a nice touch.
    The rooms look so very great! :)
  • Options
    Thanks Rose <3
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Gorgeous stuff @paneinger - love all the well thought out details. Beautiful CC too, wish I could work up the courage to download some! Can't wait to see more pictures.
  • Options
    I love my little side garden :) One of everything at perfect quality, although I'm missing the cheese/egg/steak plants. Working on those, but I'll have to wait until spring in my game to plant them lol

Screenshot-553_zpsd0bjdtcp.jpg
    The door goes inside to the mudroom/pantry off the kitchen. Pretend those little hanging planters have handy herbs in them for easy picking

Screenshot-549_zpsaszicsmg.jpg

Screenshot-552_zpsb4smxeqk.jpg
    The garden shed. Here's the washer and dryer (couldn't find a good place for it inside...) and an old sink. And the little loft with hay? Not only does it look like a handy gardening thingy, but it functions as a bunk bed. One of my favorite cc items, hands down. There's also an all-in-one bathroom tucked in the corner. Basically, I could lock my sim in the garden and she'd have food, a bathroom, a bed, and laundry facilities. Maybe I don't need the rest of the house after all ;)

Screenshot-550_zps4f2dd2dh.jpg

Screenshot-551_zpskigahhvi.jpg

Screenshot-575_zpsqlcvpss0.jpg
    And finally, while playing, I caught everyone watching tv together. Awww
  • Options
    aricarai wrote: »
    Gorgeous stuff @paneinger - love all the well thought out details. Beautiful CC too, wish I could work up the courage to download some! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Thanks @aricarai - that's a good compliment coming from you!
  • Options
    The side garden looks very nice! :) The plants and the trees look very great how they are placed there! The Autumn trees look very nice! The design of the garden shed looks great! The bunk bed hay loft is a very nice touch there. It is great that the washing machine and dryer are there. The living room is very nice. The bookcases look nice placed either sides of the tv and fireplace . It is a very nice place for sims to enjoy sitting resting in front of the fire watching tv.
    Your WIP is looking very nice :)