Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kids Club=Deliquents?

Seriously, it's 1:45 Tuesday afternoon and I have my main sim, a YA female who is not married and has no children, at Desert Bloom.

Why are the kids from League of Adventurers having a club gathering there? Shouldn't they be in school until after 3?

I think a timer or filter needs some attention.

Comments

• Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    Did you edit the club because that is not their normal meeting place? Also, club gatherings ignore work/school by design of NPCs.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Did you edit the club because that is not their normal meeting place? Also, club gatherings ignore work/school by design of NPCs.

Did I edit the club, yes, because according to EA, I'm supposed to rule this game, and I want them meeting at Desert Bloom. Hare Square is boring. I edited ALL my clubs in one way or another. I *am* allowed to do that, am I not?

(Although I have a sim I changed traits on, the main sim I'm playing, before adding her to this game, and she's started getting whims from the romantic trait now that she doesn't have anymore, so, yeah. I rule. Sure.) Nodding & smiling... on the outside. My inner skeptic is having a fit.

"Snark" directed towards EA, not you, @SweetieTreats :) I appreciate the reply, because obviously I have more to say on this, I just didn't realize it. I hope you aren't sorry you gave me (back) the platform. LOL!!

IMO edits to a kids club should not break the "school day" filters/timers/smokesignals that should be going up, to keep the little brats off at school from 8-3 where they belong. KIDS clubs should not spring up randomly during school hours. Ever. I wasn't playing any of them.

If ignoring work/school times is intended by clubs, IMO that needs to be reworked and changed to act more like it really needs to.

Hopefully WHEN they fix this, that will also take care of the still-not-fixed "kids in bars" issue. Probably all related. And I have club members ditch out sometimes to go to work, so it's at least PARTLY working already. They should do that, I can't imagine calling my job and saying, sorry, I can't come to work right now, I'm in a club meeting.

Same for school. Truancy officer, anybody? C'mon!

My luck it's ONE little thing needing tweaked. Probably the one hidden behind something else, too. LOL!

BTW, (sort of related, maybe) I moved Elsa B (kids club owner), OFF the WB island to the mainland, and she actually shows up at meetings now. I've seen that mentioned, and I've seen her NOT show, when she lives in her usual house, so I wanted to add that. :)

Something seems a little squirrelly with HER pathing (from original home > "mainland" visits), but I'm not sure if it would affect anybody else living in that section, mine's uninhabited right now.

It could be a sim thing, a location "island" thing, an age level thing... I don't know. I just know she's around more, now that she doesn't live on the island. Probably a YMMV thing, I do mod my game.

This "club timers" thing is apparently bothering me more than I thought. Two days later and I *still* have plenty to say about it! :D
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    @egwarhammer I was asking if you edited the clubs to see if you had a bug in your game. No need for the bad attitude.

The issue with the traits you are experiencing is a reported bug. http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Changed-Trait-Wrong-Emotion/m-p/3477285#U3477285

They stated before release clubs would not adhere to work/school hours. Many players like myself like this because we can have club gatherings when we want. We don't want this fixed.

About the children and teens in bars, the devs said the bars were more akin to family style bars rather than seedy ones.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello.
    There is an issue that simmers have been posting that sims are unable to join gatherings if they have taken vacation days and it is during their normal working /school hours or if they leave work early.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-GT-Sims-Can-t-Join-Club-Gathering-During-Work-Hours/m-p/5021350#M18611
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @egwarhammer I was asking if you edited the clubs to see if you had a bug in your game. No need for the bad attitude.

The issue with the traits you are experiencing is a reported bug. http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Changed-Trait-Wrong-Emotion/m-p/3477285#U3477285

They stated before release clubs would not adhere to work/school hours. Many players like myself like this because we can have club gatherings when we want. We don't want this fixed.

About the children and teens in bars, the devs said the bars were more akin to family style bars rather than seedy ones.

Thanks! I seriously wasn't MAD, just irritated. At EA.

I did miss the "work/school immunity" statement, so, thanks for sharing that. Good to know, something not to worry about as much.

But the bars thing? I work in retail, and part of what I do is sell alcohol (and cigarettes, etc etc, it's a store) across the counter. There's a bar right down the street. We *all* have it drilled into us at length how it's illegal to sell to kids. Also, in my state it's illegal for kids to enter (most) establishments that sell alcohol.

The cafes *might* squeak by (probably, I could see that...), but, The Rattlesnake Bar and Patchy's Place should NOT be visited by kids. I'd go so far as to throw lounges and nightclubs in on that verboten list, too.

Alexander Goth shouldn't be wandering into any of those places after 9pm, and yet I've seen him in several. Olivia Lewis too, when I haven't deleted her. >:)

It's a little too unreal for me. If it doesn't bother anybody else, that's fine. But it bugs me.

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello.
    If you are having problems with many kids visiting the bars in your game, you may like to post your experiences on this AHQ EA thread.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-All-bar-venues-are-full-of-children-and-teens/m-p/4211216#M7270
    The issue in the thread though may not be related to what is happening in your game.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Just wanted to chime in here. I personally do not want any fixes that limit where kids can go - the game is already so limiting. Sometimes we want to play delinquent kids. The bars are not like "real" bars - kids cannot even get drinks that I know of - not even rootbeer floats :(
    Granted, I grew up in a different time, but my parents took me to bars many times as a child and I do not think I am damaged from it - I do not even drink! I do not think any Sims will be permanenty damaged either!
    I seem to see a lot of posts of wanting "fixes" for things that don't need fixing and seem silly to me. Like - OMG - Sims can be nude! They are like barbie dolls and there is a blur! So many of you must have never played Sims 2 (so much better emotions and interactions to me).
    It is like we cannot have anything even remotely humorous in the game anymore if it is a little "inappropriate" - sigh.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    The club thing sucks apparently, if the club is NPC controlled they ignore school hours/ however if you got active members in the club and you start a club gathering close to the school day they go to school around the time all of them do, this really annoys me. This happens with both Teenagers and kids.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Sims 4 is made to be wierd thats what makes it so fun.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    icecoldfairyicecoldfairy Posts: 50 Member
    With the addition of Get Together, when I'm playing a child at school I often get calls from other kids asking to ditch and hang out somewhere. I guess this is what children's clubs do too. Little delinquents haha.
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Don't mind that kids are in bars. Thy can't drink, and usually just play pub games. If it bothers you make a bunch of adult clubs that visit bars to limit amount of kids visiting.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever