Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hi KaytayRoall - These are my gifts to you!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    Today must be my day. I aced my physics test, had my professor tell me how much he enjoys having me in his class (so much he tried to convince me I should become a physics teacher myself) and then I come home to find yet another incredible gift for my game! :D

Maple Tree Homestead is so wonderful and suits the Mills family perfectly. <3 All the outdoors spaces are wonderful, the stove on the porch, the little playground, the greenhouse and the open stable. I love that you included the chickens, too! The big kitchen is great and I can't wait to play around with the baker's oven and canning station. I've owned them for a long time, but hardly used them. The living room is so cozy, but with plenty of seating for guests or extended family. And I like that there is room to expand! I can't wait to get it in game and explore it completely. Hmmm. To start over with the Mills or try to earn enough money to move them into this...? Probably both eventually. :D

I've had a hectic week, so I haven't had much time to play the last few days. And it will probably be a couple more before I have time again, but my game is somewhat farther along. They are doing better in terms of money after selling a horse and winning more races and competitions. They built a cottage so they don't have to live in the hay loft anymore, but it's still small and basic. With the apartment above the barn available, Emma decided to rent it out to someone in exchange for their help keeping up with all the farm chores. So Nicholas Riverhawk, a HS townie, moved in with them. He takes care of the garden mostly and helps with some of the other chores, but isn't much of a rider so that still falls to Emma to train and ride the horses. Emma's relationship with Nicholas has become something a bit more, though, since they have so much in common. Emma hasn't told Joy yet, because she doesn't know what her daughter will think, but she can't put it off much longer. After hitting his adult birthday, Nicholas proposed because he wants to settle down and Emma said yes. As for Joy, she is a teen now and very independent. Emma spent a day teaching her how to ride and now Joy will go off on rides on her own sometimes. She usually goes over to friends' houses after school to work on homework together and hang out. Brent, the boy I mentioned previously (who is, by the way, an aged up version of one of @friendsfan367 's gifts to me last exchange), is still her best friend, but it was Star Shue, a HS townie, whom Joy asked to prom.

I think that's most of it. I know some of it doesn't mean much in terms of actual game mechanics, but this is the sort of story that I tell in my head while I'm playing. Anyway, I love the Mills, the training grounds (which Emma uses frequently), the park and now the home you've made for me so much. <3 Thank you, thank you, thank you.

PS. I think I might have declined friend requests from you a couple times because I didn't recognize your name over on the sims 3 site, but I finally figured it out and accepted. Sorry, I'm a little dense sometimes!

Hi @KaytayRoall :) I'm so sorry for my late response. First of all, congrats on the physics test! I always found that a very difficult school subject to understand!

I'm so glad to read you like Maple Tree Homestead as well as the others gifts! You're so welcome for all of them :heart: It was a special project for me that I had never done before, and I had a lot of fun making these gifts for you. :blush: I've also owned the baker's oven and canning station for some time now and didn't play much with it yet. But I thought it would be fun to incorporate this into the kitchen. In my game Emma already made some delicious pies and Joy didn't mind tasting them :wink:

How lovely that Emma found herself a sweet man that proposed to her! I'm sure they will have a wonderful future together and I think Joy will too! So sweet that Brent is a dear friend and that she was asked to the prom by Star Shue :blush: And please don't say your story doesn't mean that much in terms of actual game mechanics. I loved reading every part of it! :heart: It's really nice that you tell stories while playing and I think that adds a lot of fun to your game. Like I said before, if you ever feel like sharing more, I would love to read it!

And it's ok that you didn't recognize me immediately on the Sims 3 website. I use a different name there, which is really confusing sometimes. Guess I should have payed more attention to that when I joined the forum lol :wink:

I hope you have a wonderful day or evening, depending on where you live! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    Okblondee7 wrote: »
    @Martje89. I am so impressed! I hope you don't mind that I helped myself to your beautiful family. :)

@Okblondee7 Aww thanks sweetie :heart: I don't mind at all and I hope you have a lot of fun with the Mills family!
  • Options
    Amazing creations @Martje89! The Mills are a lovely household, and their home is gorgeous! I also love Rosewood Gardens and your rebuild of the Equestrian Regional Training Grounds <3

Thank you @MariTomKaulitZ :kissing_heart: I had so much fun working on all of these gifts, so it's great to read others like them as well :blush:
  • Options
    I'm thinking I might have already commented on Rosewood Gardens, but just in case I didn't, it looks wonderful! I especially like the little pond area. And Maple Tree Homestead looks fabulous! It's kinda perfect for AP. And I love the stable and greenhouse! A little something for everyone. :smiley:

Haha that's ok @Bookworm742 :blush: Thank you so much for the sweet compliments. :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited March 2016
    Aww <3 You are so sweet, @Martje89!

A lot has happened since my last post. Nicholas and Emma got married. I even took a picture! It's no the best. It was during winter, so even though an outdoor wedding would have been perfect, instead they had a private ceremony at the park.

Screenshot-740.jpg

Joy was there, although she didn't make it in the picture. Nicholas and Emma went on a honeymoon to France. While they were away, Granny Shue passed away and Star ran away before she could be sent back to the orphanage. She started living in the hay loft apartment, and stayed there in secret for a while, but even once Emma and Nicholas found out she had been hiding there, they welcomed her with open arms. Emma and Nicholas had two sons, Bernard and Leon. So it was actually a very good thing Star and Joy were around to keep up the farm chores while they were busy parenting. After that, things got quiet for a while (I'm terrible at managing really big families). Joy and Star both became young adults. Joy is a great horsewoman in her own right, following in her mom's footsteps. Hope has had several foals, not to mention her competition achievements when she isn't pregnant. When Nicholas aged up to elder, I decided it was time for a change (did I mention I'm bad with big families?). He and Emma retired, along with Hope, decided to retire and leave the farm to the next generation. But before they left, Star, an aspiring alchemist, mixed them up a batch of elixirs: 2 fountain of youth, 2 blessing of fae and 1 procreation. Hope also had enough points to buy a young again potion for herself. So their "retirement" is more of a second chance at life.

Oh, before they left, they got to see Joy and Star married. This time at home, because I was in a hurry to do that before Emma and Nicholas left and again inside because it was winter... again.

Screenshot-765.jpg

Bernard, Emma's older son is a teenager now, about to go to prom with his turned-real IF, Ranna. Leon, the younger son, is still a child. Bernard will probably move out pretty soon after becoming YA. And once Leon is old enough to take care of himself, Joy and Star will probably move, too. Star wants to pursue a career in politics, while Joy wants to adopt a unicorn and one never seems to show up in Hidden Springs (or maybe this save is just a little bugged, I don't know). I don't know where I'll be going from there. I know I've had enough of having a full household for a while. I might follow Emma and Nicholas in their "retirement" or Star and Joy, wherever they end up going. Or maybe I'll continue with Leon and one of Hope's foals.

I usually don't have the best attention span, so it has been really wonderful to play this family for so long. I'm so fond of them all, it's hard to split them up, even though the full household was driving me bonkers. I know I've said it before, but thank you so much for giving me hours and hours of fun with these beautiful creations! <3