Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling ArretStrife...Calling ArretStrife...look inside for a Surprise!

cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
edited February 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hi ArretStrife, I know...I know I'm not your buddy but I'm gifting you on behalf of your buddy,SjappielovePaul (hopefully she don't mind me revealing her to you, if so sorry :blush: ) as some things were sprung on her and she wasn't sure if she'd get something done in time so asked Tanu and I for help...I only had to read your letter once, for my head became full of ideas for you. I know I should probably wait for your buddy to annouce herself but I'm having a desktop issue were all my sims stuff is and before I did anything I wanted to make sure you had your gifts.

In your letter you made mentioned of wanting some sims and lots based on Sims 1...Now re-creating sims and lots excatly like Sims 1 is a bit diffcult but how about sims and lots from Sims 1 with a Sims 3 twist? Perfect right? I hope so :D ...

I present your first gift...

Apothacarey Todd the III -Todd's family have been Apothacarey's for three generations ever since his grandfather Apothacarey Todd started his small business in Magic Town. Now every witch an wizard flock to the family for indigrendients to make that perfect potion. It was no surprise to the family when Todd's father, Todd the II, married a witch. Todd the III is now the last of his family and growing old by the day will he find that special someone and start a family before his time is up?

33eucsg.jpg

If you played Sims 1 Apothacarey Todd might be familiar as he was always found in Magic Town with his wagon of goods for your magic needs. I decided since I couldn't make an excat replica why not make a descendant based on the info I could find :D !

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Gift 2 is another Sim and she might also seem familiar, She was also found amongest the Magic Town NPC's within Sims 1 and had her own wares for magical needs.

Vicki Vampress -When Vicki claimed her indenpendance from her family she fled her childhome with nothing save a few simoleon's. After getting with a few men and seeing how they'll spoil her just cause they like her Vicki now picks the men she dates very carefully. They just can't resist her charm and the gift of immortatilly that she has.

2cczlj.jpg
    Post edited by cmbaker16 on
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Gift 3 is another sim as I just had alot of fun making descandants of Sims 1 sims..The last of the Sims I made is...

Faeire Queen Mara - Mara was named after her grandma who was a beloved queen by not only faeires but also humans. Mara is now conflicted about her duties as she's not sure she can live up to her grandmother and the fact that the people no longer trust the family because her mother ran away from her duties to be with the one she loved. will Mara be a dutiful queen like her grandmother or run away from the duties like her mother?

4iybzs.jpg

Another NPC sim found within Magic Town, she was actually the first fairy in a Sim game even though she wasn't playable she had her own cart of flowers and things that sims could use for their magical needs as well.

I hope you enjoy these 3 sims in your game and they bring you lots of interesting gameplay...If they have Store content you don't own on them please let me know so it can be gifted :D
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Gift 4 is the first of two lots I created now this first lot isn't really a Sims 1 re-creation but the idea sprung from a Sims 1 item which was the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon Apothacarey Todd had to sell his goods from...I present...

For Your Magical Needs - This caravan belongs to a traveling merchant who has everything you could desire for your magical needs...looking for the perfect wand he has it, looking for a spellbook? he has it, Need toad eyes for a potion? he has it...So stop by today for all your magical supplies...Shop no longer in business but make it your home today!

b8626g.jpg

t06hd1.jpg

5pkbqd.jpg

The lot is set to be residental but if you'd wanted you could change it to a hangout it is by no means a store so you won't need savvy seller unless you chose to change it to be a functional store :) ...Again if any Store content was use that you don't own please let me know :D
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Gift 5 the last of the gifts but the first to be done :D I must say I had alot of fun with this lot and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it :D I present another lot inspired by a lot from Sims 1 Magic Town

Vernon's Vault - A Sims 3 version of Vernon's Vault from Sims 1: Makin Magic. Enjoy this thrill of an amusment park while going back to The Sims as the old is mixed with the new.

2aj1k6x.jpg

At Vernon's Vault you'll find a varitey of things to do from coasters to games to carousel rides and even performances so come alone bring the family either way have a blast!

o9pa88.jpg

10gy0t1.jpg

2vlmblh.jpg

16c6r8i.jpg

but wait how will you enjoy this lot when your missing a few core items?...don't worry along with these gifts you will be gifted...

World of Wonder will be gifted by me
    2wpmtdc.jpg
    Boardwalk and Barrier to Entry System to be gifted by Shannen whom without I wouldn't have been able to make the lot as I wanted :D
    505v08.jpg

dddyit.jpg
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Hi CM,

I want to thank you for these great gifts! I couldn't have done it any better :)

@ArretStrife I was very excited when I read your letter and then all of a sudden I had to move to a new place! I had a couple of moments I thought I was going to make it to create something gorgeous for you, but unfortunately I haven't finished anything :( I really am very sorry, but so glad I knew it quite early so I could tell CM and Tanu in time. I'm so glad you still get awesome gifts now eventhough I failed!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    ArretStrifeArretStrife Posts: 136 Member
    @cmbaker16 I love the sims! They manage to have the feel of the first sims, while still fitting into 3 very well.
    The two builds are amazing as well. You did a great job at creating something that fit in the theme.
    And thank you so much for the store content to go along with the builds!
    I'm not on my computer right now, but as soon as I get a chance, I'll download the creations and head in game.

@SjappielovePaul It's okay, life just gets crazy sometimes, and things come up we couldn't see coming. I'd still like to thank you!
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Ok, I'm loving this walk down memory lane! Makin' Magic was by far my favorite part of the entire sims 1 series. (and I was quite disappointed in the "magic" expansion we got in S2, after the awesomeness of Makin' Magic!)
  • Options
    @SjappielovePaul It was my pleasure and don't worry things happen when we least expect it, Hope you are enjoying your new place :)

@ArretStrife Thank you very much it was fun looking back at pics on sims 1 and finding out info on the NPC sims and seeing the lots from magic town again it was extermely fun and challenging to make the Sims and lots to have a Sims 1 theme but fit in with Sims 3 :) It was my pleasure to send the store content :)

@Bookworm742 I'm glad you had fun going down memory lane :D
  • Options
    @cmbaker16 I hate having to say this, since you've already done so much, but yes, I don't have all the store content needed. I don't have the Understated hair for Mara, and I only have three of the items for For Your Magical Needs (the three that I do have being MonoModerne Toilet, Hydrocombo Sink, and the counter).
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @ArretStrife I consider it all part of the gift so don't worry, I will gift what you are missing over the next few days but it be helpful if you could add these to your WL so it'll be easier to gift :)

For Mara -
    Understated

For Your Magicial Needs -
    Hideaway Bunkbed
    Spellbound Diary
    Once Upon a Time - Wisely Owl Sculpture
    Wonderfully woven Hanging Chair
    Drifter's Desire
    Lord Vladimir's Cauldron
    Soothsayer's Crystal Ball
    String of Inspiration

Since we have a nice list will be able to mark it off as they are sent :)
  • Options
    So I've been attacked by @ciane and @DarkVampKiss
    I've been gifted Understated, Drifter's Desire, Wonderfully woven Hanging Chair, and String of Inspiration.
    Thank you!

The sims community is so nice! You all are really awesome. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @ArretStrife thank you for telling me I knew of DarkVampKiss but @ciane is sneaky. I know @DarkVampKiss also sent the Spellbound Dairy. Also, not sure who but as I was about to send the hideaway bunkbed only to find it was gifted a moment before me :D

the Simming community is so nice I really appericate everyone helping as they have :D

Edit: I need to go cook dinner so if anything's left when I'm back I'll see what I can do to get it gifted to you today :)