Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worst caterer ever

Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
So I haven't use the caterers much since the patch, only a couple of times. But in my legacy family all my sims are either focusing on their career or skills. And because most don't have time to cook a meal, right before they went to bed I called in a caterer to make some meals so my sims don't have too. So the caterer gets here and while cooking her second dish I can tell by the way she was cooking she didn't have a very high cooking skill. And I should've noticed this as a bad sign, but I just keep on keeping on. And in the middle of cooking her 4th dish she burns my kitchen down! And it gets even better. After I repair everything, she decides to make another dish. But this time she puts the bowl of chili on the stove and LEAVES. I swear, that woman wanted to burn my house down. I guess I called the Arson Cafe or something, because she was nuts. Now I'm debating whether or not I should invite her over and kill her. Has anyone else had less than desirable encounters with their caterers?

Comments

• Options
    CptJayneCptJayne Posts: 11 New Member
    I've yet to use any "services" the Sims can hire outside of special events. But I have had a couple set themselves and the kitchen on fire. And the kids with that chemistry set... and the Ray Gun... and the fire pits... Thinking back, my Sims are either pyros or should be placed on a mental health watch.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Haha... But at least your caterer actually cooked things. Most of the ones I hire make like one dish and then decide to goof off for awhile.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    KimvbeeKimvbee Posts: 68 Member
    Every time I hire a caterer they just leave cutting boards all over the place. I had one restaurant I used for all the family events that wound up with unfinished cooking on every available surface.

Now I just feel lucky that they didn't burn the birthday sims to death.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    My town's pretty much filled with my own sims around this point, so my caterers are sims that I play. They're usually reliable, but one of mine actually betrayed me by ruining my grandson's wedding by leaving lots of unfinished stuff all over the place, then left for his job. There was like no food until I just filled the buffet tables with whatever... Then he came back, finished the cake like a trooper then I was able to complete the wedding with 1/16th of the time left. That wedding was so intense :joy:

I haven't had a caterer burn down my place, though. Maybe they were clumsy? :p
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I, too, have yet to hire a caterer from the fridge menu. I'm currently playing a Legacy Challenge, and although I just reached generation three, the house isn't fully completed. Lack of funds. So, sometimes I have to be really choosy with what they make, themselves, for a meal, money can be that tight. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    My sims are usually at a high level before I run events that might require a caterer so I don't even bother. They can make some decent stuff on their own.

Not to say that all my sims aren't prone to fire. I have one guy that, although he loves to cook, I swear is a magnet for fire. Caught part of the house one time trying to cook pancakes and then almost build the house down when lighting the fireplace. I don't let him near the campfire when they go on vacation....lol
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess