Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The mall in this game is more fun than the sims 4 retail lots

marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
edited February 2016 in The Sims FreePlay
Hello :)

Just finished unlocking all the stores and having more fun in the mall than playing the sims 4 ones :o

Shops for clothing for all sims

Catwall modeling
Large cinema
Bowling
Juice bars
Burger bars and other stuff with like about 30 different shops for clothing
Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I've been to the mall in other simmer's towns, the one in my town is currently building. Oh my that takes a long time! I initially begun the building process in order to work on a quest I have coming up for sleepwear. But I've since read about that quest (and how time consuming it is) and I don't think sleepwear is all that important to me right now so it might be a long while before I get around to that. I've got an idea I will be busy enough cleaning up and repairing the place like with the restaurant.

I just finished the Urban Furniture Event yesterday with four days left in the challenge. That stuff if really nice!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    As much as I had fun unlocking the mall I don't think I'll ever use it. Like everything else in the game it takes a ridiculous amount of time to complete actions. 3 hours and 30 minutes to go to the cinema. 1 hour to wait for a burger. 6 and 1/2 hours to bowl. 4 hours to do a makeover. I would absolutely love to have some of these features in the Sims 4 though.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    That's because Retail in The Sims 4 is totally different than the Mall in Freeplay. Both do very different things.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    As much as I had fun unlocking the mall I don't think I'll ever use it. Like everything else in the game it takes a ridiculous amount of time to complete actions. 3 hours and 30 minutes to go to the cinema. 1 hour to wait for a burger. 6 and 1/2 hours to bowl. 4 hours to do a makeover. I would absolutely love to have some of these features in the Sims 4 though.
    Hobbies are very important - both for LPs and winning competitions. So I always have 4 sims working on the 3 hobbies in the mall (fashion hunting, makeup artist and bowling and because makeup artist needs 2 sims). But I agree that other things than hobbies aren't worth it.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    You know if I could play this game on my PC I would probably switch from TS4 to Sims Free Play just because it has more gameplay than TS4 in so many areas. (even if I hate spending money to get gameplay unlocked :s )
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    You know if I could play this game on my PC I would probably switch from TS4 to Sims Free Play just because it has more gameplay than TS4 in so many areas. (even if I hate spending money to get gameplay unlocked :s )
    It is possible to play the Sims Freeplay on a PC according to http://www.andyroid.net/bundledapps/download-the-sims-freeplay-for-pcthe-sims-freeplay-on-pc
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

Well, you don't have to pay money to unlock gameplay. I know a few people that have made it to max level without spending a dime.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Astro wrote: »

Well, you don't have to pay money to unlock gameplay. I know a few people that have made it to max level without spending a dime.

That's true!

It just takes time!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Astro wrote: »

I think that it took me about a year to reach lvl 55 which currently is the max lvl without paying any money. It will still take me months though to build everything because I need a lot of orbs for this. (You also need orbs for building places within the places that need orbs to be built in the first place.)
  • Options
    debraactsdebraacts Posts: 35 Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > As much as I had fun unlocking the mall I don't think I'll ever use it. Like everything else in the game it takes a ridiculous amount of time to complete actions. 3 hours and 30 minutes to go to the cinema. 1 hour to wait for a burger. 6 and 1/2 hours to bowl. 4 hours to do a makeover. I would absolutely love to have some of these features in the Sims 4 though.

I have to say that although it says that it takes 1 hour to wait for a burger, when I did it it didn't really take more than something like 10 minutes if I remember correctly. Tho it's been a while since I did it.

I really feel that there is an area of the mall being seriously underused - the playground. You only have 2 items that can actually be used (the teeter totter and the slide/swing). Then there are 3 animal figures that are just there but can't be used. Where the seal is in a fake pool of water, why not make it a real pool so the toddlers can splash around. Let them climb the other animals. Put in a drawing board or blocks or a doll house so they can play while mom shops for makeup or shops the different stores. Let the kiddies go to the movies (even toddlers like to see pirate movies). Or put in a sandbox. You have room there so put it to good use.