Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to merge 2 save files?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    dawnderee wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    Okay, when your game is ready, what you can do is look at the ones you have had before and look at the names. Replace the names of the new one to a different number at the end of the name to "....10" if you don't have a saved game ending with "10", for example.

i'm doing the same thing with a challenge i was playing on my laptop. my laptop is insanely slow and i enjoy the challenge so i wanted to play it on my gaming desktop.

i saved the laptop/challenge saves to a flash drive, changed the name of the saves on the flash drive to end in random numbers (like 68) and test pasted one of the saves into the desktop saves folder. when i launched the game, however, the challenge save wasn't listed; just the previous games already being played on the desktop. what did i do wrong?

What are the file names exactly that you're using?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    simplydawnsimplydawn Posts: 181 Member
    Okay, when your game is ready, what you can do is look at the ones you have had before and look at the names. Replace the names of the new one to a different number at the end of the name to "....10" if you don't have a saved game ending with "10", for example.

i'm doing the same thing with a challenge i was playing on my laptop. my laptop is insanely slow and i enjoy the challenge so i wanted to play it on my gaming desktop.

i saved the laptop/challenge saves to a flash drive, changed the name of the saves on the flash drive to end in random numbers (like 68) and test pasted one of the saves into the desktop saves folder. when i launched the game, however, the challenge save wasn't listed; just the previous games already being played on the desktop. what did i do wrong?

One is: Slot_00000068.save
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2016

Ok. Try renaming that one to Slot_0000000a.save (That's seven 0's and a letter)

There are some limits on the save naming that I haven't got figured out, but I've used the seven-0s-and-a-letter successfully.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    simplydawnsimplydawn Posts: 181 Member

There are some limits on the save naming that I haven't got figured out, but I've used the seven-0s-and-a-letter successfully.

'a' already existed so i named it 'q' (not that it matters) but when i launched the game, still not there. i guess i'm stuck with the laptop for this challenge. it's fine. thank you all anyway.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited May 2016

'a' already existed so i named it 'q' (not that it matters) but when i launched the game, still not there. i guess i'm stuck with the laptop for this challenge. it's fine. thank you all anyway.

Hello @dawnderee Try moving to the desktop the desktop computer save game file that has the same slot number as the one from your laptop. Then place the save game file from your laptop into your saves folder. Then test to see if the save game file appears.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member

It will be better if you don't use a number like 68 unless you have 67 other game saves in your game. If you have let's say 5, then rename these ones like a number above what you have in your saves folder.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif