Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which graphic style do you prefer Sims 3 or 4?

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,543 Member
    edited September 2017
    @ZeeGee Like in this picture: :smiley:

19702909_10154664897996497_1835699686135059623_o.jpg?oh=2c2b28b6c3d522042c837166a15dea70&oe=5A1CD52F

Don't forget about the Sunset Valley beach hidden back here.
    Screenshot-2648.jpg

I sometimes forget about it until it's private beach party time at the Love Shack.
    Screenshot-2644.jpg

Screenshot-2647.jpg

I don't have a picture showing the whole beach.
    Screenshot-2643.jpg
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

19702909_10154664897996497_1835699686135059623_o.jpg?oh=2c2b28b6c3d522042c837166a15dea70&oe=5A1CD52F

Love it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    I have to say, honestly in my opinion as I'm looking at the comparison pics from above, Sims 3 looks like an actual 3-D image as in there is an impression of depth and texture. I also really like the shading in that second pic. Sometimes my sims look better/different in game that CAS.

When I look at the Sims 4 pics above, I'm not really getting the same impression that they are 3-D images. To me, they look like a 2-D flat image generated with a computer shaded to try and look 3-D. It reminds me more of a "painting" on a flat surface. I'm not saying one is better than another, it's all a matter of preference. Just an observation from me. :)

Flat is a perfect descriptor.
    The eyes, the eyebrows, the hairlines, and make-up result in these sims looking like their faces are painted on.
    The mono eyelash and clay hair makes them look like animated sculptures.
    That takes the immersion out of it for me and its why I am smothering them with CC to breathe more life into them. :)
    I like TS4 sims, but not without some tweaking.

The first picture on the left has the default eyes.
    The reset have CC replacement eyes.
    Melonie%20copy.jpg

Olivia%20CC.jpg

Melonie%20CC.jpg

Kara.jpg
    I really like these eyelashes. Could you perhaps tell me what CC that is? It seems like it replaces the default ones?

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    edited September 2017
    "I can create people who look like me (with TS4)"

Betcha anybody who watches Youtube content creators could recognize this guy inside of two seconds.

Screenshot-42.jpg
    Sims 3...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @CK213 Nice pictures but what world is that again?

@Sigzy05 Thanks! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    I prefer everything Sims 3. I've spoken of the things I dislike about Sims 4 so many times on these forums that I nauseate myself....So I wont repeat. Everything about Sims 3 is richer...even for a 32 bit game....it far surpasses Sims 4 in every detail, for me. There is variety and the game play is not boring by any means.
  • Options
    @CK213 Nice pictures but what world is that again?

@Sigzy05 Thanks! :smiley:

:o
    Sunset Valley!
  • Options
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    I have to say, honestly in my opinion as I'm looking at the comparison pics from above, Sims 3 looks like an actual 3-D image as in there is an impression of depth and texture. I also really like the shading in that second pic. Sometimes my sims look better/different in game that CAS.

When I look at the Sims 4 pics above, I'm not really getting the same impression that they are 3-D images. To me, they look like a 2-D flat image generated with a computer shaded to try and look 3-D. It reminds me more of a "painting" on a flat surface. I'm not saying one is better than another, it's all a matter of preference. Just an observation from me. :)

Flat is a perfect descriptor.
    The eyes, the eyebrows, the hairlines, and make-up result in these sims looking like their faces are painted on.
    The mono eyelash and clay hair makes them look like animated sculptures.
    That takes the immersion out of it for me and its why I am smothering them with CC to breathe more life into them. :)
    I like TS4 sims, but not without some tweaking.

The first picture on the left has the default eyes.
    The reset have CC replacement eyes.
    Melonie%20copy.jpg

Olivia%20CC.jpg

Melonie%20CC.jpg

Kara.jpg
    I really like these eyelashes. Could you perhaps tell me what CC that is? It seems like it replaces the default ones?

Unfortunately they are not default.
    This is the Skin Detail category version. I think he also has a version in the Accessories category. I use both because sometimes I need a skin detail that the eyelashes would replace, so I go with the accessories version in that case. I prefer the skin detail version though.
    http://kijiko-catfood.com/3d-lashes-version2-for-skin-detail-experimental/

• Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    It's TS3. There just isn't something right with TS4. There seems to be a slight haze in the TS4 graphics.
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    edited September 2017

Unfortunately they are not default.
    This is the Skin Detail category version. I think he also has a version in the Accessories category. I use both because sometimes I need a skin detail that the eyelashes would replace, so I go with the accessories version in that case. I prefer the skin detail version though.
    http://kijiko-catfood.com/3d-lashes-version2-for-skin-detail-experimental/
    Thank you for the reply! :) I use the same, in your screens it really looks like default replacement, so I was wondering haha.
    I always enjoyed your TS3 stories/screenshots btw. :) Nice to see you try out ts4 too and mod it how you like.

Post edited by Keks_Milch on
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @CK213 Sorry I went back and had a look and see you made some edits and as I was on my phone I couldn't recognise it! :bawling:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Don't forget about the Sunset Valley beach hidden back here.
    Screenshot-2648.jpg

I sometimes forget about it until it's private beach party time at the Love Shack.
    Screenshot-2644.jpg

Screenshot-2647.jpg

I don't have a picture showing the whole beach.
    Screenshot-2643.jpg

There is an hidden beach on sunset valley? I haven't noticed it and I was playing sims 3 a lot. I'm going to check this out the next time I play it Thanks.

Also those pictures, especially the second, reminds me of a beach that I was once went too, and seeing that sims 3 can almost match the reality when it comes to the worlds, it feels that it was a real life image, and full of life. On the first image, Travelling to a mountain type pathway to go to the private beach is awesome B)
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,188 Member
    Depends. I like Sims 3's realism, for 2009 that is, but Sims 4's goofy cartoonish artstyle feels like a step down from 3 but man has it grown on me.
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    I prefer the sims 3.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    Yeah. To me Sims3, -then Sims4 happened. :|

In comparison Simcity3000, -then Simcity4 happened. :s
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    Mazakeen wrote: »
    Yeah. To me Sims3, -then Sims4 happened. :|

In comparison Simcity3000, -then Simcity4 happened. :s

Right!!?? When they ruined SimCity... we builders were not forgiving at all. That game went dead fast. The forums were Abandoned cause we were tired of the lies and the half hearted attempt at expansion packs and fixes. That forum got brutalized, and then we all just left. I kinda wish that is what would have happened with Sims4.

I know there are Simmers who really like it. That's the thing about The Sims. There is not just one type of player. So for them, I hope you guys get everything you want out of this game. I'm going to stick with The Sims 3... I don't care that it's older...it still has more life in it than Sims 4 ever will.
  • Options
    icecoldfairyicecoldfairy Posts: 50 Member
    I hated the look of the Sims 3. The sims all had very soft, rounded faces and I really struggled to make them look nice. The Sims 4 aesthetic is amazing, the sims themselves look great and I just love the overall style. It's probably the main reason I bought the game tbh.
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 689 Member
    Now I am a total sims 3 lover! But I have to admit that the sims 4 is getting better and better. The clothes are better than they were at first, certainly. AND the scenery has improved just look at Windemere. Still, I miss create a style something fierce! There is so much more to do now too.

That being said, I still believe Sims 3 is better. The open world, create a style, the realistic look and feel of it, and I still insist that as you play your sims, they get more and more alive! It just adds up to a very immersive game. I personally have only scratched the surface of what it can do.

Still, I have high hopes for sims 4. Theres so much more to come. Aren't we lucky there are 3 sim games (2,3, and 4) we can choose from and they each are wonderful in their own way? My sims 4 sim is building her own rocket ship ( I just love it when they take off), my sims 3 sim is in the ghost hunter career ( my new favorite), and my sims 2 sim is becoming a chef and going to start her own restaurant!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @jaletu2005 Windenburg :mrgreen:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Windemere would be a great name for a sims 4 medieval world
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 689 Member
    Sorry about that guys! :D Definitely Windenberg.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    My question is: How do they have the gall to even call what they have in TS4 "Worlds"? ~sigh~

To me a world is a place where you can explore the limitless local area. But then again, I'm spoiled with TS3 and I'm sticking to it.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    I like the sims 4 skin is better they don't look as old an haggard as the sims 3, having more realistic looking eyelashes & hair would be so much better.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2017
    Great. Now all these threads are going to magically spawn with subject lines, "Show Us Your Old and Haggard Sims!" >:)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Graphics in Sims 3 and Sims 4
    relating to visual art, especially involving drawing, engraving, or lettering.
    visual, symbolic, pictorial, illustrative, diagrammatic
    I think they both are different
    and are like Beauty, Graphics are in the eyes of the beholder.
    When I am in Sims 4 I enjoy the Graphics. When in Sims 3, I enjoy the game and it's clear it's a bit older Graphics. but do not at all take from the game because it was done well from the start.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor