Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I buy two stuff packs or Outdoor Retreat?

Hello guys,
I would like some help with deciding on whether to purchase two stuff packs - I was thinking of getting Kitchen Stuff/Perfect Patio Stuff and Movie Hangout Stuff (where I live a stuff pack is £7.99) or Outdoor Retreat (£14.99)?
What will provide me more for my money? Is OR worth the money, do you enjoy it?
Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello :)
    These are some links to guides to Outdoors Retreat and the stuff packs . They explain about the features, activities and special interactive objects that come with the packs, as well as having all the pictures of the build/buy mode items and the CAS items. They may help you to decide which pack you would like to have for your game.

Outdoor Retreat
    http://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-outdoor-retreat-guide/

Stuff packs
    http://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-perfect-patio-stuff-guide/
    http://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-cool-kitchen-guide/
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-movie-hangout-guide/
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Have you thought of getting a bundle instead? Of course, it depends what you already own. But, for example, bundle pack 3 is £19.99 for outdoor retreat, cool kitchen and spooky stuff. I got bundle pack 1 myself, it has spa day, perfect patio and luxury party and was £19.90.
  • Options
    HennriettaHennrietta Posts: 212 Member
    For me it's all about what content I'll use most. I tend to take my Sims camping more than I'll visit the Spa. I'll watch movies more than I'll make ice cream. But honestly, it's all good stuff lol there's no way around it. The more you have, the better the game gets! But if you have to choose, I'd suggest Outdoor Retreat over two stuff packs. The "stuff" is cool, but the new location and taking a vacation is much more fun in my opinion!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Hello guys,
    I would like some help with deciding on whether to purchase two stuff packs - I was thinking of getting Kitchen Stuff/Perfect Patio Stuff and Movie Hangout Stuff (where I live a stuff pack is £7.99) or Outdoor Retreat (£14.99)?

OR.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    I would generally go for a Game Pack or an Expansion Pack over a Stuff Pack any day of the week, because they add more to the game.

I hate to say it, but some of the Sims 4 stuff packs really don't seem worth it at all to me. I remember some of the stuff packs from Sims 3 and they actually added a lot of stuff to the game. I have heard numerous complaints about the Sims 4 Cool Kitchen stuff pack specifically that it doesn't really add much [b]Cool Kitchen Stuff[/b] and that the number of items in the pack is severely lacking. And I have heard this about the other stuff packs for Sims 4 as well. It's disappointing because some of the stuff packs have the potential to be really cool, but they just fall short.

I can't really personally speak to the stuff packs individually for Sims 4 because I just went out and bought all of the Game/Stuff/Expansion packs at the same time for Sims 4 last month because I had the money to do it at the time, so I didn't get to experience the packs individually, I just added them all to my game at once.

So, I guess in your position, I would advise going for Outdoor Retreat over getting the stuff packs.
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    I like movie hangout and romantic garden, don't have outdoor retreat yet
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    outdoor retreat is my favourite by far. I use it all the time as it has a whole world destination.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Hello guys,

I'd say to get "Outdoor Retreat" first. It has more content, and more opportunity for gameplay.
    Admittedly, I found Kitchen Stuff a bit disappointing, so that might have something to do with it. But all in all, the Perfect Patio Stuff fits in perfectly once you already have Outdoor Retreat.
  • Options
    zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hi guys! Thank you so much for the help and advice on what to go with @liliaeth @Frn0731 @AmyDames @shacoria @Sigzy05 @Hennrietta @elanorbreton @rosemow :)
    I eventually went with OR,I have played some of it and love it so far!
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    yay finally someone with the same currency as me ^-^ the ames cost that for me too...anyways i would choose OR coz of how much content and gameplay it has
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    oh i see u got it ^-^ have fun playing
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    OR all the way.
  • Options
    srabideau0993srabideau0993 Posts: 30 Member
    You'll get way more for your money with OR - kicthen stuff gives you a few shirts/hairstyles and an ice cream maker. Aside from a nice looking kitchen, your not getting much more than that.
  • Options
    xSpoiledxxSpoiledx Posts: 228 Member
    I am enjoying Outdoor Retreat more than any two of the stuff packs combined. I feel that there is more that I use about Great Outdoors. Not only do you get the vacation location, you get a lot of really cool pre-built rooms and objects. Hands down I'd go for Outdoor Retreat. I hope they make more vacation locations because I'm really enjoying it. I like the stuff packs too, but recommend getting them later or after if you are picking up one or two things right now.