Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    AhriRollAhriRoll Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > AhriRoll wrote: »
    >
    > Hello, I've played a few sim days and now for about 1 or 2 sim days I am not able to save / travel / enter build/buy mode b/c my game says a sim is dying. My household sims are fine and I don't know who is dying and I really need to save!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @AhriRoll
    > Although it isn’t very nice to do, it may help your issue if you killed a random NPC. This article has suggestions on how to do that
    >

Luckily I didn't have to do that! I did (cheat) into CAS of my current family and then exited CAS and it fixed itself that way! Thank you though!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,624 Member
    AhriRoll wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > AhriRoll wrote: »
    >
    > Hello, I've played a few sim days and now for about 1 or 2 sim days I am not able to save / travel / enter build/buy mode b/c my game says a sim is dying. My household sims are fine and I don't know who is dying and I really need to save!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @AhriRoll
    > Although it isn’t very nice to do, it may help your issue if you killed a random NPC. This article has suggestions on how to do that
    >

Luckily I didn't have to do that! I did (cheat) into CAS of my current family and then exited CAS and it fixed itself that way! Thank you though!

It is good that the issue has been fixed :)
  • Options
    emserabritemserabrit Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a ghost pet in my household that is sick. When I go to the clinic, it says that there are no eligible pets to sign in. Can you cure sick pets that are ghosts?
  • Options
    emserabrit wrote: »
    I have a ghost pet in my household that is sick. When I go to the clinic, it says that there are no eligible pets to sign in. Can you cure sick pets that are ghosts?

Hello @emserabrit
    Vets can’t treat ghost pets, but if you have a sick ghost pet, you can give them a wellness treat which will cure them.
  • Options
    lamenerdlamenerd Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been playing the sims 4 since it came out and i updated it last night and now when i try to enter on of my households it does the loading screen then shows the maps. so then i tried creating a new sim but the loading screen went on forever. i restarted my computer and reloaded the game but it still wont work?
  • Options
    emserabritemserabrit Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > emserabrit wrote: »
    >
    > I have a ghost pet in my household that is sick. When I go to the clinic, it says that there are no eligible pets to sign in. Can you cure sick pets that are ghosts?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @emserabrit
    > Vets can’t treat ghost pets, but if you have a sick ghost pet, you can give them a wellness treat which will cure them.

@rosemow Thanks for the tip. I bought the wellness treat, but unfortunately the "Give Vet Treat" option doesn't appear for the ghost pet. I've confirmed it appears for a live pet.
  • Options
    lamenerd wrote: »
    I've been playing the sims 4 since it came out and i updated it last night and now when i try to enter on of my households it does the loading screen then shows the maps. so then i tried creating a new sim but the loading screen went on forever. i restarted my computer and reloaded the game but it still wont work?

Hello @lamenerd
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the latest patch
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest

If you use mods/cc try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
    There has been hot fixes released for MCCC mod . It would be best to download the latest version, if you use that mod
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/?releases#Top
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    emserabrit wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > emserabrit wrote: »
    >
    > I have a ghost pet in my household that is sick. When I go to the clinic, it says that there are no eligible pets to sign in. Can you cure sick pets that are ghosts?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @emserabrit
    > Vets can’t treat ghost pets, but if you have a sick ghost pet, you can give them a wellness treat which will cure them.

@rosemow Thanks for the tip. I bought the wellness treat, but unfortunately the "Give Vet Treat" option doesn't appear for the ghost pet. I've confirmed it appears for a live pet.

I am sorry :( I thought that you may be able to give the wellness treat to a ghost pet.
    You could try using the reset sim cheat on the pet and see if that may help to cure the pet . I am not sure if it will work.
    Try typing into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in
    resetSim firstname secondname
    ( replace with his actual first and second names)
  • Options
    anashanash Posts: 86 Member
    A few glitches that I have come across are Sims are yoyoing around my lot. They would clean dishes and then when they are at the sink they snap back to the table. My Sims won't stop raking leaves. I've found piles of leaves inside the house. And my last glitch is when throwing leave piles away they stop and make a t formation and the action gets cancelled. I don't play with mods or cc. I have all packs.
  • Options
    anash wrote: »
    A few glitches that I have come across are Sims are yoyoing around my lot. They would clean dishes and then when they are at the sink they snap back to the table. My Sims won't stop raking leaves. I've found piles of leaves inside the house. And my last glitch is when throwing leave piles away they stop and make a t formation and the action gets cancelled. I don't play with mods or cc. I have all packs.

Hello @anash
    It would be good to post feedback on the issues on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Jumpy-Animation-Bug-After-Newest-Patch/td-p/6876628

Repairing the game may also help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps
  • Options
    nasasimsnasasims Posts: 1 New Member
    ok ok ok so with the new update i've been trying to create new sims with cc it never lets me play. it just sends me back to the main menu. i've updated all of my cc. anybody help?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    nasasims wrote: »
    ok ok ok so with the new update i've been trying to create new sims with cc it never lets me play. it just sends me back to the main menu. i've updated all of my cc. anybody help?

Hello @nasasims
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue

This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest
  • Options
    HonokaHonoka Posts: 3 New Member
    I've been busy and haven't been playing since March 10th, but when I heard about Seasons I immediately wanted to buy it and play again.

So I opened Origin and instead of just updating the game it tells me to download it from the start as if I had just bought it and was preparing to play for the first time. How is this possible? Has something happened during the last three months I've had a break from playing that requires re-downloading the entire game?

I haven't changed PC or anything and I still have Windows 10 like before and my save files etc are still where they used to be, but there's no option to update, just to download...
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Can you have different wall heights on a lot? If so how?

I built a greenhouse for my sim and used tall walls so I could fit in her trees, everything went nicely until I told her to go to bed. She kept protesting about routing and it was only then I noticed the stairs was missing. I tried to add new stairs but realized they where to big, so changed wall size to small, stairs then fitted but her greenhouse became small and I lost all her trees. I keep undoing everything but am going round in circles.
  • Options
    Coucou660Coucou660 Posts: 21 Member
    Hahaa I'm back with another problem :|
    So I made these bomb-🐸🐸🐸🐸 sims in CAS and pressed to upload them to my gallery, but it has been stuck loading for 2 and a half hours. I really don't want to quit without saving but I'm scared that I might have to. Is there anything I can do to fix this, like forcefully shutting the gallery window? :(
  • Options
    > @Plainevil said:
    > Can you have different wall heights on a lot? If so how?
    >
    > I built a greenhouse for my sim and used tall walls so I could fit in her trees, everything went nicely until I told her to go to bed. She kept protesting about routing and it was only then I noticed the stairs was missing. I tried to add new stairs but realized they where to big, so changed wall size to small, stairs then fitted but her greenhouse became small and I lost all her trees. I keep undoing everything but am going round in circles.

If you change the height of a wall, it affects the whole house level even if some rooms weren't connected to the rest of the lot. I wish it didn't do that tho
  • Options

If you change the height of a wall, it affects the whole house level even if some rooms weren't connected to the rest of the lot. I wish it didn't do that tho [/quote]

Yes thanks, found it out the hard way. Its cost a fortune as there are no small greenhouse windows but made a double small greenhouse and that worked.

• Options
    Honoka wrote: »
    I've been busy and haven't been playing since March 10th, but when I heard about Seasons I immediately wanted to buy it and play again.

So I opened Origin and instead of just updating the game it tells me to download it from the start as if I had just bought it and was preparing to play for the first time. How is this possible? Has something happened during the last three months I've had a break from playing that requires re-downloading the entire game?

I haven't changed PC or anything and I still have Windows 10 like before and my save files etc are still where they used to be, but there's no option to update, just to download...

Hello @Honoka
    It sounds like the computer may have either uninstalled your game, or perhaps when you press the download button, there may only be a short time of reinstallation.
    I am sorry that this has occurred to your game :(
  • Options
    Plainevil wrote: »
    Can you have different wall heights on a lot? If so how?

I built a greenhouse for my sim and used tall walls so I could fit in her trees, everything went nicely until I told her to go to bed. She kept protesting about routing and it was only then I noticed the stairs was missing. I tried to add new stairs but realized they where to big, so changed wall size to small, stairs then fitted but her greenhouse became small and I lost all her trees. I keep undoing everything but am going round in circles.

Hello
    You are unable to have different wall heights in one lot. Changing the height affects the whole lot.
  • Options
    Coucou660 wrote: »
    So I made these bomb-plum sims in CAS and pressed to upload them to my gallery, but it has been stuck loading for 2 and a half hours. I really don't want to quit without saving but I'm scared that I might have to. Is there anything I can do to fix this, like forcefully shutting the gallery window? :(

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue :( You may need to open task manager and close the Sims Game that way. When this has occurred with some simmers, they have found that the sims have still saved to the gallery, even after doing this. I hope that this will be the same for you,
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    So I made these bomb-plum sims in CAS and pressed to upload them to my gallery, but it has been stuck loading for 2 and a half hours. I really don't want to quit without saving but I'm scared that I might have to. Is there anything I can do to fix this, like forcefully shutting the gallery window? :(

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue :( You may need to open task manager and close the Sims Game that way. When this has occurred with some simmers, they have found that the sims have still saved to the gallery, even after doing this. I hope that this will be the same for you,

Thank you so much! It worked and I am so happy it did, I spent a long time on those Sims <3
  • Options
    Hello
    You are unable to have different wall heights in one lot. Changing the height affects the whole lot.[/quote]

Yes figured that out, but my house did not change in size until I tried to fix the stairs. Had no idea what was going on and had already saved by then. Found away to fix the green house without changing house walls though, so all sorted.

• Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

Thank you so much! It worked and I am so happy it did, I spent a long time on those Sims <3

That is great! :) I am glad it worked.
  • Options
    xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    Hello. I noticed that all the upgrades I had done to my sims washer and dryer are gone, so I have to upgrade them again. Is this a bug?
  • Options
    xMarianx wrote: »
    Hello. I noticed that all the upgrades I had done to my sims washer and dryer are gone, so I have to upgrade them again. Is this a bug?

Hello
    This shouldn’t have occurred. If it has just occurred, you may like to try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play that still has the upgraded appliances. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version