Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,735 Member
    Reitanna wrote: »
    it's like every other day, I have a problem... XD one of my households won't load in either live mode or build mode. I thought it was a CC issue again, but after testing it, I figured out it's not. I can load any other household in live and build mode, but this one specific lot just stays on the loading screen. it doesn't freeze or crash, but I DO have to force close it to start the game over. it's weird because I've loaded this lot PLENTY of times before.

Hello @Reitanna
    Try going to manage households and move the household to another home that way. Then test to see if you can load the household in the new home. If you can, then there may be an issue with the old home . Test to see if you can enter build mode on the lot with no household in the lot. If you can't, try coming completely out of the game. Then launch the game again, load your save game, and go straightway to trying to enter build mode on the lot without trying to load any households. If you can do that, save the home to your library. Bulldoze the home, then place the saved version from your library onto the lot and see if the issues remain.
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    @rosemow alright, so after I moved them out, I could load the lot just fine. except it put all of the furniture in my household's inventory, but that's just an annoyance. I moved them back in and now I can load it just fine. just in case, though, I saved both the household and lot to my library
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    Reitanna wrote: »
    @rosemow alright, so after I moved them out, I could load the lot just fine. except it put all of the furniture in my household's inventory, but that's just an annoyance. I moved them back in and now I can load it just fine. just in case, though, I saved both the household and lot to my library

It is good that you can load the lot okay now :)
    When you moved the sims out, you may have chosen the option to "keep the furniture " rather than to sell. The " sell the furniture" option keeps it in the home,
  • Options
    HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    Hey everyone!

Yesterday when I was trying to update my sims, I kept getting an error message that "there is no disk inserted". This has never been a problem before, and in fact, I had been playing sims earlier that day. No matter if I pressed "cancel" or "x" on the message, it would pop back up, so I eventually had to use task manager to totally shut the programme down.

Could this possibly be because earlier that day my computer froze and I had to unplug and replug it (it said when I turned it back on "not all network drives reconnected)?

Thanks for the help!
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • Options
    HEW310 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

Yesterday when I was trying to update my sims, I kept getting an error message that "there is no disk inserted". This has never been a problem before, and in fact, I had been playing sims earlier that day. No matter if I pressed "cancel" or "x" on the message, it would pop back up, so I eventually had to use task manager to totally shut the programme down.

Could this possibly be because earlier that day my computer froze and I had to unplug and replug it (it said when I turned it back on "not all network drives reconnected)?

Thanks for the help!

Hello @HEW310
    Do you have your sims 4 installed on external drive? If you do, that may have caused an issue.
    You don't need to insert a DVD disc to play sims 4 .
    Are you still getting the error message?
  • Options
    HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    I don't think it's on an external drive. I only have it downloaded on my computer, I've never used the physical copies of them. I haven't tried opening it today, but I will go and do so and see if the message is still there (and if I can get a screenshot of it)
    h87xNtp.jpg
  • Options
    HEW310 wrote: »
    I don't think it's on an external drive. I only have it downloaded on my computer, I've never used the physical copies of them. I haven't tried opening it today, but I will go and do so and see if the message is still there (and if I can get a screenshot of it)

I hope that the error message isn't appearing today. It may not be connected to the Sims. It sounds more like it refers to your computer network drives.
  • Options
    ElijahKTElijahKT Posts: 45 Member
    How do I become a full member, I've had this account for years.
  • Options
    ElijahKT wrote: »
    How do I become a full member, I've had this account for years.

Hello @ElijahKT :)
    Welcome to the forums. You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted. Keep posting on the different threads and sections of the forums and you will soon get the points/posts. The off topic section is a good place to post.
    You will soon get the required points and posts if you also post about your simming experiences on threads that you are interested in the thread topics.
    Reading and posting on threads in the Stories and Legacies section is great. The simmers there would appreciate your feedback on their Stories and their legacies
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > ElijahKT wrote: »
    >
    > How do I become a full member, I've had this account for years.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ElijahKT :)
    > Welcome to the forums. You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
    >
    > You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted. Keep posting on the different threads and sections of the forums and you will soon get the points/posts. The off topic section is a good place to post.
    > You will soon get the required points and posts if you also post about your simming experiences on threads that you are interested in the thread topics.
    > Reading and posting on threads in the Stories and Legacies section is great. The simmers there would appreciate your feedback on their Stories and their legacies

Those are some serious requirements! But I suppose I understand, thanks for the tips.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > ElijahKT wrote: »
    >
    > How do I become a full member, I've had this account for years.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ElijahKT :)
    > Welcome to the forums. You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
    >
    > You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted. Keep posting on the different threads and sections of the forums and you will soon get the points/posts. The off topic section is a good place to post.
    > You will soon get the required points and posts if you also post about your simming experiences on threads that you are interested in the thread topics.
    > Reading and posting on threads in the Stories and Legacies section is great. The simmers there would appreciate your feedback on their Stories and their legacies

Those are some serious requirements! But I suppose I understand, thanks for the tips.

You're welcome :) You nearly have half the required points to become a member.
  • Options
    I'll get started with those post requirements by posting a recent bug I've encountered in my game. My game is fairly heavily modded so this might be the cause, but if not, I'd be glad to know how to fix it! My Sims often get stuck when trying to perform actions and usually using the resetsim cheat fixes it, but I've just encountered something new. I had my child sim take a picture with his camera, which he did just fine, then he got the want to take a selfie, which I tried to do and at first it didn't work, so I tried it again and it worked. But moments later I went to try and save and realized that it wouldn't let me because "Cannot do this while taking photos" message was appearing. I reset all the Sims on the lot and this did not fix it, I can't edit a sim in cas with testingcheats, I tried taking more pictures but that didn't fix it. So I'm not sure what to do, I hope I don't need to reset because, unless there's an autosave in Sims 4, I've just lost a whole lot of progress :(
  • Options
    I'll get started with those post requirements by posting a recent bug I've encountered in my game. My game is fairly heavily modded so this might be the cause, but if not, I'd be glad to know how to fix it! My Sims often get stuck when trying to perform actions and usually using the resetsim cheat fixes it, but I've just encountered something new. I had my child sim take a picture with his camera, which he did just fine, then he got the want to take a selfie, which I tried to do and at first it didn't work, so I tried it again and it worked. But moments later I went to try and save and realized that it wouldn't let me because "Cannot do this while taking photos" message was appearing. I reset all the Sims on the lot and this did not fix it, I can't edit a sim in cas with testingcheats, I tried taking more pictures but that didn't fix it. So I'm not sure what to do, I hope I don't need to reset because, unless there's an autosave in Sims 4, I've just lost a whole lot of progress :(

Hello
    Try pressing the M key and see if you can have your sim travel to another lot, then save the game there.
    Try seeing if you can go to build mode and back.
    Test to see if you can go to manage worlds.
    If you are unable to do these things, I am sorry :( You will need to close the game without saving .
  • Options
    Yep can't do any of that. FeelsBadMan
  • Options
    Luckily I only lost half the day, forgot I had saved before moving a new Sim in! I'll leave you with one more question so I don't feel like spam, are there any mods that remove the loading for locations in a neighborhood? I mean like, houses and parks located in your district, ones you could walk to without a loading screen, but still need to load into the lot even though it's located in the same space as your house. Are there any mods for this, is this even a possible thing to mod? It's weird to walk to the park across the street only to have to load something that's already an exterior.
  • Options
    Luckily I only lost half the day, forgot I had saved before moving a new Sim in! I'll leave you with one more question so I don't feel like spam, are there any mods that remove the loading for locations in a neighborhood? I mean like, houses and parks located in your district, ones you could walk to without a loading screen, but still need to load into the lot even though it's located in the same space as your house. Are there any mods for this, is this even a possible thing to mod? It's weird to walk to the park across the street only to have to load something that's already an exterior.

Hello
    It is good that you didn't lose too much game progress.
    There isn't a mod like you posted about. What takes place, is how the Sims 4 game has been designed to be played in that way.
  • Options
    Small_sophie92Small_sophie92 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi, recently updated to a new gaming pc, and I'm only getting 30fps on medium settings. I played last night and was getting 50-60 fps and haven't changed anything so not sure what's happened. Can anyone help?
    I'm running intel core i7, Nvidia geforce gtx 1050, 8gb ram. Thanks in advance. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Hi, recently updated to a new gaming pc, and I'm only getting 30fps on medium settings. I played last night and was getting 50-60 fps and haven't changed anything so not sure what's happened. Can anyone help?
    I'm running intel core i7, Nvidia geforce gtx 1050, 8gb ram. Thanks in advance. :)

Hello @Small_sophie92
    The fps can fluctuate around. It can depend on what world that your sims are located in when you are playing the game or what lot.. Try going back into the game, and have your sims travel to another world and /or other lots. Test to see what the fps is.
  • Options
    [quote="rosemow;c-16009077"][quote="Small_sophie92;c-16009054"]Hi, recently updated to a new gaming pc, and I'm only getting 30fps on medium settings. I played last night and was getting 50-60 fps and haven't changed anything so not sure what's happened. Can anyone help?
    I'm running intel core i7, Nvidia geforce gtx 1050, 8gb ram. Thanks in advance. :) [/quote]

Hello @Small_sophie92
    The fps can fluctuate around. It can depend on what world that your sims are located in when you are playing the game or what lot.. Try going back into the game, and have your sims travel to another world and /or other lots. Test to see what the fps is. [/quote]

Thanks, will have a test around and see what happens. :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Small_sophie92
    The fps can fluctuate around. It can depend on what world that your sims are located in when you are playing the game or what lot.. Try going back into the game, and have your sims travel to another world and /or other lots. Test to see what the fps is.

Thanks, will have a test around and see what happens. :)

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    My sims home lot is in Oasis Springs, traveled to willow creak, hit 60fps very briefly when on the world overview but dropped back to 30 when I entered a lot. Also tried other lots on Oasis Springs and had the same thing, 60 on the zoomed out world view but 30 as soon as I enter a lot. :/
  • Options
    My sims home lot is in Oasis Springs, traveled to willow creak, hit 60fps very briefly when on the world overview but dropped back to 30 when I entered a lot. Also tried other lots on Oasis Springs and had the same thing, 60 on the zoomed out world view but 30 as soon as I enter a lot. :/
    The fps can fluctuate around. Did you try in another world?
  • Options
    [quote="rosemow;c-16009097"][quote="Small_sophie92;c-16009093"]My sims home lot is in Oasis Springs, traveled to willow creak, hit 60fps very briefly when on the world overview but dropped back to 30 when I entered a lot. Also tried other lots on Oasis Springs and had the same thing, 60 on the zoomed out world view but 30 as soon as I enter a lot. :/ [/quote]
    The fps can fluctuate around. Did you try in another world? [/quote]

Yeah, tried Willow Creak and it was the same. Oh well, I guess as long as my game isn't too laggy it isn't too much of a problem.
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    okay, I'm not sure if anyone can answer this one. I'm asking all of the sims 4 forums I go to... I'm looking for adult blender rigs for males with a feminine frame. the reason is, I'm tired of my feminine males having breasts when wearing female clothing, so I need the bare torso to create tops that will still work with feminine bottoms without clipping issues (CC causes this). do rigs for opposite frame exist? if so, where/how can I get them?
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png