Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Zasz wrote: »
    My vampires spontantously scream/yell as if they are increasingly thirsty yet they are in the green. Is there a way to get rid of that? A special selection of vampire powers that does not include this obnoxious behavior?

Hello
    It may be the vampire weaknesses that your vampire sim has. The uncontrollable hissing weakness can affect sims behaviour.
    I didnt select that one. It seems this might be a passive vampire trait.
  • Options
    Found it. It was eternal sadness. It didnt just sponatnously make the sims sad, it also made them cry out as if they were really thirsty even if they werent.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    Found it. It was eternal sadness. It didnt just sponatnously make the sims sad, it also made them cry out as if they were really thirsty even if they werent.

It is good that you found the cause of what was occurring in your game.
  • Options
    I blame you for making me look :wink:
  • Options
    LizzyBrdn59LizzyBrdn59 Posts: 52 Member
    found mc update but it's still not showing up when i click on my sim, I read somewhere a typed in code you could use to bypass that and get it to show, but can't for the life of me find it again when needed... the update still doesn't make the option to use mc cmd available... any ideas on a work around?
  • Options
    found mc update but it's still not showing up when i click on my sim, I read somewhere a typed in code you could use to bypass that and get it to show, but can't for the life of me find it again when needed... the update still doesn't make the option to use mc cmd available... any ideas on a work around?

Hello @LizzyBrdn59
    There was an issue with the update version. Another version has been released. Try removing the old version, and download/install the new version and see if that helps the issues. If the issues remain, it would be best to post on the help,thread for the mod
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread/p1
  • Options
    I had a few days without power. I didnt pay the bills intentionally. When I paid them my settings for lights reset after I installed a few new lights, configured them and set auto lights for all lights. I tried to set them up again but when I edit a light, it turns on. When I set it to auto light, it resets what I just edited.
  • Options
    I had a few days without power. I didnt pay the bills intentionally. When I paid them my settings for lights reset after I installed a few new lights, configured them and set auto lights for all lights. I tried to set them up again but when I edit a light, it turns on. When I set it to auto light, it resets what I just edited.

Hello
    Try deleting the lights. Then buy new ones, and set them to auto lights. Then edit the lights and see if the settings remain.
  • Options

Hello
    Try deleting the lights. Then buy new ones, and set them to auto lights. Then edit the lights and see if the settings remain.
    Those were alot of lights... Thanks anyway. I found another workaround. I edited the light settings for a light and then set THIS light to auto light instead of all lights. This way the settings endure.
  • Options

Hello
    Those were alot of lights... Thanks anyway. I found another workaround. I edited the light settings for a light and then set THIS light to auto light instead of all lights. This way the settings endure.

It is good that you have found a workaround to help keep the settings :)
  • Options

Hello

Now I face another light issue. I installed candles at stairs and on two floors. Ground level settings worked like all other lights. But the 1st floor candles in the hall cant be set to auto light this light, only to this room or all lights.
  • Options

Hello

Now I face another light issue. I installed candles at stairs and on two floors. Ground level settings worked like all other lights. But the 1st floor candles in the hall cant be set to auto light this light, only to this room or all lights.

Try seeing if the settings remain, if you set autolighting for all lights first,then edit the lights.
  • Options

Try seeing if the settings remain, if you set autolighting for all lights first,then edit the lights.

You want me to undo all the settings I just did and then redo ALL lights again just to test if five lights accept the auto lights setting? Uhm, sry but no way Im going to edit three floors and outdoors again.
  • Options
    cccamilalalacccamilalala Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, hope I'm posting in the right place. I could not find any solutions to my problem :(

I've been having issues with the Sims 4 ever since the toddler update, which I've downloaded on Feb 25. The game would crash after a few minutes of gameplay (shortest 1 minute, longest around 15 minutes). It could be just from clicking a simple "chat" interaction and the game would crash so I'd have to ALT+CTRL+DEL to end task the game. I couldn't even quit the game properly.

I've tried the "repair game" option in Origin, tried removing the Sims 4 folder from my Documents folder and open as a new game, tried installing and reinstalling the game, yet the crash still happens...

I do not use any mods or CCs so I am not sure what's the cause.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Hello @cccamilalala
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

If after doing all the above things the issue still continues, could you please post your DxDiag info here. It will take multiple posts.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.
    You can either post it in multiple posts or upload it to pastebin and post the link to it here.

Hi rosemow, so I've tried all the fixes above but the game still freezes.

My DXDIAG is uploaded onto pastebin: pastebin . com / sDxUpFdD

Thank you so much for your help!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Hi, hope I'm posting in the right place. I could not find any solutions to my problem :(

I've been having issues with the Sims 4 ever since the toddler update, which I've downloaded on Feb 25. The game would crash after a few minutes of gameplay (shortest 1 minute, longest around 15 minutes). It could be just from clicking a simple "chat" interaction and the game would crash so I'd have to ALT+CTRL+DEL to end task the game. I couldn't even quit the game properly.

I've tried the "repair game" option in Origin, tried removing the Sims 4 folder from my Documents folder and open as a new game, tried installing and reinstalling the game, yet the crash still happens...

Hello @cccamilalala

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

If after doing all the above things the issue still continues, could you please post your DxDiag info here. It will take multiple posts.
    Click OK
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.
    You can either post it in multiple posts or upload it to pastebin and post the link to it here.

Hello @cccamilalala
    I am so very sorry, but I don't think that your computer meets the recommended requirements to run the game :( I am so very sorry.
    I am going to ask @phoebebebe13 to look at your diaxdiag and offer advice,
    http://pastebin.com/sDxUpFdD
  • Options
    Hello, hello! First of all I'd like to apologize if this is an inappropriate place to ask this question, I wasn't able to find any open threads regarding this particular issue and neither am I able to create a new thread. Since today's update (March 23) the "Teleport Any Sim" mod by scumbumbo seems to have stopped working, it can be placed in-game but can no longer be interacted with. Is this an issue with my game or did the update break it? If it's a problem in my game, are there any ways to fix it? Thanks in advance for any further replies!

Hello @monochrome-28
    Andrew from Sims 4 Studio has updated the mod
    http://sims4studio.com/post/72734
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Hello @cccamilalala

Click OK

Hello @cccamilalala
    I am so very sorry, but I don't think that your computer meets the recommended requirements to run the game :( I am so very sorry.
    I am going to ask @phoebebebe13 to look at your diaxdiag and offer advice,
    http://pastebin.com/sDxUpFdD

This computer is weak and under recommended requirements to run the game. It also has windows XP and probably can't access the ram needed to run the game. The game alone needs 4gb ram. The Video driver needs to be updated

They should change their windows version to windows 10 64 bit and then update their video driver. Make sure their computer is cleaned of dust. Lower the game settings and or resolution. Which ever works best. Play the 32 bit version of the game since they only have 4gb ram

How do I run the 32-bit version of The Sims 4?
    If you are on a 64-bit version of Windows and would like to run the 32-bit version of The Sims 4, do the following:

Right click on The Sims 4 tile in Origin.
    Select “Game Properties”

• Options
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited March 2017
    @rosemow upgrading @cccamilalala computer to windows 64 bit would be the first step. I don't know if upgrading their computer ram will help. The computer is older. The processor is a dual core and they need a quad core to survive the game. Their video card is also lower end. The game may still run ok for now if they upped the ram to 8gb and got windows 64 bit.

@chesterbigbird could advise if it is worth spening the money to upgrade the computer or buy a new one if they don't have another computer to play on. Chester here is the DxDiag http://pastebin.com/sDxUpFdD
  • Options
    SimSergioSimSergio Posts: 234 Member
    Hi! After my game updated, I can't play with my saved games. The only option is to create a new Sim.

In the "saves" folder in "The Sims 4" folder, there are the files that were created, the last one in March 19, the last day I played.
  • Options
    CaioSantos wrote: »
    Hi! After my game updated, I can't play with my saved games. The only option is to create a new Sim.

In the "saves" folder in "The Sims 4" folder, there are the files that were created, the last one in March 19, the last day I played.

Hello @CaioSantos
    Try doing the second suggestion in this linked article and see if that helps your issue
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/
  • Options
    SimSergioSimSergio Posts: 234 Member
    @rosemow I tryed these steps, but it didn't work. But thank you for your suggestion.

I realized that the problem was the "saves" was being created in another folder, I think it is because I uninstalled Microsoft OneDrive...
  • Options
    CaioSantos wrote: »
    @rosemow I tryed these steps, but it didn't work. But thank you for your suggestion.

I realized that the problem was the "saves" was being created in another folder, I think it is because I uninstalled Microsoft OneDrive...

Hello
    It was good that you were able to find the cause of your issue :)
  • Options
    iiomqilovesimsiiomqilovesims Posts: 281 Member
    For some reason when I play, no sims pop up and I cant do anything. What's the problem?