Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 games suddenly unregistered?

Started playing again, but when I go to send gifts, it says I need to register my games. My games have always been registered. Anyone else having this problem?
Also, now the launcher "suggests" you only play a few expansions at a time (yes my computer the plays the game flawlessly). lol What?? Why and since when?? Is it..like, a precautionary measure for newer S3 players or? My computer is more than capable at running the entire Sims 3 collection. Fast and on highest settings. I re-build my computer to fit the highest Sims games needs. So really just curious why this is a new feature.
Thanks!
let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
*Team Seasons*
XtR6m6.png

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited February 2016
    I believe the in-game gifting broke just right after EA did and update to the store that moved the purchasing of simpoints and world bundles over to the Origin client as it was still working when patch 1.69 came out in November and it worked for me in December.

Here is a temp fix that one of the TS3 players discovered that works for a short time. But it's a small fix for now until the team can find the problem and fix it... :)
    Kiya_Elle wrote: »
    I have been getting this for a while now as well. What has fixed it reliably for me as long as I stay in live mode is creating a custom memory and posting it. It has to be a custom memory - normal memories don't work. And as soon as I go out of live mode - into buy or build mode, it breaks again.

To check if it works for you - try creating and posting a custom memory then bring up your player wall in-game and check your profile tab - if your game/expansions show up in the registered games section there you should be good to go.

One note - for me it is not showing everything that I have registered - only the most recently registered expansions and stuff packs. So if you registered everything a long time ago this might not work.
    Kiya_Elle wrote: »
    Everything shows as registered for me on the website as well.

What I meant was on the in-game player wall, profile tab.

Which before posting a custom memory looks like this

2fdFNNz.jpg

And after looks like this

jXfofp0.jpg

My apologies for any confusion. :)

I own all the expansions and stuff packs apart from Sweet Treats so there is a lot still missing there, including Showtime which may mean that simporting still won't work for me although I have not tested that. Basically all that is showing as registered are the expansions and stuff packs that I bought a few weeks ago during the Steam winter sale - but it does at least allow me to send gifts to my friends again.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/869139/site-saying-my-games-arent-registered#

I haven't updated to the new patch as I don't want my game tied to Origin. The new patch added an EP's/SP's tab so people can pick and choose what EP's/SP's that they want to play. Apparently the launcher recommends which ones to play for better performance.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/860900/small-update-coming-to-the-pc-version-of-the-sims-3/p1
  • Options
    hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    oh goodness thank you sooo much! this was driving me mad!! i'll have to try the fix.
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    Well that didn't fix it. Grrr. Guess it's just a waiting game now.
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    hellojewby wrote: »
    Well that didn't fix it. Grrr. Guess it's just a waiting game now.

Sorry that it didn't work for you. My guess could be that it's the 1.69 patch that may be keeping it from working as like I said, I don't have the patch. I have seen others saying that it didn't work in the game while it did work for some. Some have also suggested changing your profile picture which I did both on my page itself and in the game and neither one of them worked for me. So maybe try to change your profile picture while in game and see what happens.

I did inform SimGuruDrake about this issue last month and she replied back that she would inform the team about it. Plus I just sent her another message yesterday informing her of the workarounds that other people have tried and to ask her if there was any word on it yet but I haven't seen or heard anything yet.
  • Options
    Thanks soo much. I'll definitely try the profile picture thing tonight, too.
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    JessicaB9188JessicaB9188 Posts: 407 Member
    edited March 2016
    I know this post was from last month, but I wanted to add what ended up working for me. I tried doing a custom memory and it didn't work. I figured it would hurt to try a standard game created memory. The game created memory being shared is what worked for me! :D Just in case anyone still has this issue! I just did this today, btw and was able to send gifts immediately!
    JessiBeau Here! :D
    Hop on over to my YouTube Channel if you'd like!
  • Options
    VickiGVickiG Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey guys is there a way of getting around the issue of only being able to play a couple of expansion packs at a time? I've got almost all of them and I'm kind of annoyed that I can only play 2 at a time, it's a nuisance really!
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    VickiG wrote: »
    Hey guys is there a way of getting around the issue of only being able to play a couple of expansion packs at a time? I've got almost all of them and I'm kind of annoyed that I can only play 2 at a time, it's a nuisance really!

You can select all expansions and stuff packs via the launcher if you have Patch 1.69.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.