Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

alien world

Anyone been yet? Its so beautiful
To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016

I was never there, unfortunately. I never got to finish the scientist career because I got sick and tired of the goals and I have never felt like spending time to build a space ship, maybe I'll do it someday :)

I have seen screenshots however but it's never the same thing as actually play it. :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Its a beautiful world but quite empty
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,021 Member
    It's beautiful, but they should have made it were it opened a lot to build on there... When u finally made it there. I know some people build there using cheats, but I rarely use anything other than the money cheat.
  • Options
    I never knew there was a cheat for that
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    2drdtuw.jpg

My sim entering the alien portal:
    F6XguOC.png

Sixam's Sky:
    BDMtWAx.png

Some of the plants:
    irvKDy3.png

Floating Rocks (Mountains?):
    jFJQIPd.png

Im guessing this is a city of some kind?
    UdfFcn3.png

And My sim meeting another alien with the alien handshake:
    yTIyt1f.png
    YUWPPtg.png
    aeTVbl5.png

This is my favorite spot:
    QLxvzvd.png
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Its such a beautiful place
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    I've been there before and right now my sim is building a rocket to once again visit the planet.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I love Sixam! It's such a stunning place to visit, and I hope they bring it to us as a full on neighborhood someday. I'd love to have the experience where "normal" sims are the aliens then. ;)
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016
    Simfan923 wrote: »

Im guessing this is a city of some kind?
    UdfFcn3.png

That looks spectacular! I kind of wish we could go there and explore the alien city :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,629 Member
    Oooo I never seen it! More pictures please!

Maybe you should put "spoiler" for people who haven't seen it yet? IDK
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    I dunno how to if u were talkin to me
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,629 Member
    Oh well anyone really. o:) I would love to see more photos. <3
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Sixam is awesome! But I wish that it would've had more than just one lot and had a couple more finished community lots (like an alien bar/club). :)
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited February 2016
    I have been there many times. And yes, it's beautiful there. I just wish that they would open it up some more. So the sims can see a bit more of the plant. Surely the aliens don't live under the rocks there. Why not add an alien city that played sims Aliens or Humans can visit?
    Post edited by sunman502 on
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    They have said they will open up worlds a bit more in future EPs, right? I hope so, at least.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2016
    Yeah but like the base game it is only half done. It's an alien WORLD - so where are their houses? Where are their stores and recreation facilities. There is no way any race could live there with no place to live and nothing to do. Beauty does not shelter a being , feed or clothe it - the world is half done at most. Just like the other hidden lots - just looking different with nothing in them and no real point to their existence is shallow at the least. I don't even understand how they can call these hidden worlds - they are again just a big empty lot with a certain type of foliage and fish but nothing else.

Sims 3 had a better idea - jump in a teleport and come out into a real world with a future society, plants, animals, buildings, homes - now that is a world - like we had in ITF and I would at the least expect a version of something like that. This makes no sense to me in Sims 4.

Tell me if in Alice in Wonderland if she had fell down a hole and ended up somewhere like the so called Alien world - well there would not be much of a story would it? That's how I feel about this world and the hidden lots - they are rather pointless.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited February 2016
    yes though small its very charming :)
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I was never there, unfortunately. I never got to finish the scientist career because I got sick and tired of the goals and I have never felt like spending time to build a space ship, maybe I'll do it someday :)

I have seen screenshots however but it's never the same thing as actually play it. :)

love knowing people's different takes on things! of the three careers i thought the scientist the most fun not too hard and less game data corruption and i dont even care for aliens. maybe its because i had less expectation since this it wasnt my thing. but i thought it was really fast and easy. unlike the doctor which took forever!!!!!!!!!!!! and had too many issues :D and the detective for me was too repetitive

but this is my long way of saying :) the little world is really cute not much to do but still very charming i say use the cheat!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I've been there once. There really wasn't anything to do unless you're playing out the science career, but I do not like the repetitive goals for that career so I don't even play it.
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Really enjoying the scientist career so definitely looking forward to going, even though it's pretty much just for collectibles. Might cheat to build there.
  • Options
    ctroihd1ctroihd1 Posts: 218 Member
    My scientist is level 7 or is it 8 now? I have built the wormhole generator. But so far I don't have the option to visit the planet. Although I did have an alien come through and visit me! But he didn't take me back with him. I was sad. Wondering if later I will have upgrades to make to the wormhole generator to allow me to travel through?
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Nah I built the portal, but never went through.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    @ctroihd1 I'm pretty sure to visit Sixam you have to be a level 10 scientist or have level 10 rocket science skill and upgrade your rocket.
    funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,375 Member
    I've been there once and brought home the alien plants. The garden looks beautiful, especially at night.
    Unfortunately travelling to another planet that's not even in our solar system isn't commonplace in my either of my saves, so Sixam will be a rare treat for my sims.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    It's beautiful! Sixam reminds me of Pandora.
    "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III