Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Hunger Never Fills To Max

shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
My sims are always hungry. I have the best stove and fridge you can get in the game, and still their hunger bar never goes to the max :( Is there someway I can get my sims hunger to fill up?

Comments

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited February 2016
    You can use the lifetime aspiration benefits so that their hunger need decays slower.

588965-aspirationbenefits.jpg

Anyway, needs in Ts2 are harder and one has to learn to live with it. Coming back from TS4 I used to worry that my sims needs were not always maxed out (like they easily are in TS3 and TS4) but now I'm okay as long as their bars are all at least half full lol
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2016
    shadowicia wrote: »
    My sims are always hungry. I have the best stove and fridge you can get in the game, and still their hunger bar never goes to the max :( Is there someway I can get my sims hunger to fill up?

TS2 has food points. Cereal will not fill the meter or last very long. Turkey and salmon will last most of the day. There is a reason you buy a better stove (food points) and learn to cook better foods in TS2. If those don't fill up your Sim then you have a bug.

ETA: Put fresh veggies in your fridge (also buy a better fridge check the food points on the description) or fresh fruit. (In Seasons EP) this will make all foods they cook sparkly and this will fill them up faster and last longer. It's a great way to allow them to eat a grilled cheese (hardly any food points) and it sparkle and stay full longer etc.

ETA: Those fridges in Kitchen and bath are also left unfixed/bugged. That is why I said buy a better fridge one from base game will work to add food points.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Think about it, we never have just one slice of pizza do we? :D
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Plus fresh grown veggies/fruit added to the fridge will fill them up even faster. The fridge keeps track of the fresh food points if you check... The food sparkles if there is fresh food. :)
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

TS2 has food points. Cereal will not fill the meter or last very long. Turkey and salmon will last most of the day. There is a reason you buy a better stove (food points) and learn to cook better foods in TS2. If those don't fill up your Sim then you have a bug.

ETA: Put fresh veggies in your fridge (also buy a better fridge check the food points on the description) or fresh fruit. (In Seasons EP) this will make all foods they cook sparkly and this will fill them up faster and last longer. It's a great way to allow them to eat a grilled cheese (hardly any food points) and it sparkle and stay full longer etc.

ETA: Those fridges in Kitchen and bath are also left unfixed/bugged. That is why I said buy a better fridge one from base game will work to add food points.

I've been playing the sims 2 since it was release and I never knew the food had points...
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Plus fresh grown veggies/fruit added to the fridge will fill them up even faster. The fridge keeps track of the fresh food points if you check... The food sparkles if there is fresh food. :)

Oh so thats why. Thank you :)
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    > @cleo00 said:
    > Think about it, we never have just one slice of pizza do we? :D

LOL
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    Ive been playing this game since it came out and had no idea about the fresh food. lol What else have I been missing? :o
  • Options
    geniejgeniej Posts: 107 New Member
    I'm sorry for posting like this since i can't create my own thread but can anyone point me in the right direction on finding out which meals my sims can cook that will satisfy their hunger the longest? any suggestions would be appreciated :)
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    geniej wrote: »
    I'm sorry for posting like this since i can't create my own thread but can anyone point me in the right direction on finding out which meals my sims can cook that will satisfy their hunger the longest? any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Lobster Thermidor, Salmon, Pork chops, and Turkey are the best. Along with most fish dishes you can cook from fish you caught. You could also have a small garden, adding fresh food to any meal increases its hunger points.
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @geniej
    The fitter your Sims are, (in my opinion) the quicker their metabolism and more hungry they are; however they can take protein shakes from the fridge to reduce their hunger. I also think if the Sim studies Physiology, in some ways it controls their hunger need?
    The best 'filling' meals tend to require high cooking skill points as @jules1111 suggests but if your Sim only has a couple of cooking skill points, I would recommend Macaroni Cheese, Spaghetti and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (for the 'yummy' aroma).
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    edited November 2016
    The only effect of physiology I’ve noticed is sims’ fitness – if a sim learns physiology, their fitness increases instead of decreasing if they eat when they’re not hungry (hunger bar full).

The easiest way is to make a pond in your sims’ house garden, catch some fish and use them to prepare a meal (use serve so you have multiple portions). The fish dish will be sparkly like food prepared from fresh ingredients, and will fulfil hunger very fast, your sims won’t even need to eat the whole portion, unless their hunger is very low. And don’t let the food spoil – put the leftovers into the fridge, so you can have a fulfilling meal without bothering with cooking :)
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

What are their cooking skills and what are they making? Are they using fresh ingredients? Also what is their health and happiness level? Platinum sims who are fit seem to stay filled up far longer. And in Sims 2, they usually need to eat a few times a day (breakfast, lunch or snack, and dinner). Finally, fresh ingredients and higher cooking skills fill up and satisfy your sims more. In fact, you'll find that Sims who cook with fresh ingredients with high level cooking skills usually can't even finish their meals.

It's amazing and awesome how well thought the simple task of eating is in TS2... real smarter sims :relaxed: