Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not many forum-active Sims 2'ers?

cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
Every time I get on here lately this is the first place I check and so often it's like nothing is being replied to! Replies run rampant in the ts3 section.

Are there really not that many of us? Or am I just incredibly impatient? :D

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I honestly just keep forgetting about this section. I also don't browse the web much when I play S2, unlike when I played S4. I guess it's just more engrossing to me.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Landscapes101Landscapes101 Posts: 91 Member
    This Forum at this site doesn't have many TS2 fans, mostly people interested in the newest games. If you want a more active TS2 community try Mod The Sims or Garden of Shadows
  • Options
    Yeah, I am on those as well.

This is just my automatic go-to place.

Bummer.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I still play the game. Just harder to find this section of forums sometimes. Hi.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    They are here they just don't post in this section as much I guess. I know I'm one, Windweaver is one, but goes back and forth between TS2 and TS3. Rflong is another who still plays and many others.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Yeah, @Rflong7 has been very helpful to me in setting up my sims 2 stuff on my laptop :D

I normally alternate between 2 and 3, but haven't actually touched 3 in a couple weeks now. So I haven't been in that section of the forums as much as here.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I keep thinking I need to post screen pics of what's going on with my favorite TS2 neighborhoods & sims. Problem is, lately I don't have much time other than to read the forum for a few minutes here and there.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I keep thinking I need to post screen pics of what's going on with my favorite TS2 neighborhoods & sims. Problem is, lately I don't have much time other than to read the forum for a few minutes here and there.

My issue is I've been playing S2 since 2004. I keep feeling like everyone's seen everything I could possibly comment on.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @kremesch73
    I have too, the thing is though I was 7 in 2004 so this game is my entire life. I wouldn't mind if you told me/showed me something I'd seen. I love it too much.

Edit: just counted on my fingers and perhaps I was 8. I am not sure. I lack math skills.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm still here! Long term sims 2 obsessive!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    cleo00 wrote: »
    @kremesch73
    I have too, the thing is though I was 7 in 2004 so this game is my entire life. I wouldn't mind if you told me/showed me something I'd seen. I love it too much.

Edit: just counted on my fingers and perhaps I was 8. I am not sure. I lack math skills.

Heh. I'll try to keep that in mind. Maybe if something catches my eye or attention, I'll post something about it. I'm kind of weird with my S2 sims. My game is very private to me. Not for perverse reasons or anything. It's mostly because it caters best to my bizarre imagination and I feel like it's a personal extension to me. But now that their generations are moving away from the original founders, I'm not feeling as privately about them any more. I'm enjoying it for the evolution of each generation.

I have a few cousins living with their Aunt. I have other couples that are starting off their families. Some couples are childless. Others just haven't found a good match yet.

I play in a very restrictive way. I don't allow my sims to build skills unless they need them for work or I become bored with them as an elder. I just lost one to old age that never learned to cook, for example. His husband was luckily a great cook. The one who died never had any children of his own, but his husband was a player before they met and he has one son. His son and his wife and granddaughter lived with him until he passed away. Now they take care of their aging grandfather until he passes away.

Another family is all witches. Their lineage branches all over my game and its their ritual to turn their children into witches at the brink of teenhood whether the child wishes it or not. This sometimes results in complete aspiration failure, but it's the way of the clan. So it must be done.

I also never allow my sims to pair up unless they have three bolts for each other, but there are cases where some gold-diggers have found their ways past this and ruined their lives. It just happens.

I play on their wants, but I sometimes play on their fears. I also play with their interests and whether I decide if they're a lucky sim or an unlucky sim. With the number of households I play, it would be difficult for me to really share what's going on in my game, simply because this is all going on in a single neighbourhood.

It's pretty much my world, and nothing else has been able to live up to it.
  • Options
    Your game sounds so much fun, I'd definitely love to see it! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Hehe. I just played for a bit today. Off and on between housework. I'm playing in Rocket Town right now. All the families here are the Highwinds. Rocket Town is a subhood of the Main Midgar Neighbourhood.

The household I'm playing is owned by Johnny Highwind. He's a second-generation of one of the original founders and a science enthusiast. He's also a mad scientist. He can't stay away from the telescope for very long. His sister, Gina, moved in with him since neither of them can seem to find a suitable mate. She figured he needed the help with his children and all. He's also pregnant again while rearing his second daughter, Lily. He has 5 days left until he's an elder.

His first daughter is named Psyliah. He was abducted by the Kalish aliens. So, she's a little scaly, translucent, and on the orange spectrum (red hair and orange-hued skin). She grew up well and married one of the Grim boys. He comes from a Sector 2 witch clan, but he hasn't made her one of them yet. He adores her dearly. He has 5 brothers and 1 sister (all witches) and is the 3rd generation of his family. I can't take a screen shot of her yet because I'm not playing her right now, but I do have an older one I can show.

Lily is the result of her father being abducted by the Delvian aliens. They're bluish and blonde, plant-based aliens. She's throwing up on her pregnant father right now. She just learned to use the potty on her own and he got so excited about it. So she barfed. Hehe.

I have no idea what kind of alien he'll give birth to next, but I'm about to find out.

His sister Gina, just came home from work in her PJ's. Not sure why. She's at the top of the Culinary career and is a Popularity sim who loves music and dance. She has 23 days until she becomes an elder. They have 2 other brothers named C.i.d and Peter--hate that C.i.d's name is turned to plum. Peter and his wife are attempting to murder their Servo, but it's proving to be a difficult feat.

He just gave birth to a Nebari Alien this time. The Nebari race is gray-skinned, and males have black hair while females have white hair. His name is Kyrn, and Lily aged up. I'll add some pics later. This forum is acting up and saving my post before I'm meaning to save :\
    Post edited by kremesch73 on
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    So, as promised, here are my Screenshots for today's session :)
    As mentioned, Johnny lives in Rocket Town (a subhood of Midgar). This is his hometown. Their family isn't very big yet, so only 3 families live here:
    Snapshot.jpg
    His house was prebuilt during my 2-year project to build this entire world. It's fairly modest and rustic. This particular home has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms:
    Here's the lot:
    Exteriror.jpg
    The first floor:
    1stFloor.jpg
    The second floor
    2ndFloor.jpg
    His sister-in-law is from the Perkins family living in the Farmlands Subhood. She is married to Peter Highwind, Johnny's brother, and she came by to visit:
    Evelyn.jpg
    Johnny was hungry for French Toast, so he had some with bacon and eggs (a mod):
    FrnchToastJohnny.jpg
    Here's Johnny reading the science section of the newspaper while his sister, Gina, plays the violin and his daughter, lily watches
    FullHouse.jpg
    Here is Gina coming home from work in her PJs:
    JenInPjs.jpg
    Here's a close-up of Johnny relaxing in bed, wondering what on earth he is going to have this time:
    JohnnyRelaxing.jpg
    He didn't have to wait long! He had a Nebari this time. He is the first sim in this world who hasn't been favoured by one particular alien race. He feels lucky! Baby Kyrn:
    Kyrn.jpg
    Here's a close-up of toddler Lily barfing on Daddy. Good times...:
    LilyBarf.jpg
    Here's Lily playing with her older sister's (Psyliah's) old tonberry toy. Psyliah was not very nice. Lily should have had a moogle to play with, but Daddy never bothered to replace it.
    PsyliahTonberry-Dirty.jpg
    Lily turned into a child and strangely looks a lot like her Delvian Mother:
    LilyChild.jpg
    I managed to dig up an old image of sister Psyliah and her husband doing what they love doing most They live in Sector 2 (a subhood):
    Untitled-1.jpg
    Just to make sense of my aliens, here is an old image I took of my Polination Technicians (from left to right: Chiana--a Nebari, Zhaan--a Delvian, Grayza--a Peacekeeper, and Sikozu--a Kalish) They're the lovely ladies from far off who are attempting to take over my world. But when Sims like Johnny exist, it makes it very difficult to thwart off the invation. Oh yes. It's a mod (credits go to several simmers long-gong and maybe still present to help me create this one):
    AlienPTs.jpg
  • Options
    Mafe5125Mafe5125 Posts: 294 Member
    Hi, hello! I continue to play TS2. Avidly. ;-) But I also noticed that not many simmers check this section of the forums. It gets lonely sometimes.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    I got the Ultimate Collection through Origin and have been playing it since then, but I usually hang out in the Sims 4 area of the forums (specifically the modding and stories and legacies areas).
  • Options
    Yeah. I'd hang out more here if it were used more. Maybe I'll start posting what's going on in my game whenever I play (and encourage others) to keep it going. Truthfully, I'd rather hang out in this section.
  • Options
    I love this section! Would love to hear what's happening in other people's games!

I've just started a new legacy, my 2nd generation heir was went to university. She's a romance sim and wants to have 20 simultaneous lovers. If I knew how to post pics I would!
  • Options
    @Goldbear86 To post pics, the picture you want to post must be uploaded online (sites such as photobucket, imgur, and tinypic are good for this). To put that picture in your post, type [img*]picture url here[/img*] without the *s.
  • Options
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @Goldbear86 To post pics, the picture you want to post must be uploaded online (sites such as photobucket, imgur, and tinypic are good for this). To put that picture in your post, type [img*]picture url here[/img*] without the *s.

Thank you! I will try it when I play next!
  • Options
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    Pegasus143 wrote: »

Thank you! I will try it when I play next!
    You're welcome. :)
  • Options
    I also write a short story with Sims 2- it's for the monthly short story contest that we have in the ts4 stories and legacies section, but it's open to all sims games. My story is called Words Never Heard.
  • Options
    @kremesch73 been busy getting back into yhe swing of university so just checked out your pictures now.

I can never seem to play with alien races or any kind of non human sim much. But you make it seem very fun. Especially seeing what the children look like.
  • Options
    MomoChuMomoChu Posts: 6 New Member
    I definitely still play - sometimes I feel like TS4 lacks some of the goodness from TS2, though
  • Options
    Stormy_WintersStormy_Winters Posts: 127 Member
    I still play :blush: