Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's there to do at the Ancient Ruins?

Hello,

I only recently started playing Sims 4 again after a three-month hiatus. I've been playing in Windenberg. Was wondering what there was to do at the Ancient Ruins? Doesn't seem to be anything other than a bonfire. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Best Regards,
Nik von Ruden

P.S. I'm disappointed that most neighborhoods have no or very few collectibles. But I am enjoying the clubs!
Origin ID: nik24x7

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    You get invited to parties there, but basically you can put whatever items you want there so if you want to visit during the day, you have something to do :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    You can get invited to attend dance parties there or use it as a desination for parties that you hold. You can add items to the 20x15 lot that is there.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Nothing. XD

You can always add stuff there for your sims tho but I didn't do that cuz I don't like editing premade lots.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I added an outdoor cinema to mine to give the lot more use when there is no party. You could also camp there at night, it's a little spooky. Someone else made a wedding venue there for the lit-up ruins as backdrop. Up to you really.
  • Options
    AubreyHartAubreyHart Posts: 132 Member
    I like the wedding venue idea, I will wait until the Romantic Pack comes out to edit the lot to a wedding venue.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    It looks like there would be a hidden passage there, like the Sylvan Glade, but there isn't. Maybe in an update, eventually, because I think it has potential. Otherwise, the above suggestions sound fun too!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Unless there is a party going on the venue is a little useless. Would be cool if there was a way to spawn the parties in the actual ruins.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    The most boring lot in the pack :/

But agree adding your own stuff for a wedding or maybe an outside clubs or cinemas would improve the lot

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I plan to use the lot for my next bunch of classtrip kids. They'll bring tents and spend the night there, socializing, taking photos, that sort of stuff.
    I also ponder making the lot over into an archaeologist camp, but worry what will happen if the game decides to stage a party there. Will my changes to the lot stay intact or will they get resetted in such a case?
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited June 2016
    It just so happens that I entered the Ancient Ruins lot via build mode for the first time today. There is a 20X15 lot that can be built on behind where the parties are held.

I ended up plopping down the styled room from Movie Hangout Stuff and edited it to give a more open feel. I also added a chess table; picnic table; 2 of the Ancient Ruins benches; dart board; child's gaming table and an outdoor shower from OR. There is already a grill and a popcorn machine in that room so my sims can eat; nap; shower; watch movies; play chess and even the kids have an activity besides the movie and chess. Additionally there is a bush on the lot so no need to build a bathroom.

Very nice move by Maxis to provide that little lot to expand the use of the Ancient Ruins.

Edited to show styled room from Movie Hangout not GT.
    Post edited by DOLLDRMS1 on
  • Options
    Lindsmd113Lindsmd113 Posts: 196 Member
    That's where I put the wishing well
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I downloaded a lovely 20x15 lot from the gallery that had greenery, flowers, a wedding arch and seating area and a building with a basement that had a bar, kitchen, bathroom, piano and dancing and dining area. So you could have a wedding there.

There was also a picnic table, grill and chess table too I think.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    When there's a party there, the ruins become BEAUTIFUL and things get wild! You can get invited by people that call you.
  • Options
    BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    I love the idea of adding an outdoor cinema @EmmaVane. I think I might do that too :wink:
    My chaotic simblr
  • Options
    simmer4life3simmer4life3 Posts: 105 Member
    i added the cinema its working out well so far,makes the space useful for now at least
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Lindsmd113 wrote: »
    That's where I put the wishing well

Oh me too! Seemed like the only thing to place on that tiny lot :)
  • Options
    Lindsmd113Lindsmd113 Posts: 196 Member
    Yeah, I felt that the wishing well should be in a cool, old hidden place
  • Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    Lindsmd113 wrote: »
    Yeah, I felt that the wishing well should be in a cool, old hidden place

I agree! The wishing well shouldn't be in an ordinary place imo. Also, the whole Romantic Garden SP sort of fits visually the aesthetic of the Ancient Ruins.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    edited April 2016
    If you add something to a space like the ruins, will you still get invited to parties? And if you do, does what you added disappear?
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    There is just hold a dance party in the Ruins and the DJ booth and bar will both appear. When your asked to go to a party the DJ Booth and bar automatically appear.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    I put in a basement and added a bunch of spa items and a pool to turn it into a Roman bath.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I had an outdoor movie theatre in it for a bit in one save.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    POLLYANNA2POLLYANNA2 Posts: 172 Member
    I have used it for a wedding venue and also put a outdoor yoga area in the 20x15 which was nice. I like the idea of taking a tent and camping there!
    YouTube%20Forum%20Banner_zpsu3ts3wnz.png
    ou can read my Sim-Lit here:
    https://pollyannasims.wordpress.com/

• Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    Great ideas, I think i'll make a wedding venue and a camping bit.
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    @POLLYANNA2
    I wasn't able to pick that lot when planning a wedding :o
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard