Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Add new content for players of expansion packs!

I often ask myself, why only the base game receives new features? Why the expansion packs, in general, almost always, are condemned to the same eternal objects and features? Would not it be interesting if the previously released expansions receive improvements through new interactive objects and features? A few times, when I'm playing Get To Work, specifically in the hospital, I'm thinking: hey, it would be so cool if there was a machine where Sims could donate plasma! It would be nice if there were new interactions, new diseases. And I'm also obviously thinking of new interactive objects to lab and police station. Sometimes I wonder how much the stores could be improved too! The behavior of Sims is so strange when compared to The Sims 2. It was so cool to see the Sims lining up to pay for what they bought at the cash register.

After Get to Work improvements, could have new interactive objects and some new content for players who have get together.

It is sad to see that, overall, the expansions are always frozen in time forever after released. :(

tenor.gif

Comments

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    The only way they could get away with that is if they started another store, and the new objects were sold as premium items. But, truthfully, EA has never added new content to an expansion pack once it's been launched. They've pretty much left it up to the modders and custom content maker. It was modders and CC makers that came up with wheelchairs and hospital equipment in The Sims 2 and the Sims 3, and things of that nature.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah unfortunately, they don't always allow enough time to market new packs like they used to on the game boxes. So it is like release pack and leave it. The Sims 4 is pretty much like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get, but 99.9% of the time it will be young adult/adult life stage related. It would be cool if GTW got lemonade stands and home businesses and a way to make active careers less linear, but sadly like Jarsie said, Simmers have to mostly rely on mods to fix packs now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm a fan of Outdoor Retreat and would love more plants/herbs and potions/salves added in game. There was a recent thread about the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in sims 2 and it had me thinking that adding a love potion into that skill would be nice. I don't think they would put that time into expanding content for an EP though .. it doesn't seem cost effective... so I'm just going to hope for some other pack to add things I want in the game. Like I'm sure we will get witches eventually and maybe I'll get a love potion # 9 and hopefully farming...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'm a fan of Outdoor Retreat and would love more plants/herbs and potions/salves added in game. There was a recent thread about the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in sims 2 and it had me thinking that adding a love potion into that skill would be nice. I don't think they would put that time into expanding content for an EP though .. it doesn't seem cost effective... so I'm just going to hope for some other pack to add things I want in the game. Like I'm sure we will get witches eventually and maybe I'll get a love potion # 9 and hopefully farming...
    The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 was awesome. She would sell all the supernatural cure potions too. I wouldn't mind seeing the return of that NPC.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 was awesome. She would sell all the supernatural cure potions too. I wouldn't mind seeing the return of that NPC.

They made a fortune teller outfit I always wonder what happened to that! I would love to get a fortune teller NPC. BTW the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 was the "Matchmaker" NPC :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

If we ever got attraction system it would be a perfect, in fact beyond perfect time to add content that works with past content which TS2 exceeded at. They could add another cool "recipe" to the herbalism career. As for buying potions they could update the hermit to be able to sell them, since we have that NPC might as well make more use of it too.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

They made a fortune teller outfit I always wonder what happened to that! I would love to get a fortune teller NPC. BTW the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 was the "Matchmaker" NPC :)
    Yeah it was, thanks for the reminder. Yeah I remember seeing that render. It seemed really cool.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

Yes, but they made her bugged when they also used her for something in FT or BV. And she no longer showed up as NPC that came to greet the first family in the hood (if NL installed) anymore. Had to take a mod then a patch that broke a patch and another patch to fix the patch that broke a patch. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.