Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Request* Revamp for Fitness

I miss how in the Sims 2 you could look at your sim's fitness meter to see how fit, normal, or fat they were? I had hoped they would have added it back in Sims 3, but now I'm hoping they will put it in Sims 4. I like how the meter would move up and down, and you knew if your sim needed to workout, or how long it would take until the pounds started to show. Please, bring that back!
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited January 2016
    They did have that in Sims 2. I had forgotten all about that being in Sims 2 until you had brought it up. But I really don't see the need for that since you just simply tell if a sim is fat or thin, and muscular by simply looking at their body in Sims 4.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Yes you can tell that they are fat or thin, or even fit. But with the bar it also told you just how much "wiggle" room your sim had before they gained that extra pound to make them fat, etc. Just like they had the skill bar so you knew how much longer they had before the leveled up a certain skill. So, yes, I would love that fitness meter back.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    You can see it in CAS with cas.fulleditmode too.

There's no wiggle room in TS4, it's not a three stages, it's continuous.
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »

Look, I'm not here for a debate over if there is wiggle room or not. All I simply did was make a request. So, please, stop trying to turn this into a right vs. wrong debate. :D Again, just a whimsical idea. Let it go...
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Debate ? I'm just saying that even with a bar, the effect you're looking for would probably not be there.
  • Options
    Okay, but neither of us are devs. who programmed the game, so we can't say what would or wouldn't be there.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

Look, I'm not here for a debate over if there is wiggle room or not. All I simply did was make a request. So, please, stop trying to turn this into a right vs. wrong debate. :D Again, just a whimsical idea. Let it go...

Defensive much? Sims 4 doesn't have the limitations that Sims 2 had in CAS. Because you're able to clearly tell body types (and make them) it isn't comparable.

HOWEVER! A bar added would be nice, with it decaying slower for athletic sims.
    edited January 2016

Defensive much? Sims 4 doesn't have the limitations that Sims 2 had in CAS. Because you're able to clearly tell body types (and make them) it isn't comparable.

Seriously? I mean what, do people just go around and look for topics to try and attack and accuse others? But to answer your question, no I'm not defensive. And like I said to Neia, I simply was requesting something. Not like they would actually put it in the game. But thanks for your feedback though!

This is what I was referring to, but not just for athletic sims, but all sims.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options

Seriously? I mean what, do people just go around and look for topics to try and attack and accuse others? But to answer your question, no I'm not defensive. And like I said to Neia, I simply was requesting something. Not like they would actually put it in the game. But thanks for your feedback though!

This is what I was referring to, but not just for athletic sims, but all sims.
    Look, no one is attacking you or your idea of bringing back that bar. And yes, you do seem to be very defensive about this by what you put in your comments.

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I don't think I need this in my game. It's whatever but I honestly would prefer them not spending time with this and working on actual important stuff.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    *sigh* Well if I came across and defensive it's because of they way I read certain replies (and the fact that sometimes this environment is very hostile). But I know I'm not being defensive, and like I've said I think twice before, it's not like EA is actually going to put it in the game. I simply suggested an idea, not like they are really going to take note. So calm yourselves, and don't get those panties in a twist. Just an idea, from a player, or wanted to share a feature that they missed. Moving on...
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    I do like your idea about bringing back that bar, and I would have been on board with you on that. If they hadn't made it so that you can tell if a sim is gaining weight or losing weight, or gaining muscle mass or not already in the game. But since they did do that, I just don't see the need to bring that bar back. Now you might think otherwise, and I'm fine with and respect that because it's your opinion. So I'm not saying that you are wrong, and I never did.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2016
    sunman502 wrote: »
    They did have that in Sims 2. I had forgotten all about that being in Sims 2 until you had brought it up. But I really don't see the need for that since you just simply tell if a sim is fat or thin, and muscular by simply looking at their body in Sims 4.

People don't always notice subtle changes in their Sim, and that meter would let them know their Sim is starting to gain weight and will soon be a porker if they don't get it under control. It's much like the scale is to us. We don't know we have gained all that much weight until we step on the scale. We just wonder why our pants are a little tighter than usual. I can't tell on these Sims their belly is starting to protrude outwardly, until I make them take off their clothes (in most cases). Some of the meshes make them look thicker or slimmer and sometimes we can't tell until we make them take off the outer clothes.

ETA: @SimGuruDaniel, in the future, I hope you guys will consider life and death again in these games, and for the first time ever, add a health bar/meter. That would be a fun thing to add for Sims since if we ignore it too long, they keel over. Or start to show signs of illness, even when about half way down they could start to faint etc. People don't come with health meters but it would be good if we did. And sometime I want Sims to have one and it matter in how we care for our Sims. Food for thought.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »

People don't always notice subtle changes in their Sim, and that meter would let them know their Sim is starting to gain weight and will soon be a porker if they don't get it under control. It's much like the scale is to us. We don't know we have gained all that much weight until we step on the scale. We just wonder why our pants are a little tighter than usual. I can't tell on these Sims their belly is starting to protrude outwardly, until I make them take off their clothes (in most cases). Some of the meshes make them look thicker or slimmer and sometimes we can't tell until we make them take off the outer clothes.

ETA: @SimGuruDaniel, in the future, I hope you guys will consider life and death again in these games, and for the first time ever, add a health bar/meter. That would be a fun thing to add for Sims since if we ignore it too long, they keel over. Or start to show signs of illness, even when about half way down they could start to faint etc. People don't come with health meters but it would be good if we did. And sometime I want Sims to have one and it matter in how we care for our Sims. Food for thought.

You've explained it better than I did. Thank you!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!