Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm so sad and so disappointed to say..... I don't like The Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2016

More comparisons:

Alvin and the Chipmunks

512433269_640.jpg

Miraculous Ladybug (except the hair)

tumblr_nyus8hAKRR1uu5wooo1_1280.jpg
    I like the hair and eyelashes better in the Miraculous Ladybug cartoon. The teeth and mouth are nice too. It is fun talking about game and show graphics.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Ellessarr wrote: »

i can say for sure no more than sims 4 which also are worst with they plastic hair and cartoon look.
    I've been watching some shows with my nephews and there are a lot of preschool shows that are reminding me of the artstyle.

Like Chuggington:
    250?cb=20111025183548

Thomas and Friends movie:
    latest?cb=20140410121750

I remember someone else on forums mentioned it being like Sophia the first:
    maxresdefault.jpg

So there is a very Disney Junior look about the Sims.

More comparisons:

Alvin and the Chipmunks

512433269_640.jpg

at last on that shows they hair actually have some "animation" and is less just a plastic wig, the sims 4 hair is not even on par with pixar/disney movies anymore since you have "more animations" not only in hair but in the characters too, sims 4 looks like a "old school" pixar/dreamworks where we had a basic cartoon with very limited animation.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member

i can say for sure no more than sims 4 which also are worst with they plastic hair and cartoon look.
    I've been watching some shows with my nephews and there are a lot of preschool shows that are reminding me of the artstyle.

Like Chuggington:
    250?cb=20111025183548

Thomas and Friends movie:
    latest?cb=20140410121750

I remember someone else on forums mentioned it being like Sophia the first:
    maxresdefault.jpg

So there is a very Disney Junior look about the Sims.

More comparisons:

Alvin and the Chipmunks

512433269_640.jpg

at last on that shows they hair actually have some "animation" and is less just a plastic wig, the sims 4 hair is not even on par with pixar/disney movies anymore since you have "more animations" not only in hair but in the characters too, sims 4 looks like a "old school" pixar/dreamworks where we had a basic cartoon with very limited animation.
    I've begun using custom hairs with my sims in 4 and, for me, it really does help. Makes the sims more tolerable for me.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    @simgirl1010, @Ceres_Meiriona and @Astro, I'm glad you guys have found a way to build a relationship with TS4 but mine was forced at best.

You know, kinda like your best friend's distant, awkward cousin who is visiting over summer vacation and becomes the obligatory third-wheel wherever you go. And while you tried to get to know and like them--hey, you love your best friend--they turn out to be a weird, mouth-breathing nose-picker with personal space issues and you just wind up ditching them at the country fair.

My relationship with TS4 in a nutshell.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    MadgersMadgers Posts: 4 New Member
    I love the graphics for sims 4, but i do feel totally like i've lost the feel for it, the game feels as if it plays for itself now, whoever made Sims 2 had the best idea, i feel really sad how it is all progressing :(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Darkling wrote: »
    Taune247 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 feels like I've lost a best friend and that once close friend is someone that I don't even know any more.

You hit the nail on the head.

Thank goodness I still have TS2 and TS3--those are my ride or dies. B)

For me it feels as though I'm developing a wonderful new relationship with Sims 4 but still have two amazing friends that will always be there. Sims 2 and Sims 3.

HaHa, I had to go back and see what I'd posted 18 months ago. :p Still feel the same. And so many simmers who are no longer with us.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    sadly people are just going to give the advice of then do not play it.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm just happy that we now have four iterations of Sims. This one hit my taste really well. If the next one doesn't, I'll still have it :)

I do hope they make a sims 5. I love playing all the different versions. I have already had so many years of fun and hope to have many more.

I am sad for the people who dislike a version so much, but I guess we can't all like the same things.
  • Options
    mollytrollyzmollytrollyz Posts: 63 Member
    > @halimali1980 said:
    > JoAnne65 wrote: »
    >
    > Nikoa wrote: »
    >
    > Orchid13 wrote: »
    >
    > I know what you mean. However I stopped loving the serie after TS2. TS3 had AMAZING gameplay and the worlds were beautiful, but the sims were so ugly imo, the ugliest I've seen in the serie so I needed CC, lots of it.
    >
    > TS4 is the opposite the game is beautiful, sims are beautiful and if they were more creative we could see amazing worlds too. The problem is the horrible game play its so dull and every SP gets boring within hours and expansion packs within a couple of days.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > While I agree a lot of the auto generated sims and townies in Sims 3 are ugly, I don't think you need CC to make nice looking sims in TS3. If you play around with the sliders enough and edit the sim's outfit's with CASt, you can make some pretty nice looking sims. I'll admit it can be a bit time consuming, but I've seen plenty of decent TS3 sims that aren't covered in CC from head to toe.
    >
    > This is just my opinion of course. I know it's a subjective, but I don't think TS3 sims are as bad as a lot of people make them out to be.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have this theory, that when you like sims to be a bit doll like, or anime like, Sims 3 isn't your game. Sims 3 is more suitable for players who like to create them more realistic. It's not really possible to give them a real anime look because their faces aren't cartoony enough for that. And when you create them doll like, they'll soon become boring, because it makes them puffy.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I love both realistic and anime looks. In my opinion Sims 3 sims had neither. They look like wax dolls. I don't consider this as realistic.

I agree in sims 3 they look like wax dolls, I prefer the look of sims 4 sims
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2017
    > @halimali1980 said:
    > JoAnne65 wrote: »
    >
    > Nikoa wrote: »
    >
    > Orchid13 wrote: »
    >
    > I know what you mean. However I stopped loving the serie after TS2. TS3 had AMAZING gameplay and the worlds were beautiful, but the sims were so ugly imo, the ugliest I've seen in the serie so I needed CC, lots of it.
    >
    > TS4 is the opposite the game is beautiful, sims are beautiful and if they were more creative we could see amazing worlds too. The problem is the horrible game play its so dull and every SP gets boring within hours and expansion packs within a couple of days.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > While I agree a lot of the auto generated sims and townies in Sims 3 are ugly, I don't think you need CC to make nice looking sims in TS3. If you play around with the sliders enough and edit the sim's outfit's with CASt, you can make some pretty nice looking sims. I'll admit it can be a bit time consuming, but I've seen plenty of decent TS3 sims that aren't covered in CC from head to toe.
    >
    > This is just my opinion of course. I know it's a subjective, but I don't think TS3 sims are as bad as a lot of people make them out to be.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have this theory, that when you like sims to be a bit doll like, or anime like, Sims 3 isn't your game. Sims 3 is more suitable for players who like to create them more realistic. It's not really possible to give them a real anime look because their faces aren't cartoony enough for that. And when you create them doll like, they'll soon become boring, because it makes them puffy.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I love both realistic and anime looks. In my opinion Sims 3 sims had neither. They look like wax dolls. I don't consider this as realistic.

I agree in sims 3 they look like wax dolls, I prefer the look of sims 4 sims
    Heep heep hurray. Wax dolls, plastic dolls, I hope a successor finally will give us awesome sims. Untill then I'm quite satisfied with wax and not so satisfied with plastic, because wax somehow turns out more realistic on screen than plastic.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Dislikes of S4-

No Open world(a biggy for me :(:'(:s:# )
    Infants stuck in basinet instead of out in the open as in S3
    No run here; takes forever for them to walk somewhere...
    loading screens
    no collecting butterflies/insects
    Content not as fast as Sims3( some people/simmers like a bunch of content)
    No grocery store(a bar, but no grocery store?)

sim able to cancel out my wishes
    can't control other household sims when my sim is away and have a loading screen just to see them
    Tasks take toooooooo looooong to complete(eating; showers, potty time, & and yet woohoo is over in how many sim seconds :) )
    boy/girl friend & fiancée not in CAS relationships to start a game with
    no food/color/music favorites added to CAS
    When married, the spouse should automatically get a way to change last names
    no body hair
    no cemetery
    no roads/cars
    no largest lot available
    no long hairs no curly hairsas in S3
    no bed making

sims take my toddler out of highchair automatically or they escape by themselves instead of being stuck there till I want my adult to let them out.

Vampire in CAS isn't fully usable with bin sims(before new types of supernaturals are added, I hope they fix this like it was in Sims3; I hate work arounds; I want to be able to see my sims in CAS as different supernaturals like in S3 CAS. :/)

No seasons
    No "Get to Work" command for the workers/cleaners/nanny ect.

There are things I love about it. Ability to save unplayed sims to bin instead of having to befriend them and add them to your house first as in S3.

Ease of saving, getting out of CAS, new sliders in CAS, ability to save/share rooms, ability to move rooms in build, ability to own store/restaurant, ability to see who you are adopting, sims ability to pick up all trash on lot and dispose of it in one action, ability to make a club and have them do your garden work for you with no pay. :)

Build things-move fence, add more than one lot to your lot at a time ect. new roof tool
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    jusMeh wrote: »
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    I honestly didn't enjoy TS2. Like maybe I just can't remember it being fun but I honestly don't see the appeal in it. Maybe that's just me.

I enjoyed Sims 2 so much I was totally addicted to it, maybe even moreso than Sims 3! eta, My favorite was the psychiatrist that appeared when sims went into Aspiration failure. :D

I LOVED the Sims 2. And I always will, but I guess being spoiled by the open world of Sims 3, and the over all game advancement (minus the sims character development, because they aren't as "emotionally" advanced as Sims 2 sims) I just can't play S2 for very long. But it's great to play for 20 minutes or so, and just relive those awesome memories that were created over the years with that game.

Right now I can't play Sims 3 since I don't have enough hard drive space. When I upgrade my pc, I'm getting the largest hard drive that I can afford. lol I'm thinking like 4T should be good!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    jonesboy22jonesboy22 Posts: 64 Member
    Yeah, my dislike for this game increases daily.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I honestly didn't enjoy TS2. Like maybe I just can't remember it being fun but I honestly don't see the appeal in it. Maybe that's just me.

I enjoyed Sims 2 so much I was totally addicted to it, maybe even moreso than Sims 3! eta, My favorite was the psychiatrist that appeared when sims went into Aspiration failure. :D

I LOVED the Sims 2. And I always will, but I guess being spoiled by the open world of Sims 3, and the over all game advancement (minus the sims character development, because they aren't as "emotionally" advanced as Sims 2 sims) I just can't play S2 for very long. But it's great to play for 20 minutes or so, and just relive those awesome memories that were created over the years with that game.

Right now I can't play Sims 3 since I don't have enough hard drive space. When I upgrade my pc, I'm getting the largest hard drive that I can afford. lol I'm thinking like 4T should be good!

I don't know if it's a new PC you need, but if not, if you have space for another hard drive, you could always add that. You can also change the location of your documents to another drive. It's easy enough to do. The applications don't actually take up much space. It's generally everything else that hogs the space.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    kremesch73 wrote: »

I don't know if it's a new PC you need, but if not, if you have space for another hard drive, you could always add that. You can also change the location of your documents to another drive. It's easy enough to do. The applications don't actually take up much space. It's generally everything else that hogs the space.

I know what you are saying, but this is all "French" to me. I feel accomplished when I installed my new video card a few months back. lol Normally the hubby does all that stuff for me, but he's be super busy with work. I just have too many games on my pc, and I only have a one terabyte hard drive. So once Sims 2 and Sims 3 glitched out for me. I had planned on reinstalling them, but then I got Mass Effect Andromeda, Batman, reinstalled Sleeping Dogs. Not to mention that I have GTA V, and GTA IV, along with Episodes from Liberty City. Seven of my Nancy Drew games, and that's just what I have off the top of my head.

Hello, my name is GoldenBuffy and I am a video game hoarder.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options

I know what you are saying, but this is all "French" to me. I feel accomplished when I installed my new video card a few months back. lol Normally the hubby does all that stuff for me, but he's be super busy with work. I just have too many games on my pc, and I only have a one terabyte hard drive. So once Sims 2 and Sims 3 glitched out for me. I had planned on reinstalling them, but then I got Mass Effect Andromeda, Batman, reinstalled Sleeping Dogs. Not to mention that I have GTA V, and GTA IV, along with Episodes from Liberty City. Seven of my Nancy Drew games, and that's just what I have off the top of my head.

Lol. I see that. I thought I was bad.

I'm not as bad as I used to be though. I get pickier about my games as time goes by. I've actually down-graded to accommodate my shrinking library and needs.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I have gone off it now - I have lost 2 Sims to death by laughter.

Probably the most hostile, aggressive and outright nasty game I have ever played - apart from any of the other The Sims games.
  • Options
    plopppo2 wrote: »

Probably the most hostile, aggressive and outright nasty game I have ever played - apart from any of the other The Sims games.

Hm. Guess they're trying to make death easier now. Can't say I'm a fan of emotional deaths though. I'd rather a satellite fall on them, tbh.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member

Hm. Guess they're trying to make death easier now. Can't say I'm a fan of emotional deaths though. I'd rather a satellite fall on them, tbh.

I only have an issue with laughter because it stacks with all happy boosts. You get goof ball who was recently married/engaged and live a decent life in a nice house with high tech upgrades... well it's a death trap really.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    BeJaWa wrote: »

I only have an issue with laughter because it stacks with all happy boosts. You get goof ball who was recently married/engaged and live a decent life in a nice house with high tech upgrades... well it's a death trap really.

Ah. I didn't have that problem. I wonder if they made those deaths easier? Mind you, I never decorated my homes in 4. I can't stand emotional auras and nicely decorated buffs. Maybe that had something to do with it *shrugs*

All I know is I don't like those concepts. It's beyond childish to me.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I don't like TS4 at all anymore. I've given it SO MANY chances to change my mind and it always ends up falling way short. I own everything up to (but not including) the fitness stuff pack and I just can't help but regret how much money I've spent on this iteration. TS4 has ruined almost everything that made me fall in love with the sims. #overit

They'd have to do a lot to win me back (though it seems they won't have to, a lot of simmers who love 4 seem fine glossing over the glaring problems or somehow don't notice them at all). At this point I honestly don't care if they make a sims 5. At least I still have 2 and 3 and I don't have high hopes TS5 would be any better than 4.
  • Options
    BookworkgirlBookworkgirl Posts: 129 Member
    So are you all in agreement then that you are all very unhappy with the sims 4? I wish this post could be just a long list of names of those unhappy! I suppose it could be that we are only a small percentage of those unhappy and others are very happy even though the price is expensive with all the DLC! You paid so much for sim 3 and then only to spend more on the sim 4 which is really the same and this is very depressing.

I wonder if the dev do read this post? :( I bought the game and well no reply from the developers on this?
  • Options
    BookworkgirlBookworkgirl Posts: 129 Member
    edited August 2017
    Dear Fans your cry for change will be heard!
    Aww it's ok OP. Don't feel bad about it. I have to admit Get Together did improve my experience a bit, but I guess with how long the Sims has been around now, there is a high chance that one Sims game might not appeal to you as much as the others. For me, I adored the Sims 1 and 2. With the Sims 3 and 4, they just feel like ok games. I don't regret buying them and I play them, but they don't have the original zing I had for the first two games. Although the recent spicy bug does make things feel a little hotter. XD

Its the price to pay 100+ over for a similar sim game and that money could be spent on other games. Sim 4 is no different to sim 3 it has features not seen in sim 3 but it still offering the same thing. I do not know any other developer who has done this for years! You create more or less the same thing just improved graphics and some new things and then just others past features. Like playing in an online world only to pay $100 to move to another world and seeing the same thing with improve graphics! Like the dinosaur game Ark survival imagine if it did that to their fans? You move to a new world with improved graphics with the same dinosaurs just some new dino and old one not there any more, your dinos can finally have emotions. Or actually like the sim 4 the world become smaller not open world any more! They had to cut off swimming and toddlers for dinosaurs.

It really is heart breaking cause after so many years we all still rationalize that its all good of what is being done we just got to be patient and eventually we will like it. We post threads that we are unhappy but nothing really changes? :( I think the one thing heartbreaking of it all is that none of our post will get heard but I promise you all it will! :) Just keep posting it will be heard!

I just had enough and so depressed after so many years of patients we still are back to the drawing board. :( More action less talk that is how i see change will happen!

The developers will see the change it might take time but it will happen! So thank you to all who has posted their unhappiness here, just keep posting, posting politely and i find a way to make your voice heard! :) The more the better! :) About time we all take notice and not let this thread fade and die.

Game developers are catching up!
    I can tell you all that other big developers are adapting their games to have some features of the sim so if EA does not do drastic improvements on their expensive DLC and how the game is developer. You will see other game developer taking over! :)

You have games that already has
    custom avatars, homes, pets, gardens, jobs, living in a world with other players. Driven economy, looking after animals, even being the animal, no subscription fees, no multiple expensive DLC, there will be jobs careers. So its happening in online worlds. :)

Just look at Android and Apple on the phone and see how they are competing with one another! Which is good cause it keeps price down! :) So this will happen too with the sims it just takes times. :) How about even factories closing down cause they found it cheaper to do it else where even though parts are not being made any more in the land? I do hope EA is taking notice!

I hope we all can campaign and make our voices heard on the sim franchise!
  • Options

Lol. I see that. I thought I was bad.

I'm not as bad as I used to be though. I get pickier about my games as time goes by. I've actually down-graded to accommodate my shrinking library and needs.

Would you believe that is me down sizing. lol And it's a shame, because like with my Nancy Drew games. I've beaten them already, but I just can't delete them. smh

How do you get them to die from laughter? I have yet for that to happen. Or elder woohoo death.

So true. I use to fear them going out to cloud gaze or star gaze. And I can remember at least two of my sims dying via that method. It was so out of the ordinary and unexpected. But I loved it. And of course I rolled with it, and saved the game. And in Sims 3 I've had at least two sims die from a meteor. I want those deaths back, not these silly emotional ones. Makes no sense.
    I don't like TS4 at all anymore. I've given it SO MANY chances to change my mind and it always ends up falling way short. I own everything up to (but not including) the fitness stuff pack and I just can't help but regret how much money I've spent on this iteration. TS4 has ruined almost everything that made me fall in love with the sims. #overit

They'd have to do a lot to win me back (though it seems they won't have to, a lot of simmers who love 4 seem fine glossing over the glaring problems or somehow don't notice them at all). At this point I honestly don't care if they make a sims 5. At least I still have 2 and 3 and I don't have high hopes TS5 would be any better than 4.

I feel ya. The only packs I've actually paid for at full price has been Parenthood and the fitness one. And I will be getting the toddler one 'cause I want it. lol But I've waited until sales, and I've also won three packs from other simmers. I agree with you, what has made me fall in love with teh series since the start, has been ripped away and it's a sad shame. At this point if we get a Sims 5, I'm going to be really cautious with it. I'm like, once bitten, twice shy.
    So are you all in agreement then that you are all very unhappy with the sims 4? I wish this post could be just a long list of names of those unhappy! I suppose it could be that we are only a small percentage of those unhappy and others are very happy even though the price is expensive with all the DLC! You paid so much for sim 3 and then only to spend more on the sim 4 which is really the same and this is very depressing.

I wonder if the dev do read this post? :( I bought the game and well no reply from the developers on this?

There are many players who are very unhappy with the way the series is/was(?) headed. The game is what it is. It's not a life simulator or a sandbox game, and you have to play it vastly differently that the previous Sims games. I've said it before, this game is like a side The Sims game, like Sims Castaway, or Sims Life Stories. And honestly, that's how it should have been marketed. And you know all the other issues with the game itself.

So, yeah, I am very unhappy that this is what we, as simmers, and long time supporters of the franchise, has been given. And with no acknowledgement that they messed up. Just the whole "new vision" spill. I want my life simulator back, dang it! lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »

Ah. I didn't have that problem. I wonder if they made those deaths easier? Mind you, I never decorated my homes in 4. I can't stand emotional auras and nicely decorated buffs. Maybe that had something to do with it *shrugs*

All I know is I don't like those concepts. It's beyond childish to me.
    And then some people say that TS4 is targeted at 16-24 yrs olds just like hardcore action games, hardcore sports games, hardcore war games and hardcore RPG games are :D

No, nothing can convince me that the main target group isn't younger and too inexperienced for hardcore games at all ;)