Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm so sad and so disappointed to say..... I don't like The Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited January 2016
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I'm just happy that we now have four iterations of Sims. This one hit my taste really well. If the next one doesn't, I'll still have it :)

and this is why maxis/ea aways will be lazy and greedy as longs peoples are happying buying anything and don't care if they like or not, if the price based on the content amount is fair, basically "shut up and take my money" this why sims 4 failed to a sucess like previous sims, this is why maxis don't take more time to make the game and why we have many cheap animations and others problems.

When i understand which some peoples are Super shoppers or die hard and name is more than enough to sell something this just make then want be more lazy and greedy.

I Stopped a long time ago because was easy to see the "direction" of sims 4, which will be a "cheap game" with cheap packs" for peoples which just like childsh humor, characters making ugly and unrealistic faces with a very robotic and basic AI or just love play "doll house" and things like that, if you are looking for a "more realistic and better detailed graphics or a game which use "AAA games level of details graphic" then sims 4 is not for you because as the dev told "its too difficult and expensive".
    I think you may be misinterpreting luthienrising; I think she means if she won't like the next Sims game, she'll still have Sims 4 to go back to.

Thanks, @JoAnne65. That's exactly what I meant. I've also never, in my entire life, bought something not caring if I like it or not. That's a lot of decades of buying stuff, for the record. I'm buying Sims 4 stuff because I like it; it's a fun game with a wide range of humor that appeals to me, with a graphics and animation style that appeals to me. Sorry you, @Ellessarr, don't like the game, but your personal taste not matching this particular produce does not make the product cheap or its creators lazy or greedy, and it does not mean that people buying it do so in spite of not liking it; it just makes it not for you. That's all.
    Quality don't have nothing do to with "taste", peoples can like low quality things it's fine and can make when you see the "lack" of things and the promisse of "maybe give it later" in patchs, that when you are wrong or maybe you can show me your dictionary where say which quality = taste.

If we can easy point all the game fails and lack this this is not about taste about game fails.

We know where goes most of this game budgets(to the online version) and we ended knowing some of what happened behind the scenes then make easy to know which this particular game read have "low quality" in comparassion with previous games.

Where is "quality" defined in a way that makes for a completely objective measure for a video game? I've never seen such a thing as an objective quality measure for any leisure or cultural or creative product, games among them.
    I never told which quality is just "for video game" you can find a lot of exemples outside video games, you had the "new coke" as one exemple:
    http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/quality
    Definition of quality in English:
    noun (plural qualities)
    1 [mass noun] The standard of something as measured against other things of a similar kind; the degree of excellence of something: an improvement in product quality [count noun]: these colleges provide a better quality of education
    we are talking about a game then we are talking about this game quality with comparing with others games we can see low quality.

We can see by graphics the "low quality" in the lack of rounded things, we can see with some actions have more "simple animations" than previous sims, look at sims 3 eat ice and sims 4 eat ice, the lack of "tongs", if you actually do care about "quality" you can easy catch all the fails which make this game quality look low compared with others AAA games from the same age and compared with previous games, is really strange when previous games show more "animations" than the new one.

Again i'm not working yet in game develop but i have friends which work on it and currently studie for it and after talked with my friends and teacher and they seems to agree on that point which sims 4 really fail when comes to provide the spectated quality in improviment which he was supposed to bring.
    this might be what you think but the sims4 is not a failure its a great game and do not lack any thing
    I never told which the game is a failure...
    Failure is if him "failed" in the sense which not "sold" he failed to be a sucess as previous games and it's a true unless you can show me some source saying which sims 4 was passed previous sims games as best seller and ea is proud and all the EA bla bla bla, this game don't fail in sales he failed in get the same public as previous games.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I'm just happy that we now have four iterations of Sims. This one hit my taste really well. If the next one doesn't, I'll still have it :)

and this is why maxis/ea aways will be lazy and greedy as longs peoples are happying buying anything and don't care if they like or not, if the price based on the content amount is fair, basically "shut up and take my money" this why sims 4 failed to a sucess like previous sims, this is why maxis don't take more time to make the game and why we have many cheap animations and others problems.

When i understand which some peoples are Super shoppers or die hard and name is more than enough to sell something this just make then want be more lazy and greedy.

I Stopped a long time ago because was easy to see the "direction" of sims 4, which will be a "cheap game" with cheap packs" for peoples which just like childsh humor, characters making ugly and unrealistic faces with a very robotic and basic AI or just love play "doll house" and things like that, if you are looking for a "more realistic and better detailed graphics or a game which use "AAA games level of details graphic" then sims 4 is not for you because as the dev told "its too difficult and expensive".
    I think you may be misinterpreting luthienrising; I think she means if she won't like the next Sims game, she'll still have Sims 4 to go back to.

Thanks, @JoAnne65. That's exactly what I meant. I've also never, in my entire life, bought something not caring if I like it or not. That's a lot of decades of buying stuff, for the record. I'm buying Sims 4 stuff because I like it; it's a fun game with a wide range of humor that appeals to me, with a graphics and animation style that appeals to me. Sorry you, @Ellessarr, don't like the game, but your personal taste not matching this particular produce does not make the product cheap or its creators lazy or greedy, and it does not mean that people buying it do so in spite of not liking it; it just makes it not for you. That's all.
    Quality don't have nothing do to with "taste", peoples can like low quality things it's fine and can make when you see the "lack" of things and the promisse of "maybe give it later" in patchs, that when you are wrong or maybe you can show me your dictionary where say which quality = taste.

If we can easy point all the game fails and lack this this is not about taste about game fails.

We know where goes most of this game budgets(to the online version) and we ended knowing some of what happened behind the scenes then make easy to know which this particular game read have "low quality" in comparassion with previous games.

And that's completely opinion based, so try again.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Astro wrote: »

how???? you can explain??? how have missing features to be added later, have a small world, have a much less detailed graphics and others things is "opnion"

you must learn the means of opnion:
    http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/opinion
    Definition of opinion in English:
    noun
    1A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge: that, in my opinion, is right the area’s residents share vociferous opinions about the future
    opnion is when you don't have a solid base about something and use your own "taste over it"
    in the moment you have a base and proofs toward something stop to be opnion

Or maybe you can point what dictionary say which taste = quality
    then before say "which is only my "opnion" at last try to understand the difference between then.
  • Options

how???? you can explain??? how have missing features to be added later, have a small world, have a much less detailed graphics and others things is "opnion"

noun
    1A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge: that, in my opinion, is right the area’s residents share vociferous opinions about the future
    opnion is when you don't have a solid base about something and use your own "taste over it"

then before say "which is only my "opnion" at last try to understand the difference between then.

Less detailed graphics, smaller world, all those "fails" are opinions. Yes, people actually like them. /taste not quality.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

noun

Less detailed graphics, smaller world, all those "fails" are opinions. Yes, people actually like them. /taste not quality.
    how they are opnion then the fact wich the sims in sims 4 don't have a tong(or the tong is just a cosmetic paint) make then equal with previous games where you have characters with a "tong" which have animations?? how this is opnion

ok man you love the game and don't care i get it but saying which that things are just opnion is show how much "based is you"

your posts really are more about your personnal "opnion than facts".

If you want to argue something at last bring facts please.
  • Options

noun

how they are opnion then the fact wich the sims in sims 4 don't have a tong(or the tong is just a cosmetic paint) make then equal with previous games where you have characters with a "tong" which have animations?? how this is opnion

ok man you love the game and don't care i get it but saying which that things are just opnion is show how much "based is you"

I'm biased because I said something was an opinion when it clearly is? Ok.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

noun

exactly then your post is just a biased opnion.
    If you can't proof or point something against the facts which i posted, then this don't means which you are right and its is a fact, again facts =/= opnion.

just because your opnion the game is pefect don't change the fact which we have facts which proof the opposite.
  • Options

noun

exactly then your post is just a biased opnion the moment you can't proof or point something against the facts which i posted, again facts =/= opnion.

When did I ever try to prove a point about what the game is and isn't failing at? I just said that you were stating an opinion which you though was fact.
  • Options

noun

exactly then your post is just a biased opnion the moment you can't proof or point something against the facts which i posted, again facts =/= opnion.

When did I ever try to prove a point about what the game is and isn't failing at? I just said that you were stating an opinion which you though was fact.

if i have facts basing on it then are facts not just "opnion", i'm using facts to base my opnion and points the fails in the game.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited January 2016
    The Sims 3 is the greatest Sims game ever made!

Feel free to check out the TS3 General Discussion where TS3 players hang out :smile:

The Sims 3, it is happening now! :smiley:
    That is your own opinion that I don't share I think that game is boring on top of bugs that make it hard to play.
    Now let me see..., screenshot from my computer sunday january 17th at 18:17 somewhere in The Netherlands:

Screenshot-242_zpsay6nb19l.png

Yep, sims 3 sure is happening now for some of us ;)

edit: that CC skin by the way is a brand new one, just created by Kurasoberina, which also proves the game is still happening ;)
    The point of that was you know you can't change my opinions so why try. LOL By the way love that sim he looks hot and yummy. The skin looks awesome to.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member

noun

if i have facts basing on it then are facts not just "opnion", i'm using facts to base my opnion and points the fails in the game.

I have to agree with @Astro , Your "facts" are opinions. I for instance think 4's graphics are better and more detailed than 3's. But that could be that I prefer the more cartoonish nature of 4's graphics. You obviously like 3's graphics better. But you cant state that 3's graphics are better as "fact". the quality of Graphics, gameplay, animations, and mechanics are all opinion. One could even say the 90's Mario games have better graphics than GTA V. They think they are better, but it its no fact that it is better. Graphics definitely are "tastes". The person that says GTA V graphics are better, just prefers them. Now of course you can get in to the amount of pixels and stuff, but still it is a taste.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Options

noun

You can say that all day, it still doesn't make the "fails" of this game fact.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2016
    The Sims 3 is the greatest Sims game ever made!

Feel free to check out the TS3 General Discussion where TS3 players hang out :smile:

The Sims 3, it is happening now! :smiley:
    That is your own opinion that I don't share I think that game is boring on top of bugs that make it hard to play.
    Now let me see..., screenshot from my computer sunday january 17th at 18:17 somewhere in The Netherlands:

Screenshot-242_zpsay6nb19l.png

Yep, sims 3 sure is happening now for some of us ;)

edit: that CC skin by the way is a brand new one, just created by Kurasoberina, which also proves the game is still happening ;)
    The point of that was you know you can't change my opinions so why try. LOL By the way love that sim he looks hot and yummy. The skin looks awesome to.
    I didn't what want to change your opinion about Sims 3 by the way, but there seems to be some kind of a revival going on. The Sims 3 section is busier than it was somehow. I think that doesn't mean Sims 4 doesn't have an audience - it obviously does - and it doesn't mean it's a bad game or that it's failing. I think it only shows the two games are very different and some people feel the old game is still worth playing too, because it just happens to suit them better. People continued playing Sims 2 as well after Sims 3 was released.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    Taune247 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 feels like I've lost a best friend and that once close friend is someone that I don't even know any more.

You hit the nail on the head.

Thank goodness I still have TS2 and TS3--those are my ride or dies. B)
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited January 2016
    Nikoa wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I know what you mean. However I stopped loving the serie after TS2. TS3 had AMAZING gameplay and the worlds were beautiful, but the sims were so ugly imo, the ugliest I've seen in the serie so I needed CC, lots of it.

TS4 is the opposite the game is beautiful, sims are beautiful and if they were more creative we could see amazing worlds too. The problem is the horrible game play its so dull and every SP gets boring within hours and expansion packs within a couple of days.

While I agree a lot of the auto generated sims and townies in Sims 3 are ugly, I don't think you need CC to make nice looking sims in TS3. If you play around with the sliders enough and edit the sim's outfit's with CASt, you can make some pretty nice looking sims. I'll admit it can be a bit time consuming, but I've seen plenty of decent TS3 sims that aren't covered in CC from head to toe.

This is just my opinion of course. I know it's a subjective, but I don't think TS3 sims are as bad as a lot of people make them out to be.
    I have this theory, that when you like sims to be a bit doll like, or anime like, Sims 3 isn't your game. Sims 3 is more suitable for players who like to create them more realistic. It's not really possible to give them a real anime look because their faces aren't cartoony enough for that. And when you create them doll like, they'll soon become boring, because it makes them puffy.

I love both realistic and anime looks. In my opinion Sims 3 sims had neither. They look like wax dolls. I don't consider this as realistic.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2016
    Ever since I stumbled upon The Sims (the first one) I fell madly in love with the series. I would save up my allowance to get every expansion pack and pay for hours and hours and hours on our Compaq computer. Then came The Sims 2 which made the game even more engaging and I did the same for all the expansion packs and on top of that the introduced The Stuff Packs. The Sims 2 was a little more demanding on our family computer but it was worth it. Then came The Sims 3 and I was so impressed with the base game alone. When all of the expansion packs and stuff packs came out I decided to buy a custom computer with specs that would allow me to play the game at all ultra settings. I still love The Sims 3 and I still play it on my 3rd computer that was custom built, but this one was for The Sims 4. When The Sims 4 was released I took a vacation day because I was so excited and I planned on playing it all day. However, I was so disappointed. Then I thought to myself; I'm sure it will get better with expansion and stuff packs. But I was wrong. I don't get as excited about them as I have with the previous games. Sure The Sims 4 is beautiful the graphics are amazing I give it that. But the game play just doesn't seem to be as enchanting as the others. When playing I find myself in CAS just going over clothing and hairstyles etc.. over and over because I can't seem to find any that I like. Then with the expansion and stuff packs it just feels like a money grab from faithful players. I still find that I play the sims 3 way more than The Sims 4. The Sims 4 feels like I've lost a best friend and that once close friend is someone that I don't even know any more.

If you don't like TS4 that is completely fine. :) I have my problems with the game too but if it's really unplayable/not enjoyable for you go back to TS3 and enjoy that game. Maybe TS5 will have what you like :)

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Hi :)
    This article really opened my eyes to a lot i hate about the sims 4 last september :/
    your not the only one and understand where your coming from OP

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/27/the-10-biggest-problems-with-the-sims-4-readers-feature-5409308/
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Nikoa wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I know what you mean. However I stopped loving the serie after TS2. TS3 had AMAZING gameplay and the worlds were beautiful, but the sims were so ugly imo, the ugliest I've seen in the serie so I needed CC, lots of it.

TS4 is the opposite the game is beautiful, sims are beautiful and if they were more creative we could see amazing worlds too. The problem is the horrible game play its so dull and every SP gets boring within hours and expansion packs within a couple of days.

While I agree a lot of the auto generated sims and townies in Sims 3 are ugly, I don't think you need CC to make nice looking sims in TS3. If you play around with the sliders enough and edit the sim's outfit's with CASt, you can make some pretty nice looking sims. I'll admit it can be a bit time consuming, but I've seen plenty of decent TS3 sims that aren't covered in CC from head to toe.

This is just my opinion of course. I know it's a subjective, but I don't think TS3 sims are as bad as a lot of people make them out to be.
    I have this theory, that when you like sims to be a bit doll like, or anime like, Sims 3 isn't your game. Sims 3 is more suitable for players who like to create them more realistic. It's not really possible to give them a real anime look because their faces aren't cartoony enough for that. And when you create them doll like, they'll soon become boring, because it makes them puffy.

I love both realistic and anime looks. In my opinion Sims 3 sims had neither. They look like wax dolls. I don't consider this as realistic.
    Screenshot-68.jpg

Those guys look pretty realistic to me. Not uncanny valley, but realistic. Just google for a bit and you'll find tons of Sims 3 sims that won't look like your avarage Sunset Valley citizen. It is possible by the way to create an amazing doll look for them as well.

Screenshot-415_zpseb424117.jpg

(made by Victor, a Dutch simmer)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    Same OP, same.

you-career-is-dead-o.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2016

noun

You can say that all day, it still doesn't make the "fails" of this game fact.
    ok no comments anymore with you, just wasting my time, please ignore my posts from this point(i will gonna ignore yours) I really don't like when i'm wasting my time with someone.

noun

I have to agree with @Astro , Your "facts" are opinions. I for instance think 4's graphics are better and more detailed than 3's. But that could be that I prefer the more cartoonish nature of 4's graphics. You obviously like 3's graphics better. But you cant state that 3's graphics are better as "fact". the quality of Graphics, gameplay, animations, and mechanics are all opinion. One could even say the 90's Mario games have better graphics than GTA V. They think they are better, but it its no fact that it is better. Graphics definitely are "tastes". The person that says GTA V graphics are better, just prefers them. Now of course you can get in to the amount of pixels and stuff, but still it is a taste.
    Simschipmunks_zps02e1b098.jpg
    sims 4 salad
    garden-salad.jpg?w=263sims 3 saladAutumnsalad.pngsims 2FruitSaladServing_zps75a7dedb.jpg
    images speak louds how exactly this is more "detailed"???? you sure understand a lot of "details" and graphic quality.
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    edited January 2016
    Well yes... I know how you feel. Although I didn't play the sims 4 that much (I played the base game, GTW and OR.) I played the original sims 1 and became obsessed with the game when the sims 2 came out. By the time EA released Apartment Life I stopped playing the sims (I started uni.) So I missed the sims 3 era, and when I decided to see what I'd been missing with the sims 3 and played the game I was blown away. Of course it wasn't the sims 2, but it offered me so many options. I finally had more freedom.

But the first months playing the sims 3 I experienced the same problems every sims 3 player has experienced (lagging, freezing, sims getting stuck, the error code 12!!!!, game shutting down randomly), but I started investigating and mods saved my game (I was about to give up on the sims 3), nraas, fps limiter, s3pe and 3booter fixed my game lol. But when I started to play the sims 4 (which ran better on my computer than the sims 3) I was confused. It didn't feel like the previous games. I guess the game is too modern for me and I'm still old fashioned. I also noticed a lot of things were missing (from the sims 2, that's the game I use for reference.) The game didn't seem very focused on every stage of our sims' lives (as it was in the sims 2), instead it was all about partying, taking selfies, going to the pub/bar, talk, talk and talk. I was very disappointed, but well.... I still play the sims 3 and I guess I'll keep playing it until they release the sims 5 (that's because I didn't play the sims 3 while it was new.) There are a lot of things I have to discover. So I guess I'll just skip the sims 4. I still have hope they will make a better sims game in the future. :)

But who knows... I'll probably like the sims 4 after they release all it's EPs and stuff, lol. I prefer playing games that are complete.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I used to like Sims 4. But now it not really that great. It gets boring in about 1 to 2 hours or even less. I don't think they can change my opinion after 2017.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Darkling wrote: »
    The Sims 4 feels like I've lost a best friend and that once close friend is someone that I don't even know any more.

For me it feels as though I'm developing a wonderful new relationship with Sims 4 but still have two amazing friends that will always be there. Sims 2 and Sims 3.
  • Options
    Darkling wrote: »

For me it feels as though I'm developing a wonderful new relationship with Sims 4 but still have two amazing friends that will always be there. Sims 2 and Sims 3.

Yes! :)
  • Options
    HeidrHeidr Posts: 148 Member
    I have to say that I feel almost the same way... Sims 4 needs so much improvement. Firstly on their retail and Active job system (or basically, i just dislike GTW expansion) because :

1. The task Given is so dull compared to the Sims 3 Detective job. When doing a case, the thing that I love to read is the story behind the case itself, also the word of expression that given by victim or the suspect, the witness, or the detective too. It feels like they do have a heart, not just a plain emotion that prevent them from doing something...also, to focus on the case task is so much better than aimless task, example: when you already got a case to finish, you're also told to do exercise for 1 hour or taking a completely not relevant citizen report, then doing a patrol and issue a citation on a completely unrelated peoples.

2. Doctor's active job is just soooooo weird...and not in a good way. Whenever I walk in and start to be told to do a task, such as taking the patient temperature, mopping puddles, discussing with co-workers and all, i always say to myself : This isn't how a clinic supposed to work like. Why they don't split this into division, it doesn't have to be exactly looks like the real life, but at least make some branch. Have a person who works in lab (apothecary)...then also have another that works with patient... and have someone who works in the surgery room.

3. Scientist. I feel so sleepy whenever I played that in active hours. Don't say that Scientist is aimless, I mean.. they are studying to solve something...why not having them explore somewhere and return to lab to research instead of asking for mineral from co-workers?

4. Retail is a mess. Ok, people takes time to make sure of what they wanted to purchase, someone need to help that while there's someone else that need to stay on the "Cashier" job. You hired an employee hoping that she/he will help you out... but after 9 hours, she/he say like: Boss, I think you've overworked me. I'm going home and to talk with The Labor Agency... She/he isn't even doing a single task yet! She didn't even talk to customer as tasked...and not even ring up any single customer in that 9 hours when tasked to do that...and the worst is that they returned to the shop as customer. Every single hired sims with skill variety did the same thing for over and over. The previous "Open for Business" is just waaaaaaaaay better than this.

The latest expansion, Get Together and incoming stuff packs aren't that exciting for me as well, Alas... Get Together is so annoying at times, with the auto gathering from 3+ members talking with each other and a bug that makes my sim suddenly forgetting people which isn't even alien to begin with.( i can tolerate if they're alien because sometime alien automatically make people forget about them). Also the fact that club system isn't strong enough to make that much feel in game. It feels like the impact of being in a club only active when they're gathering. It's still so hard for me to imagine something like.. Renegades and Paragon, being all friendly until someone decided to press the Start Gathering button.

I hope that with more people complain about the plain gameplay, Developer will try to think further about the later expansion pack. Sure you can try to press budget, but will you really trade that lower budget for lower appeal? I honestly don't think so.