Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I played for four hours last night, and now i'm bored :/

I played for four hours last night, and i'm already getting bored of the sims 4 again! It's so weird. I could play the sims 3 for hours weeks on end before I got bored. But the sims 4 is done...is anyone else having this problem? Is there anyway i could maybe mix it? xD

Comments

• Options
    victoriae350victoriae350 Posts: 342 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm personally frustrated. Lets start with the restrictions of my Mac. It's a school computer, so I can't use it for anything but school. Especially since my program wants so much memory from it. The PC tower in our house has less memory, therefore i can't really put much on it. Sims 4 seemed safe. If I had chosen Sim 3, I'd be tempted to put all my expansion packs on the PC tower because I can't play without them all. The game took 4-7 hours to download, and took four hours before boredom set in... :/ That' silly.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I use to, not really anymore.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Same, Building kept me entertained for a while, but the limitations really started to get to me. I tried challenges, but that didn't last long, either. Currently I am trying to paint one of every painting, but it is starting to feel like a chore instead of fun. More and more days pass between hitting that 'play' arrow.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I use to, not really anymore.

It's kinda sad. I remember being so excited for this game...I even got the platinum version which cost a lot :(
  • Options
    Piperbird wrote: »
    Same, Building kept me entertained for a while, but the limitations really started to get to me. I tried challenges, but that didn't last long, either. Currently I am trying to paint one of every painting, but it is starting to feel like a chore instead of fun. More and more days pass between hitting that 'play' arrow.

Me too my friend :(
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Maybe you're bored because you only have the base game? Some of the expansion, game, and stuff packs are adding a lot of useful game play in my opinion.

On another note, isn't boredom a natural reaction when you do anything consistently for 4 hours? Just wondering.
  • Options
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Maybe you're bored because you only have the base game? Some of the expansion, game, and stuff packs are adding a lot of useful game play in my opinion.

On another note, isn't boredom a natural reaction when you do anything consistently for 4 hours? Just wondering.

I need to buy the expansion packs xD Like you said, they add more gameplay.

As for the second point, I find myself tired before bored when I play for a long time. I don't get bored easily. It's probably because i'm so use to the expansive amount of stuff to do in the sims 3.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Well then you should just continue on with TS3 if TS4 is boring you too much. Or maybe buy the Get Together EP. It adds more fun things for your sims to do.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member

Boredom wasn't the word I was thinking of when I read the OP's post. I was thinking burnout. That could easily happen if you play the game for several hours at a time.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member

Not at all. :) I've been playing since 7:30 tonight. It's now twenty after twelve and I have to be up at 7:30 in the morning. Just thought I'd check the forums before heading to bed. I'm sure others do the same, play for long stretches, without getting bored, as well as those who consistently play 2 and 3.
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »

Boredom wasn't the word I was thinking of when I read the OP's post. I was thinking burnout. That could easily happen if you play the game for several hours at a time.

This is also true. I admit I get burned out on TS3 at times, likely from playing so much at drawn-out durations.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I played for four hours last night, and i'm already getting bored of the sims 4 again! It's so weird. I could play the sims 3 for hours weeks on end before I got bored. But the sims 4 is done...is anyone else having this problem? Is there anyway i could maybe mix it? xD

I know the feeling, I get it after about a half hour.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I spend more time on the forum than playing the sims 4 lol!

OP

Can you build?

Sometime building can really be fun ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member

Nope, I've played The Sims 4 for 10 hours a day on my school break when it first released, didn't get bored cause I was enjoying it to much, Boredom is a natural thing but it usually only happens when you're either not getting enough enjoyment out of something or you've done it repetitively, there are other reasons for being bored of course.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I've noticed this happening a lot with sims 4, when a pack comes they have fun with it for maybe a few days to a week then right back on the forums wanting to know when the next pack is coming out. I say either take a break from the game or try some callenges..those are fun.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I've noticed this happening a lot with sims 4, when a pack comes they have fun with it for maybe a few days to a week then right back on the forums wanting to know when the next pack is coming out. I say either take a break from the game or try some callenges..those are fun.

Yes, I've been noticing this more as years go by with all games on different forums, it's pretty natural, especially since us Humans subjectively had a short attention span, it varies with people though.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top