Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh, the irony!

In the new stuff pack for The Sims 4, Movie Stuff, the movies shown in the game are machinima from THE SIMS 3 !!! LOL

Comments

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    TS3 television features TS2 sims, and TS4 TV (and now movies) show TS3 sims. It seems to be a bit of tradition from the Sims Team to use the previous game for the television shows.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Not weirder story's in the movies. Just better story's.
    (sorry, couldn't resist :p )
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I still play Sims 4 in spurts, just got done building a castle mansion (modern with a hint of old fashion). I saw the movies and what I find is it makes me want to play with Sims 3 because it shows how lacking Sims 4 is in comparison.. And I am not talking toddlers and CAST..

The new bug is also annoying and keep and eye out on the forums for them to at least acknowledge it. I am tempted to put the mod in at Modsthesims that fixed the bug already. But as wonky as the game is, I am holding off now. All the CC I have is wallpaper..

o.o anyone know a good wallpaper site?
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    How is it ironic?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Kricket65Kricket65 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @gamekitten said:
    > I still play Sims 4 in spurts, just got done building a castle mansion (modern with a hint of old fashion). I saw the movies and what I find is it makes me want to play with Sims 3 because it shows how lacking Sims 4 is in comparison.. And I am not talking toddlers and CAST..
    >
    > The new bug is also annoying and keep and eye out on the forums for them to at least acknowledge it. I am tempted to put the mod in at Modsthesims that fixed the bug already. But as wonky as the game is, I am holding off now. All the CC I have is wallpaper..
    >
    > o.o anyone know a good wallpaper site?

I miss having vampires and I enjoyed the firefighter career and the ghost hunter career. I enjoy Sims4, but also miss some of the stuff that went with other games.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    It does make you want to fire up the sims 3 B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited January 2016
    I think it's funny. All my sims look 100 times better than these potatoes supposed movie stars on the screen.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    I don't see how it is ironic?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    I don't see how it is ironic?

Particularly given it's how it was in Sims 3, too. We've always had earlier game versions used for the computer game Sims play, too. Maybe Sims like watching reruns more than I do ;)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    This isn't ironic, and what's the point of this thread?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2016
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    How is it ironic?

If you think about it, it shows the TS4 Sims can't have their own movies in actual gameplay (not stage trailers) because they don't have toddlers, for kid shows, or kids can't dance like that one on their TV about a mockery of Barney or those other shows that have those guys singing and dancing to kids. (Forget their name). And they don't have werewolves, or vamps or anything where they can actually make a short for a movie for the Sim to watch. Other than maybe a cowplaint. I would have loved these movies if they hadn't made the screen so grainy on purpose. I hate that and skipping it after all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    This isn't anything new. Previous games did the same thing. It's a tradition/continuity thing I guess, like how your Sims can always play the Sims themselves, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    How is it ironic?

If you think about it, it shows the TS4 Sims can't have their own movies in actual gameplay (not stage trailers) because they don't have toddlers, for kid shows, or kids can't dance like that one on their TV about a mockery of Barney or those other shows that have those guys singing and dancing to kids. (Forget their name). And they don't have werewolves, or vamps or anything where they can actually make a short for a movie for the Sim to watch. Other than maybe a cowplaint. I would have loved these movies if they hadn't made the screen so grainy on purpose. I hate that and skipping it after all.

Not really, it's a tradition for The Sims to use machinimas from the previous installment.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Sims should get a confused buff when they see a toddler on the screen. :D
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I think it's funny. All my sims look 100 times better than these potatoes supposed movie stars on the screen.

I agree with you about the sims but what about the world and the lack of gameplay we are stuck with now?
    yes the sims look better but the worlds, gameplay and simply options looks a lot better in the sims 3 as far as im concerned ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I guess it's a good thing opinions are 100% subjective and biased, huh?

(I'm not quoting. Figure out what that's a reply to. ;))
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    How is it ironic?

But that would be the same for The Sims 3 and The Sims 2 as they used the previous iteration for their Shows and now Movies, it's more of a callback to the previous iteration more than anything in my opinion.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think one of my favorite things the devs do was a short parody on Downton Abbey where the Sim wrecks his car (from TS3) lol, that is one of the best they ever did. kudos for them it was one of my favorite things to make my Sims watch so I could see it over and over again. I have my favorites they have done over the years but that one was the best parody. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    They do incorporate some material from TS4 in stills and credits. I've seen one of the rocket ships that's a career reward in the opening sequence of the sci-fi movie, and "Lost Dog's Journey Home" includes some of TS4's postcards.