Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help, please: constant crashing

lalinottelalinotte Posts: 2 New Member
edited January 2016 in Mac - Technical Discussions
I've been running Sims 4 just fine on my computer until this latest update. Immediately after the update, I could get the game to launch, but every time I went to choose which household to play, the game would stop responding or crash. I uninstalled the game, deleted all my saves, and reinstalled.

Now that I've reinstalled and started a new household, I can get the game to run, but it crashes a lot during game play. I've lowered the graphics (in game options) from high to medium. I've got the Dr. Cleaner app running to help optimize memory, in case that's the issue.

One thing I do notice is that occasionally when the game crashes, I see warped graphics. The colors will be off or it will look like not all of the "layers" of the graphics are there. There is no particular time when the game crashes--it could be during typical game play, traveling, or build mode.

I do have the text from the latest crash report. Here is the link: pastebin.com/50gdrmnS

These are my computer specs:
OS X El Capitan
Version 10.11.2
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)
Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i&
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0fd5
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3682
gMux Version: 1.9.23

If anybody could help me figure out what the problem is, it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments