Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Slider's min and max suddenly shifting

When I'm creating a Sim, it sometimes happens that I want to modify a part of its face, and that part or another one suddenly changes in a way I didn't expect. For example, sometimes the Sim's cheek suddenly becomes skinny, and if I try to make it fully chubby, I can't. I can only make it normal or super skinny. Other times the upper lip suddenly becomes thin, and I can't make it chubby anymore. I mean, I first was able to make it 2 cm thick, but after this glitch happens, I can only make it up to 1 cm thick.

Is this an actual bug? If it is, how can I get around it?
tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    What happens if you click the undo button after it happens?
    You can also select a fuller default mouth or whatever you're working on - does mean you'll have to redo some of your work. If you work from default features, it might be a good idea to write down which one you selected so that you can get back to your starting place if the undo button doesn't work.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    When I'm creating a Sim, it sometimes happens that I want to modify a part of its face, and that part or another one suddenly changes in a way I didn't expect. For example, sometimes the Sim's cheek suddenly becomes skinny, and if I try to make it fully chubby, I can't. I can only make it normal or super skinny. Other times the upper lip suddenly becomes thin, and I can't make it chubby anymore. I mean, I first was able to make it 2 cm thick, but after this glitch happens, I can only make it up to 1 cm thick.

Is this an actual bug? If it is, how can I get around it?

hey @toddlercuddler91 can you confirm for me you dont have anything in your mods folder or if you do that you have pulled out the whole folder and test again. as try a new game and see if the problem continues.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    Try removing any mods/cc that you have in your game and see if that helps the issue.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
  • Options
    toddlercuddler91toddlercuddler91 Posts: 274 Member
    edited January 2016
    What happens if you click the undo button after it happens?

If I just made the nose smaller and this glitch happens on the cheek, pressing the undo button (or CTRL+Z) undoes the changes on the nose, not the one on the cheek.

I'll now try resetting the cache. Hopefully, it will help.

EDIT: I resetted and only replaced "saves" and "tray". It happened again. I made the cheeks bigger in Edit Mode, then I opened Detail Mode. When I edited the upper lip in Detail Mode, the cheek I had edited in Edit Mode has changed. Pressing the undo button has once again undone the change to the lip, not the one to the cheek.

I'm not concerned about their look. Eventually, I can find a way to make them look good. I'm concerned about their functionality. When I used the slider mod (I now have removed it and reset the game) all of the game's random/default characters looked like caricatures, while the ones I made lost their human look and became abominations. I'm also concerned about how their children could turn out to look, since I edit every single detail a lot.
    Post edited by toddlercuddler91 on
    tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif