Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THINGS YOU DIDN'T LIKE ABOUT THE SIMS 2

MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
TS2 was my favorite, but obviously we all have our dislikes.

I didn't like how people not in your household didn't age with you.

I'd be doing apartment life, and by the time I raised a sim from baby to elder, the kid next store would still be 10 ;-;

Comments

• Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    Hello Meepleep
    I play the whole Sims2 neighbourhoods day by day (or sometimes two days at a time) so all Sims age. Another advantage is that households are all interacting which makes friendships easier - best friends forever happens quicker too so relationships don't deteriorate so quickly.

The only thing I dislike is sending Teens off to college - I play one semester to one day in the neighbourhood - but it takes quite a long time for student Sims to graduate! :)
  • Options
    NafisweetNafisweet Posts: 43 New Member
    i dint like the graphics
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Agree non-aging unplayed households is my biggest gripe. It is still my favorite though! :D
  • Options
    Nafisweet wrote: »
    i dint like the graphics

That's why they have CC! :D
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

The ability to age their friends came in an expansion- so, the only time their friends can't age with them is when they die. :lol:
    I like having the same Townies because I know them, they're like Sim friends whenever I start the game I say "Hi." SP in TS3 took away my control of the whole neighborhood. XD
    I also change change the townies clothes and hair to look different if I want the story to go that way. But I'm sure you didn't want to hear all that. :blush:

I have several mods for the little annoyances- like not being able to stop them making beds.

I don't like the Witches in the game. They we smashed in at the end- like TS4 GTW- and don't have enough from TS, which I really missed in TS2. :(

I don't like all the sandals the guys wear. It wasn't Ever popular where I lived. :lol:

A lot of the clothes were outdated by the time the game was released- imo.

• Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

The ability to age their friends came in an expansion- so, the only time their friends can't age with them is when they die. :lol:
    I like having the same Townies because I know them, they're like Sim friends whenever I start the game I say "Hi." SP in TS3 took away my control of the whole neighborhood. XD
    I also change change the townies clothes and hair to look different if I want the story to go that way. But I'm sure you didn't want to hear all that. :blush:

I have several mods for the little annoyances- like not being able to stop them making beds.

I don't like the Witches in the game. They we smashed in at the end- like TS4 GTW- and don't have enough from TS, which I really missed in TS2. :(

I don't like all the sandals the guys wear. It wasn't Ever popular where I lived. :lol:

LOL!! True Rflong, but then I was always afraid of running out of kids if I kept doing that :D
  • Options
    @JULES1111 wrote: »

LOL!! True Rflong, but then I was always afraid of running out of kids if I kept doing that :D

:)
    I believe the game would generate more kids for our School Sims when it randomly sends some home with our Sims- or they send neighborhood player Sims home on the bus. I usually have several houses of Sims so their family or next door neighbors would visit. Never ran out of kids or friends. ;)

The game likes to send Vacation Sims home with the school Sims- that always annoyed me since they can't visit for a few hours. XD
  • Options
    487473million487473million Posts: 39 Member
    Yeah wasn't crazy about the graphics either. :/
  • Options
    In 2004 the Graphics were Awesome! Yet the details in the game Still Awesome- imo.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    There were a few things I didn't like but was fixable. I didn't like the few too little choices of colors for objects and clothes. CC fixed it all and worked perfectly in my game. From time to time I wished the sims could visit their neighbor. But I had my sims invite people over all the time. Plus, I was a bit disappointed with the witch's powers. Sims 1 did great with it. "Horn of plenty" anyone? lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    chocolateprojectchocolateproject Posts: 25 Member
    Some of the things that I didn't enjoy about the game are probably fairly silly in the grand scheme of things....but one of my BIGGEST annoyances was when children or teens brought friends home from school.
    It was okay at first when they had just moved into the neighborhood and had no friends...but my word, it got frustrating at times. For example, when you had four kids/teens go off to school in the morning and in the afternoon, they ALL brought friends home. Majorly overcrowded household and I remember their being big queues for the ONE bathroom in a tiny trailer house hahaha :')
  • Options
    chocolateprojectchocolateproject Posts: 25 Member
    I think one of my biggest pet peeves about the game was when children/teenagers brought friends home from school CONSTANTLY!! It was okay when they did it occasionally, but I had certain Sims that did it every time they went to school and it drove me insane, particularly when you sent four Sims off to school and they ALL RETURN WITH FRIENDS. Majorly overcrowded house and I remember their being bit groups huddled outside the bathroom waiting for the toilet hahaha!
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I liked how aging didn't happen to anyone I didn't play, lol.

The only thing I didn't like was the "Watch Out" interaction with drive-ways. Oh that drove me crazy. I tried mods to make it go away, but my game got messed up using it. So I had to get it out. But really, out of everything in ts2, that's the only thing and I have all ep's and sp and a ton of cc.

I still play it, it's my favorite.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    willow_kiddwillow_kidd Posts: 45 Member
    I hate that once a Sim decides to make the bed, you can't stop them.

That, and I wish there was a recolor tool like in Sims 3, sometimes.
  • Options
    I hate that once a Sim decides to make the bed, you can't stop them.

That, and I wish there was a recolor tool like in Sims 3, sometimes.
    Have you tried using the Body Shop?
    To locate Body Shop - All Programmes/EA Games/The Sims2 Mansion & Gardens/The Sims2 Body Shop
    If you do not have Mansion & Gardens Stuff Pack, use the latest expansion pack that you have.
    This allows you to re-colour items/objects as well as creating custom Sims.
    I use photos (scanned and copied!) and crop around clothing materials worn in the photos - you can do this with items in your own house such as bedding etc or magazines. You then place these cropped photos on the item or Sim for a new look and save.
    Hope this helps?
    Good luck with your game! :)
  • Options
    SimeggrollsSimeggrolls Posts: 637 Member
    I don't like the witches i wish i could get rid of them.
  • Options

I find witches lag my game when they enter a Community Lot.
    I couldn't resist posting this pic taken with Angela Pleasant (adult) at H&M Pleasantview when not only one witch arrived on the scene but two and proceeded to fight!
    snapshot_15ec0def_b5ecd7df.jpg
  • Options
    @LadysimPlayer8 See :/ they always start stuff and summon bugs on every lot you visit it's so annoying. This is my only complaint about this game
  • Options

I find witches lag my game when they enter a Community Lot.
    I couldn't resist posting this pic taken with Angela Pleasant (adult) at H&M Pleasantview when not only one witch arrived on the scene but two and proceeded to fight!
    snapshot_15ec0def_b5ecd7df.jpg

How is her relationship with her sister ?? :) her dress is my fave!
  • Options
    @LadysimPlayer8 See :/ they always start stuff and summon bugs on every lot you visit it's so annoying. This is my only complaint about this game
    Yes my Sims are always upset with the bugs - bad memory - all you can hope for is that a good witch arrives and cleans up! :)
    I tried my hardest when Angela and Lilith were attending Sim State University to become friends; but anytime left to their own devices or if I was playing other students and they turned up on a Community Lot (and were unplayable) - the fighting began again!
    It wasn't until they became adults and had families of their own that ceasing to be enemies occurred. :)
  • Options
    @LadysimPlayer8 Oh my lol sounds like a happy ending ! what did you do with the parents ?? in the earliest screenshots of the sims they had a little sibling :) i patched the family up and made daniel straighten up before the twins ginger and scott were born :)
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The only thing I hate is you can't build skills on community lots!
  • Options
    I thought you could in the secret hobby lots ? Not sure.
  • Options

Yes, they can and in Uni Community lots. :D
  • Options

Yes, they can and in Uni Community lots. :D

True that's right lol I actually used the library in uni :# so it just means regular sims can't do it on their community lots then