Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So whose sim is paying $178 for drinks!?!?!

I just saw this at the bar and nearly fell out of my chair. My poor sim can barely afford to keep the lights on (literally), let alone shell out $178 for one drink, haha. Maybe when she makes it rich she'll buy it.

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yeah, some of the drinks are very expensive.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Yeah, some of the drinks are very expensive.

I actually considered getting it and playing Time of My Life by Pitbull and Ne-yo in the background while she sipped on it, haha. I thought the song would be pretty fitting.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Mine does- when they get rich and settled or when they "win the lottery" (cheats) I do it.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I just saw this at the bar and nearly fell out of my chair. My poor sim can barely afford to keep the lights on (literally), let alone shell out $178 for one drink, haha. Maybe when she makes it rich she'll buy it.

You should try the more expensive drinks they have different outcomes.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    I always go for the expensive drinks cause that's how I roll
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited December 2015
    The pricy ones give beneficial moodlets. My bartender sim (maxed mixology) makes emotion potions that cost 1,000 simoleons. (I think they may sell for more because it's usually a 20% markup on the basic drinks)
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Some of my richer sims buy them, but usually only them, unless it's a special occasion that I know my sims with less money will survive through afterwards. :D
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    My sim can barely afford her rent, but maybe when she can I'll splurge on them. I'm actually enjoying playing her as a woman who lives above her means, haha, so no money cheats this time around.
  • Options
    FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    The leader of one of my groups just spent $1,248 on drinks for everyone in the group. She is gonna need a job stat!
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    The leader of one of my groups just spent $1,248 on drinks for everyone in the group. She is gonna need a job stat!

Can we join that group? ;)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee