Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• Options
    LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    Is the "new girl" the fifth person in your signature? I know there's Katie, Rylie and Devon, and Erik, but I was never totally sure about who the fifth person was.

Looking forward to finding out more about Katie coming up - it doesn't seem like she's all that bad - she's given Harper a fun nickname and Harper hasn't told her she doesn't like being called by that nickname - so I'm excited to see why she's in jail.

Didn't we find out already? She totaled someone's car she stole, right?
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    LillyDoves wrote: »
    Is the "new girl" the fifth person in your signature? I know there's Katie, Rylie and Devon, and Erik, but I was never totally sure about who the fifth person was.

Looking forward to finding out more about Katie coming up - it doesn't seem like she's all that bad - she's given Harper a fun nickname and Harper hasn't told her she doesn't like being called by that nickname - so I'm excited to see why she's in jail.

Yeah she got drunk and did that. @superkyle221 I think your right about the fifth person in her sig. Good eye.
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    LillyDoves wrote: »

Oh yeah. I guess I meant I was excited to see what led her to stealing and crashing a car. I still say not enough attention at home from distant parents, but who knows?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @superkyle221 That new girl is indeed the last person in my signature... good catch! ;) And Saturday will give us more info about Katie, including the circumstances leading up to her crime! :) Thanks for reading!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    Ship! I see it! Look at how shiny and adorable it is!

tumblr_lz01fqeDGl1qg9f9k.gif

tumblr_inline_ouqdrxURrr1qgy6w7_540.gif

• Options
    Hahaha how did I know you'd be a fan of Telly, @orangeplumbob ? ;):tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

:lol: I thought for a minute you were saying orangeplumbob was obsessed with television (because of the gifs) but then I realised you meant Kelly & Tim.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

:lol: I thought for a minute you were saying orangeplumbob was obsessed with television (because of the gifs) but then I realised you meant Kelly & Tim.

Yeah it took me a moment too. :D
  • Options
    LOL Gotta love cultural/language differences! Never even crossed my mind haha But yes, I meant Tim and Kelly :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

Well, I guess that was a step in the right direction. (Although, I kind of feel like Harper walked it back a bit with the "waste of time" comment at the end there.)

Still, though, this is the first time we've really seen Harper consider what someone else might be thinking or feeling. It is interesting,...with all the discussion around Harper's lack of responsibility (and don't get me wrong, she's definitely lacking in that area too), I really feel like a lack of empathy might be a bigger issue for her. She doesn't accept blame because she genuinely doesn't seem to believe that what she did was harmful to anyone; she cannot recognize anyone's emotional distress aside from her own. So, pretty smart of Dr. Savage (great name, btw) to tackle that one first.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    @purplestarz2006 Sorry that I didn't reply to you the other day! I don't know how that happened! :( You're so right that her lack of empathy is the biggest problem... She lives in constant denial that she hurts anybody. Having empathy for the people she's hurt would require accepting that responsibility... And it's something she just simply isn't capable of (yet?) Thank you so much for reading :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Today, Harper gets some upsetting news...

6.59: Interlude - Problems
    D4t0kTI.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited February 2018
    :bawling::'(:'(:bawling: WHY???? JOCE......
  • Options
    orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
  • Options
    *hides from @orangeplumbob * I'm sorry!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Oma will have to die for real soon or later.. let's just hope it's later so that Harper gets a change to apologise
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    l really hope Harper does the right thing this time. So that is Katie's story, so sad. I always figured she was jealous of Harper but I could never figure out why.
    l will only be angry at you if Harper doesn't get to see her grandma before she dies. All life must end at some point as sad as it makes us.
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    As sad as it is about Joce, I'm actually not super disappointed in that - I mean, she was going to die eventually, there's no way she'd live forever, and it doesn't hit anywhere near as hard as Steffan's offscreen death.

I'm mostly glad that we get to hear more about Katie. I knew she was a good person, deep down... and stupid kids/teenagers don't know how to adequately express their emotions or frustrations, so of course she was acting like a 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I think I called it way back when that they were neglectful towards her, and I'm excited to see how mature she's gotten. Way more than Harper - I don't know if she's ever blamed the world for her problems, like Harper did (and still does).
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    So much information in this chapter! So I went back to reread.

So sad about Joce I hope she's makes it through surgery. :'(
    Ivy seems so sweet and I think Harper see's that. Yes Harper maybe she's being nice because you were being nice to her but that's a good thing. Maybe a true friend in the end.
    Go Katie say it like it is. Harper really needs to hear that. For one second I thought Harper was going to get it then, bam a million steps backward. Shakes head in disappointment. :(
    It was so nice to her Katie's background. It's very sad for her to be raised by a nanny and have uncaring parents. :'( Looks like she has grown up while being in prison though.
    I really hope Harper reconsiders Katie's words and goes to see her Oma before it's to late. She will regret not going for the rest of her life if she doesn't go.

Yeah for tree chapters a week! :)<3 Looking forward to tomorrow and maybe seeing Harper go to see her Oma.
  • Options
    @MadameLee I hope she has that chance too!

@suzanna13 I hope you won't be angry! But we'll see... And yes, Katie's story is very sad :(

@superkyle221 Haha I'm glad you aren't all that upset about Joce... I was worried that everyone would hate me for this lol And yes, Katie has most definitely matured way more than Harper has!! (And I think you're right -- you did make a very accurate prediction about Katie's backstory long ago! Good call! You know your girl well ;) )

@haswh Yeah, it was kind of a lot. Sorry for that! I hope she makes it through too :( She's such a wonderful woman. I don't want her to go! And Ivy is definitely a sweet person. Maybe her sweetness could do Harper a little good! Haha She definitely needs to learn to shape it up. Katie definitely tried to help in this chapter, by sharing her story and trying to make Harper see...

I think she cracked the surface a bit, but Harper can't be swayed quite that easily. I'm glad you're looking forward to tomorrow's chapter. :) I'm excited to be going back to three a week! Thank you for reading :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    As sad as it is about Joce, I'm actually not super disappointed in that - I mean, she was going to die eventually, there's no way she'd live forever, and it doesn't hit anywhere near as hard as Steffan's offscreen death.

You just had to remind me. Godspeed Stefan. :bawling: (I wasn't a huge Tobi fan but I think he got snubbed with his time-jump death too...dude was an heir)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    edited February 2018
    I haven't read further than the line where Harper was standing with that guard but I guess it's Joce. She's dead and Harper never came to apologize :frowning: At first I thought it would be Phoenix and she wasn't supposed to see him any more, but why should Hozay do that to her? They feel guilty enough as it is already
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    I guess if Joce dies it's her time. She must be pretty old already :bawling: But pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease don't let her go without seeing Harper, without a reconciliation! Or... I'll... cry. Badly.

And there we have both, the reason why Katie was... well, Katie and how she landed in prison. Ouch. Nice move.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    First of all, how dare you.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney Very close guess! Unfortunately... :( I hope they can get that closure too. We will see soon, one way or another! I’m glad you enjoyed learning about Katie. Thank you for reading, Racooney! :heart:

@SeaDragonSong Forgive me :bawling:
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top