Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't play - Don't wake the llama - Fixed! bad cc

RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
I added the table and game, but when I try to play it, it says I don't have enough chairs at the table, even though there are 4 chairs... I'm using the set that came together in buy mode.

Anyone else have this problem??

2wremxk.jpg
Post edited by RacerX780 on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,643 Member
    Hello.
    Simmers have been finding that cc has been causing this issue.
    Remove any cc/mods that you have in your game and see if that helps. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the mods folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
    One cc causing this issue is
    http://simista.net/outdoor-tap/
  • Options
    Yeah.. I've just spent the last hour trying to figure out what was causing it...

Eloute's The TARDIS paintings...

http://www.thesimsresource.com/members/Eloute2/downloads/details/category/sims4-objectrecolors-furnishing-decor-paintingsposters/title/the-t.a.r.d.i.s/id/1282097/

2d7yr6v.jpg

Go figure....
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @RacerX780 wrote: »
    Yeah.. I've just spent the last hour trying to figure out what was causing it...

Eloute's The TARDIS paintings...

http://www.thesimsresource.com/members/Eloute2/downloads/details/category/sims4-objectrecolors-furnishing-decor-paintingsposters/title/the-t.a.r.d.i.s/id/1282097/

2d7yr6v.jpg

Go figure....

I will never understand the world of CC...
  • Options
    Same... How does a cc, here a painting, cause a function of the game to break?!?!

I could see if it was caused by another mod.. But cc - I don't get it.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,764 Member
    I have a similar problem in that it tells me, both card games and llama that I don't have enough sims to play when there are people and groups everywhere. I also don't have this mod. Has anyone else discovered a conflict?
    Go Raptors!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    RacerX780 wrote: »
    Same... How does a cc, here a painting, cause a function of the game to break?!?!

The cc in my game that stopped me from playing Don't Break the LLama was an outdoor tap! It has been different cc for different people.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Thank you for reporting back on what fixed this for you! It's good to know. <3 I'm glad your game is working properly, now, as well!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Scorpio110769Scorpio110769 Posts: 14 New Member
    I too had the same problem. It was one of the CC furniture pieces that was causing the problem. I removed it and all is well again. I suggest you remove all the CC furniture you have and put them back in the game a few at at time. You'll be able to narrow down which one is causing the problem. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Thank you for reporting back on what fixed this for you! It's good to know. <3 I'm glad your game is working properly, now, as well!

No problem. :)

I hate when people figure out the issue, and then just write something like - I found the problem...

Without actually reporting what it was. So I try to be as complete as possible, especially for when people do searches for problems. Makes it tons easier to find/figure out what is going on.

• Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member

No problem. :)

I hate when people figure out the issue, and then just write something like - I found the problem...

Without actually reporting what it was. So I try to be as complete as possible, especially for when people do searches for problems. Makes it tons easier to find/figure out what is going on.

Agree. I've checked several posts on this issue and all I see is yours with the TARDIS paintings and the outdoor tap - I have neither of those and my Sims can't play Don't Wake the Llama.... I have thousands of pieces of CC so it kinda stinks to have to go through it all when someone may have figure out the issue.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Hello @Spacey72659.
    Because you have a lot of cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc too.

You probably already are doing this, but just in case it helps, I have posted about it.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

The cc in my game that stopped me from playing Don't Break the LLama was an outdoor tap! It has been different cc for different people.

Yeah, it's crazy, eh?
    This time (promises self) I'm going to go as CC free as I can... except for Madame Butterfly's coffee mod! Must have that one. :smiley:
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Spacey72659.
    Because you have a lot of cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc too.

You probably already are doing this, but just in case it helps, I have posted about it.

Yes, thank you, I've had to do this numerous times before hen I've had bad CC.

I found it was something in the Mango Sims Courcelles set. No idea what item. After hours of putting things back in, I'm not willing to put every item of this set in to see what piece might be the issue - just deleted the whole set.
  • Options
    Hello @Spacey72659.

That is the BEST way to find stuff... 50/50... Test each half... find the half that still causes the problem.. split that in half as well... and on and on keep splitting in halfs.

You can narrow it down fairly quickly going about it like that.

Unfortunately, with the latest update, there doesn't seem to be any clues to the cause just by what type of mod/cc is causing the problem... Who would think an article of clothing, for example, would cause a table game to not work properly?!?!!

• Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    I couldn't play don't wake the llama at all, the sims would sit down then reset immediately.

I've narrowed it down using the 50/50 method and the cc in my case was Vintagesimy_Single_Bed_Recolored.package

Sorry I don't have screenshots.
  • Options
    Thanks for reporting it!

• Options
    JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    I was having trouble in the Upper Crusts cooking club making food on the stove. Sims would be cooking on the stove then all the sudden they would get that X With footsteps over their head and stop cooking.
    This was at the lighthouse so no custom content there in particular but I do have some romantic mods Installed. Haven't played much, but if I see this happen again I'll definitely report here as well as the main thread.
    A painting.... how the plum. Lol
  • Options
    WizardOfRozWizardOfRoz Posts: 92 Member
    I was told about this tonight, and in my game the CC that was causing the glitch with Don't Wake the Llama game -were one of these 3 files. Mr_S_ModularLounge, Mr_S_FurnitureBasicsLowlineCoffeeTable, and Mr_S_FurnitureBasicsAccentTable. I am planning on testing the files in game individually tomorrow to find out EXACTLY which one is causing the glitch. I'll edit this msg when I find out for sure. Just wanted to add it to the list for people trying to figure this out! :)

Still.... I'm SOOOoo glad it's none of my CC clothes. THAT would have been a Pain in the Behind to sift through!! :D
  • Options
    I was told about this tonight, and in my game the CC that was causing the glitch with Don't Wake the Llama game -were one of these 3 files. Mr_S_ModularLounge, Mr_S_FurnitureBasicsLowlineCoffeeTable, and Mr_S_FurnitureBasicsAccentTable. I am planning on testing the files in game individually tomorrow to find out EXACTLY which one is causing the glitch. I'll edit this msg when I find out for sure. Just wanted to add it to the list for people trying to figure this out! :)

Still.... I'm SOOOoo glad it's none of my CC clothes. THAT would have been a Pain in the Behind to sift through!! :D

Hello.
    Another simmer has posted that the Mr_S_modularLounge.package was the cause of the issue in their game.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Interesting. The outdoor tap I was using was made by Mr_S too.
  • Options
    WizardOfRozWizardOfRoz Posts: 92 Member
    Hello. Another simmer has posted that the Mr_S_modularLounge.package was the cause of the issue in their game.

Oh? Where can I ask? When I tried looking for solutions to this issue, this was the only thread that showed up in the google search. Anyway, still glad I mentioned it in here for anyone who stumbles into this thread. It might save someone some time.
  • Options
    Hello. Another simmer has posted that the Mr_S_modularLounge.package was the cause of the issue in their game.

Oh? Where can I ask? When I tried looking for solutions to this issue, this was the only thread that showed up in the google search. Anyway, still glad I mentioned it in here for anyone who stumbles into this thread. It might save someone some time.

Hello.
    It was very helpful that you posted about the item in this thread. It will be helpful for simmers who are having the same issue. Thankyou :)
    I just posted that it was that item that was cause of your issue, to help you because you weren't sure which of the three items was the cause of your issue.
    The link to the post where the simmer posted about this cc is.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14382540/#Comment_14382540
    The thread is in the Bugs section of the forums.
  • Options
    murryshinodamurryshinoda Posts: 15 New Member
    I had the same issue. I started by taking out 50% of my CC, and neither half fixed it when removed. So, I kept going, and eventually found removing these worked:

mango_s4_Courcelles_Pouf_Mesh
    mango_s4_Courcelles_Tapis_RC1

Then I started on the other 50%. I eventually whittled it down to a bunch of things I don't really use anyway. So, rather than test them each individually, I took them out and now everything works fine.

Any one of these sets might be the culprit:

[SrslySims] (S4) Happy Halloween Gifts
    [SrslySims] (S4) Pumpkins and Jack-o-Lanterns
    [SrslySims] (S4) Simblreen 2015 - Lighting Set
    [SrslySims] (S4) Supernatural Curtains
    [SrslySims] (S4) Supernatural Dark Lux Comfort Set
    [SrslySims] (S4) Supernatural Lighting
    [SrslySims] (S4) University Bookcases & Dresser
    [SrslySims] (S4) University Comfort Items
  • Options
    I had the same issue. I started by taking out 50% of my CC, and neither half fixed it when removed. So, I kept going, and eventually found removing these worked:

mango_s4_Courcelles_Pouf_Mesh
    mango_s4_Courcelles_Tapis_RC1

Then I started on the other 50%. I eventually whittled it down to a bunch of things I don't really use anyway. So, rather than test them each individually, I took them out and now everything works fine.

Any one of these sets might be the culprit:

[SrslySims] (S4) Happy Halloween Gifts
    [SrslySims] (S4) Pumpkins and Jack-o-Lanterns
    [SrslySims] (S4) Simblreen 2015 - Lighting Set
    [SrslySims] (S4) Supernatural Curtains
    [SrslySims] (S4) Supernatural Dark Lux Comfort Set
    [SrslySims] (S4) Supernatural Lighting
    [SrslySims] (S4) University Bookcases & Dresser
    [SrslySims] (S4) University Comfort Items

Hello.
    Thankyou for posting the names of the cc that was causing the issue in your game. :) It will be helpful for other simmers experiencing the same issue.
  • Options
    Pirate_QueenPirate_Queen Posts: 83 Member
    I've just had to go through all my CC because of this.

The CC causing me problems I haven't seen mentioned in this thread or elsewhere, so in case it's useful to others:

Vintagesimy_scented_candles_recolored
    Vintagesimy_cute_books_recolored
    Vintagesimy_florist’s_dream_watering_can_recolored
    Vintagesimy_little_pencils_recolored
    Vintagesimy_neighborly_windowbox_recolored
    PURESIMS_PillowsSet.package