Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, what's your rating for GT?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    After checking everything out (I only saw the world/items/interactions but didn't play with clubs) I can say this EP is a 10/10 for me. It completely changed my view of the game. The rural neighborhood of Windenburg is the materialization of my wildest dreams of where I would live if I could. I almost cried. The architecture on build/buy mode finally enables me to create my "dream homes" that I used to make in The Sims 1. In none of the other games I was able to do that. I can't believe how this expansion made it finally feel like "The Sims" to me. The detail on the world are incredible, they are so vast and detailed I actually got lost and dizzy trying to find my way in the rural neighborhood and the island. I can't find words to describe my feelings right now. I feel catared to, I feel at home, It's like all the dreams I had trough all my life because of The Sims 1 had finally materialised in a The Sims I can finally call "mine". More importantly, the game doesn't feel like a "Willow Creek simulator". Now Willow Creek is an option, and that actually made me appreciate it more.
  • Options
    GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    s1mszzang wrote: »
    My rating is about...6

This area is ok
    mNptkjd.jpg
    dhRTzli.jpg
    Oy0JrrF.jpg

This area is hmm..?
    GMbqfJw.jpg

This area is good
    Bbse53R.jpg
    qPwSag7.jpg
    lDZAr1i.jpg

I expected this island area the most but i dont like it
    Jgz9Txu.jpg

(just my personal taste)

Sorry you're disappointed but I personally think the town is beautiful.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited December 2015
    Nice thread. I read all the posts here. Some of you guys provided more details of what you like or the problems you are facing.

As for the musical chair or the problem to keep the sims together and sticking on their chairs I think Maxis should release this:
    glue.jpg

yep, a Glue patch so that the sims behinds stick to the chairs and wont get up unless the player decides so. They need make the sims totally paralyzed when I order them to sit. Even if they are gonna die they should not move from the chairs. It is like disabling their feet movement so they can never get up autonomously. This should be done only when the player orders a sim or a group of sims to sit. If a sim sits autonomously he should be able to move autonomously too because the player did not order him to sit.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited December 2015
    LoL, I agree @halimali1980 !

Alright, I have been playing this EP for a couple of hours now, sure it needs some fixing, without a doubt (I don't understand why we can't use generic lots as a meeting spot/venue for our clubs, it does not make sense: either it must be a home lot of one of your members or a public lot with tons of other sims, that's pretty lame).

But I came to the conclusion: It's my favourite ep by far, it's beautiful. And the best part is: I have barely scratched the surface yet :o .

giphy.gif
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    I'm giving it a 8/10. And that's only because my sims can't sit still. They keep moving around when I just want them to all sit and have a cup of coffee.
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Gleesticky wrote: »
    I'm giving it a 8/10. And that's only because my sims can't sit still. They keep moving around when I just want them to all sit and have a cup of coffee.

Yes, I know, but this has (probably) nothing to do with the EP but the game itself.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited December 2015
    Imm take my word back again lol My rate is 9/10
    I was kind of mad cuz of glitch but it is minor problem. and I know scenery is just too beeautiful.

XCDgxIb.png
    V2BfryG.png
    i4JQM3z.png
    V7yIL2n.png
    3My9YSh.png
    2svsOQ5.png
    PiOQ38I.png
    fawk9.jpg
    ifwyzl.jpg
    15ekark.jpg
  • Options
    DeerLordDeerLord Posts: 236 Member
    Right now I'd say about an 8.

It doesn't seem to add much that seems genuinely new, exciting, or creative like some of the big "themed" expansions from the previous games. What it's good at is changing the core game in such a way that makes socializing and building/maintaining relationships a much better experience. Before it was understandable if you wanted your sims to sit around at home and maybe invite someone over or talk to whoever came to the door since it didn't feel like you were missing out on anything.

Now it makes sense and it's actually fun to go out more and build some groups of friends. Sims are calling to hang out at specific places, go on club outings, telling you what they feel about eachother, you can make your own rivalries with other clubs... The game feels much more engaging and dynamic now and honestly, going back to the base game would probably feel pretty shallow and empty.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    me i give it a rating of 100/100 because get toghter is the best ep so far
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    The town is gorgeous but still getting used to working out the club system, so don't have a proper rating yet
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    edited December 2015
    My first impression is - "It's pluming gorgeous." Nothing really prepared me for how well designed the world is, especially old town and the countryside. I love how it fits together and as a whole seems like a cohesive place (and I love having mixed zoned districts like the old town). I've done some club things (my sim extended family club had a gathering to celebrate the main families move to Windenburg where everything was much smoother than my old method of throwing a dinner party to get them together). Still haven't properly explored loads of things - the family is taking the day off to wander the town so hopefully I'll remain as happy, but the build/buy stuff and club limited stuff I've done so far has worked to my high expectations for this EP. Still so much to do and I fell so far behind in my preparation for this EP as I decided to start a fresh save, since some people said they had fixed musical chairs on new saves - this seems pretty much true to me as my new save with played families imported from previous games has had almost no musical chair affects beyond those caused by the stupid toilet bug (which almost everyone has reported)!

ETA: A small detail I love just happened. My sim child was happy and texted his grandma with the "Send Happy Text" interaction on the phone. She called him back to say she agreed it was a nice day and invited him to join her at the park. I'm going to decline because I want to explore Windenburg, and I'm going to try to keep my played sims from traveling to the other worlds while I play them at least, but that's a really nice touch.
    Post edited by starcrunch on
    OriginID: CrunchedStars