Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, what's your rating for GT?

I'm curious to know how everyone would rate the new ep, from 1-10. Do you love it? Kinda love it? Or just meh?
hhHD2XB.png
My tumblr - A world of clutter and color

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Still waiting for it :) But even then, I think it will take a fair bit of playing and exploring to rate it.
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I've just posted this for people with earlier access in case they drop by in a few hours. I have to wait until the 10th to play it, so I'm looking forward to what others think :)
    hhHD2XB.png
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    9/10 It's a solid EP, Windenburg is beautiful, the CAS/Build/Buy objects are AMAZING! and the clubs system is great, everything else is a bonus but there's still some more club activities I would have liked added to make it a 10
  • ScalesofGreyScalesofGrey Posts: 183 Member
    'Too busy playing to tell'/10. I'm still stuck at CAS but I love the new assets so far!
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Thanks guys for the feedback and feel free to return at any point and share more :) No rush, just wanted to get this thread going out of curiosity, for people who have made up their minds early.
    hhHD2XB.png
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,037 Member
    10/10 but I don't have the game yet. I have heard and seen enough of this pack to determine my review for the pack, and it's 5 stars from me! :smiley:
  • xBlackDragon7xxBlackDragon7x Posts: 173 Member
    10/10 i'm playing it now it's amazing!
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hmpf, the club-feature left me disappointed. On a "neutral" lot (like home or the island for example) it works alright (although when you restrict their behavior to romantic interactions or woohoo everybody gets jealous over everybody + it's completely dysfunctional with "generic" romantic encounters and kisses when the sims don't have an already established romantic relationship with each other, strangely enough that woohoo works but, as I said, the system won't suppress jealousy O.o).

On a lot like the café it shows that the system is broken: Do you think you can have a nice meeting like the foodie group in the trailers? LoL, forget it: Since the autonomy is not disabled (and the musical chairs bug is still present) it seems like everybody has ADHD --> even your group members are constantly moving back and forth. It's absolutely impossible that they sit their 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for one second. They keep leaving their places to order drinks or food, then another townie takes their place and starts a conversation. It's so annoying and frustrating. I tried for 3 hours (!) to have one second a conversation while sitting together at a table with just my club (4 members btw., my sim included) but nope, does not work.

Even when you work with the "Don'ts" (I set in the rules up so that they are not allowed to eat or drink), they will just ignore them since the "venue"-behavior logic is more dominant than your group-setup.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, Idk. But they can fix this by giving us a way to stop approaches commited by npc-sims. My club-members and my sim are always in a freaking conversation with some dudes + the routing (to where the group is sitting) must be tuned a little bit more.

The rest: Windenburg is beautiful, the discotheques are amazing (finally an authentic club-atmosphere), I love the dancing, it's awesome.

And what bothers me besides all of this: It's random if the premade or npc-clubs show up at their lots. Most of the time they are split anyways xD but that's okay.

Right now: Club feature 5/10 (becuz of bugs) , the rest 9/10

Edit: Yeah, the theme nights are random as well :/ . I went to the pub and everybody was wearing those stupid knight outfits...

Edit 2: I can understand (now) that the autonomy can not be disabled when you are not the leader (!) of the club, it makes sense this way. Well, I need to test this feature a little bit more.
    Post edited by HalloMolli on
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I think the bug with the multitasking/queue dropping/random stuff added has a lot to do with the behavior your seeing.

As I said elsewhere. musical chairs feels different to me. It seems while trying to fix them, they broke something else entirely. Many are complaining about it without the EP. As you say, they get up to order food or hug each other or whatever but it's not as much a moving to a different chair for the fun of it anymore.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited December 2015
    @crinrict I agree, musical chairs is not the right term, they just have sometimes problems to find the right chair (the right one would be closest to your members or your leader) + they get approached too often by other npc sims, it's really annoying.

I guess I have to get used to this system. It works okay-ish but I hate that I can't disable the "venue-logic" the sims follow. I thought that they would at least be free in their behavior (compared to random spawned sims on each lot).

Edit: by "free" I mean untouched/unaffected by the venue-logic, obviously ^^
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    @crinrict I think you're right about that. I've been seeing a lot of that in my gameplay today (I can't download GT yet). My sims don't play musical chairs as much anymore, but they do seem to have the attention span of a goldfish. LOL So while I can bring them all together in the pool or hot tub, they all promptly decide to do something else after a single social interaction in the new location. Definitely a patch bug that is going to be really annoying in Get Together. I should probably get my lazy butt over to the bug section to report on it; I'm sure there is a thread there by now.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    edited December 2015
    @crinrict I think you're right about that. I've been seeing a lot of that in my gameplay today (I can't download GT yet). My sims don't play musical chairs as much anymore, but they do seem to have the attention span of a goldfish.

Yes!!! Thank you. You hit the nail right on the head with your statemant. This is why I hoped that they would lose autonomy in a club but I can understand that it would be a bad idea if they did in the end.

HalloMolli wrote: »
    @crinrict I agree, musical chairs is not the right term, they just have sometimes problems to find the right chair (the right one would be closest to your members or your leader) + they get approached too often by other npc sims, it's really annoying.

I guess I have to get used to this system. It works okay-ish but I hate that I can't disable the "venue-logic" the sims follow. I thought that they would at least be free in their behavior (compared to random spawned sims on each lot).

I think it's bugged.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

AHQ Tutorial

crinrict wrote: »

I think it's bugged.

I hope you are right since at home it works really good. I made a cooking and woohoo-group. And besides the annoying jealousy-thing it worked very well.

I did.

• Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I wont be getting it until later this month. But it looks like a solid 9/10.
  • Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    Hmpf, the club-feature left me disappointed. On a "neutral" lot (like home or the island for example) it works alright (although when you restrict their behavior to romantic interactions or woohoo everybody gets jealous over everybody + it's completely dysfunctional with "generic" romantic encounters and kisses when the sims don't have an already established romantic relationship with each other, strangely enough that woohoo works but, as I said, the system won't suppress jealousy O.o).

On a lot like the café it shows that the system is broken: Do you think you can have a nice meeting like the foodie group in the trailers? LoL, forget it: Since the autonomy is not disabled (and the musical chairs bug is still present) it seems like everybody has ADHD --> even your group members are constantly moving back and forth. It's absolutely impossible that they sit their 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for one second. They keep leaving their places to order drinks or food, then another townie takes their place and starts a conversation. It's so annoying and frustrating. I tried for 3 hours (!) to have one second a conversation while sitting together at a table with just my club (4 members btw., my sim included) but nope, does not work.

Even when you work with the "Don'ts" (I set in the rules up so that they are not allowed to eat or drink), they will just ignore them since the "venue"-behavior logic is more dominant than your group-setup.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, Idk. But they can fix this by giving us a way to stop approaches commited by npc-sims. My club-members and my sim are always in a freaking conversation with some dudes + the routing (to where the group is sitting) must be tuned a little bit more.

The rest: Windenburg is beautiful, the discotheques are amazing (finally an authentic club-atmosphere), I love the dancing, it's awesome.

And what bothers me besides all of this: It's random if the premade or npc-clubs show up at their lots. Most of the time they are split anyways xD but that's okay.

Edit: Yeah, the theme nights are random as well :/ . I went to the pub and everybody was wearing those stupid knight outfits...

Edit 2: I can understand (now) that the autonomy can not be disabled when you are not the leader (!) of the club, it makes sense this way. Well, I need to test this feature a little bit more.

What about the build/buy objects? How would you rate those
    Nicwebb82 wrote: »

What about the build/buy objects? How would you rate those

I can tell you this EP is overall a 9-10 to me (If we ignore the bugs of course), I am not that into building but what I have seen so far everything seems to be top-notch. I am so tired but I want to keep playing xD.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

@HalloMolli, are you saying when you send your group to the café and click 'sit here' they don't stay put and sit there? But get up and go talk to someone else or move far away even though they are still just talking to your Sim? Because if this is true I don't want it. I hoped café groups would at least sit together and behave and eat and keep their butt in the seats. Like before this last patch and EP the game would make Sims who were seated right beside each other get up and go sit at the bar and then one would be talking behind their back to the other. That stuff drives me crazy already. :s AKA sit here together in the game without the EP at a table one will get up and move to a bar or to a couch or wherever, and then they aren't sitting together anymore. IF it's the same ole thing in cafes then I wouldn't want it even if they can order food.

I just don't understand this game sometimes, in TS2 when Sims go in a group (from Nightlife) they sit at the same table and stay seated, why can't they do that in this game? Just why, EA? It's nerve racking.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member

Thank you for the link!

We should feed our sims fish food, Molli. ;) LOL
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    edited December 2015
    Yes, it's kind of like you describe it @Cinebar :/ . The café is fantastic, no doubt, but this bug is very annoying and makes the club-system (on this particular lot) useless.

Thank you for the link!

We should feed our sims fish food, Molli. ;) LOL

LoL XD <3 . Yeah!

Man, I enjoying this ep too much, it's not healthy anymore -.- . Need to get some sleep but I want to play!!! Whoa!

• s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited December 2015
    My rating is about...6

This area is ok
    mNptkjd.jpg
    dhRTzli.jpg
    Oy0JrrF.jpg

This area is hmm..?
    GMbqfJw.jpg

This area is good
    Bbse53R.jpg
    qPwSag7.jpg