Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims still harvesting Easter eggs

AFeazyAFeazy Posts: 91 Member
I've searched online but can't find anything about this. I read Crinrict's post of compiled bugs and didn't see this there. I copied their form like suggested to fill out below.

Issue

The Easter eggs collection didn't end for me. When gardening, sims of high gardening skill can only harvest the collectible eggs. Sims below level 5 harvest the normal produce; sims over level 5 can only harvest eggs and never harvest anything else.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

This happens when I have sims of gardening skill level 5 or over harvest feom any plant. It has been happening ever since Spring - I know it was supposed to happen, but I also gather it was supposed to stop. It didn't for me.

Picture

I don't think a picture is necessary. These are the decorated, collectible Easter eggs they introduced sometime in spring.

Where does the bug occur ?

This happens everywhere. It happens with all plants, all worlds, on and off lots.
It happens in all saves. New ones, even ones I hadn't touched since before that egg hunt started. All saves.

Mods/CC

I do have mods in my game. I have one that affects gardening but I installed that well after the problem already existed. Otherwise nothing else should affect gardening.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

Outdoor Retreat, Get to Work, Spooky Stuff, and the free holiday pack. My game has been updated with every patch all along.

Occurring since

All I know is this has been happening since it was supposed to in Spring. It never stopped. If I did something or something else happened that made it keep going forever, I'm not aware of it. Also, I still get the bunny when all eggs have been collected.

Operating system

Windows 7

I am thinking maybe they just never ended it, because when I reinstalled my game in Spanish the problem remained. I am hoping there is some way to fix it or work around it.

Thank you so much for any help.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello.
    Remove any mods/cc that you have in the game and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Start a new game and test to see if the issues with the eggs are there. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hey @AFeazy is your game patch up to date? reboot computer open origin and click on sims 4 icon to see if there is an update
  • Options
    @ceejay402 I just looked and it has no option to update. However that is o be expected cuz I have been updating it regularly and have updated it several times since this egg-harvesting started. Thank you though.
    @rosemow I will try removing the mods. I will have to make a new sim and level them up past 5 in gardening first though so that will take a while before i know if it works (i cant test on previous saves cuz all sims over 5 in gardening are loaded with cc, and I don't know what will happen if I remove it and then play them).
    I don't think repair will do anything because I have reinstalled the game already and that did nothing. Also there is no option to repair (there was before I reinstalled it),which is probably because the game doesn't have any other problems (this is the only real bug/glitch/annoying-thing in the game since I reinstalled it). Thank you for the suggestions. =)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    AFeazy wrote: »
    @ceejay402 I just looked and it has no option to update. However that is o be expected cuz I have been updating it regularly and have updated it several times since this egg-harvesting started. Thank you though.
    @rosemow I will try removing the mods. I will have to make a new sim and level them up past 5 in gardening first though so that will take a while before i know if it works (i cant test on previous saves cuz all sims over 5 in gardening are loaded with cc, and I don't know what will happen if I remove it and then play them).
    I don't think repair will do anything because I have reinstalled the game already and that did nothing. Also there is no option to repair (there was before I reinstalled it),which is probably because the game doesn't have any other problems (this is the only real bug/glitch/annoying-thing in the game since I reinstalled it). Thank you for the suggestions. =)

Repair looks for game software files that are wonky. It can fix things, even after a reinstall.

Did you reset the game folder, as @rosemow suggested? That can clear "stuck" things in saves.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Hello.
    It is good to remove the mods/cc and test to see if that helps the issue.

There should still be the option to repair, when you right click the sims 4 picture in origin. Is it perhaps greyed out?
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Then start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that brings back the option to repair.
    Also,try uninstalling and reinstalling origin.
  • Options
    Hey everyone,
    The new update that just installed this morning has totally messed up my game. I won't be able to get to this issue until I fix the other problems. Thank you so much for all of your ideas and help, I will definitely utilize it when I am able to. Hopefully one of these things will work and it will be fixed, and so I'm thanking in advance for that also. Thank you for taking the time to help me. Good luck to everyone and blessings always! :smile:
  • Options
    Hey everyone,
    The new update that just installed this morning has totally messed up my game. I won't be able to get to this issue until I fix the other problems. Thank you so much for all of your ideas and help, I will definitely utilize it when I am able to. Hopefully one of these things will work and it will be fixed, and so I'm thanking in advance for that also. Thank you for taking the time to help me. Good luck to everyone and blessings always! :smile:

I am sorry that the patch has upset your game.

Remove any cc/mods that you have in your game and see if that helps. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the mods folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item in , test it, take it out. Then test another one.
    Also check to see if the mods have been updated since the patch.