Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Conversation UI Remake

While I was watching one of Deligracy's videos on Get Together, I noticed they had a different UI for the conversation meter.
ElaH3kI.png
What do you think of it?
Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
xyIcMqt.png

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Its kinda cool. Hopefully they fixed the glitch that makes the conversation window stay up for hours/days after the conversation has ended as well :)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    its maybe the one thing im a bit meh about with gt so far :( i prefer the one we have now, but i better get over that as i have no choice lol
    buy artpop on itunes
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I don't like it
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    emilyduruemilyduru Posts: 289 Member
    Eh not the biggest fan. I like the relationship bar to be bigger, the emotion portion takes up too much space now
    9i7a5w.jpg
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I guess it's like that because when sims are in a club gathering you can't see any of their details above their head anymore because of the club icon?
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Does that say "casual discussion?" I really hope they don't bring back the system from TS3 where it starts telling me what the other sim is thinking. I really didn't like that.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Yeah I didn't really need the emotion thing that big but it doesn't bother me.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Does that say "casual discussion?" I really hope they don't bring back the system from TS3 where it starts telling me what the other sim is thinking. I really didn't like that.

It has a help icon next to it.

I wonder if that is changeable? Like could you have "casual" or "heated" discussions about neighbourhood changes?

Or maybe it's just like the current system and lets you know the current "tone" of the conversation.
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Finally The Sims 4 is leaving the pre-alpha stage to alpha stage o:)
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    This doesnt look good. I prefer what we have now
    I hope it is an early build or something
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Uhh, I like that! Especially the additional information about the relationship progress.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    This doesnt look good. I prefer what we have now
    I hope it is an early build or something

I don't think so. This is in game from the creator's camp. Can't say I like it too much either... :/
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    TrishyyFishyyTrishyyFishyy Posts: 85 Member
    well i don't like the UI in this game at all so any change is better than no change for me. personally i prefer the old UI in previous games but the team clearly wanted sims 4 to distance itself far away from it's siblings. so far away that you can't even compare it to the rest, or enjoy it like the rest.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Another explanation can be is that this UI changes only when there is a club gathering. Maybe it reverts back to the UI we have after the gathering ends. And maybe not

But one thing I am certain about is that the UI is changed so that you can see all the group of sims at one window. See the avatar icon, that same line seems can hold more sim avatars. Maybe upto 8

Right now when your sim is talking to more than one sim there is an arrow icon that you have to click to see all the other sims in the conversation. With this new UI there wont be any arrow because all sims avatars will be seen up there. Maybe you need to click on each sim icon to see that sim's current emotion.

At least I hope they make it bigger because the sim avatar icon seems to be very small for my liking.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Another explanation can be is that this UI changes only when there is a club gathering. Maybe it reverts back to the UI we have after the gathering ends. And maybe not

But one thing I am certain about is that the UI is changed so that you can see all the group of sims at one window. See the avatar icon, that same line seems can hold more sim avatars. Maybe upto 8

Right now when your sim is talking to more than one sim there is an arrow icon that you have to click to see all the other sims in the conversation. With this new UI there wont be any arrow because all sims avatars will be seen up there. Maybe you need to click on each sim icon to see that sim's current emotion.

At least I hope they make it bigger because the sim avatar icon seems to be very small for my liking.

That's a good point. I hate having to press the arrow buttons over and over again and if I go onto another sim and back, the conversation UI will reset. Although, I have to say the new UI is a bit off with the sim's icon all the way to the left. XD I wish it was more centralized.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I'd like to warn people that this is like this now, because in the update each sim in a conversation will be displayed up there side by side, without needing to click an arrow to see how others are feeling.

It says this in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZoZkpt_fnY
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I'm loving the little notification to inform us what they are talking about. I specifically asked the devs for more of those. I really hope that makes it into the game.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Could this be a specific way that the conversation UI looks during a Club meeting? (The UI at the bottom right says that ending it is an option.) I thought I read something about that that was specific to clubs. @EmmaVane might remember it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Could this be a specific way that the conversation UI looks during a Club meeting? (The UI at the bottom right says that ending it is an option.) I thought I read something about that that was specific to clubs. @EmmaVane might remember it.

I'm not sure. Either way we'll know when we get the patch.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I'd like to warn people that this is like this now, because in the update each sim in a conversation will be displayed up there side by side, without needing to click an arrow to see how others are feeling.

So now I have some new questions. First off, this is the most informative by far. Thanks for posting it.
    1. Do sims socialize while using the arcade machine?
    2. Don't wake the llama: he said a version for kids and a version for teens upward. Does this mean kids can't play with teens or elders? Or any other life stage?
    3. He mentioned hobbies. Are there any new ones?
    4. Out of the 76 activities, how many of them are new to this EP?
    5. When he says they'll do the actions regardless of their relationship status, does it affect their overall relationship status?
    6. Can I delete existing and default clubs to get them out of my game of I don't like the system?
    7. When he says the club system incorporates things from OR, what is he talking about? I thought I read somewhere that it doesn't mesh with OR.
    8. Not a question: I like the idea of dog lovers vs cat lovers (cat person, myself). I just want to put that out there.
    9. Still can't say I feel sold. I'm more excited about the patch, to be honest.
    10. I like that sims will be more responsive to situations, but he mentioned things like fire. My sims are already responsive to fires and deaths. Will they be more responsive to abductions? This is the area that needs work, IMO.
    11. Can I disable the disabling of mods? I've taken to MC Commander recently and I'm already careful in this situation. I don't want the game holding my hands. I dislike that.
    12. If I can hire NPCs to work on certain objects, is that only related to groups? Or can I have Sim X always tend bar no matter what as an example?
    13. He mentioned the maps are now in full colour, but I noticed they still don't really show what's all in those a areas, am I correct in this assumption? (Ex: small parks, eating areas, etc.)
    14. With sims staring each other down: does this mean sims in the red will finally stop having pleasant conversations with one another?
    15. Can I delete the 'Estate?' I really don't care about back stories or premades. I prefer to create my own environments.

My closing thoughts: he mentioned dancing way too much. Going to be honest: not a fan of dancing. Never utilized it in previous games and it has me concerned. Clubs also don't appeal to me. I relate it to gangs and sports, and watching paint peel seems more fascinating to me. I'm not a fan of unlocking items or grinding when it comes to the Sims. How much grinding and unlocking is involved in GT?

Edit: I'm an RPG player at heart, but grinding and unlocking items has its place, and it's not in a simulator.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

So now I have some new questions. First off, this is the most informative by far. Thanks for posting it.

/Snip/

My closing thoughts: he mentioned dancing way too much. Going to be honest: not a fan of dancing. Never utilized it in previous games and it has me concerned. Clubs also don't appeal to me. I relate it to gangs and sports, and watching paint peel seems more fascinating to me. I'm not a fan of unlocking items or grinding when it comes to the Sims. How much grinding and unlocking is involved in GT.
    1. Do sims socialize while using the arcade machine? They can pretty much talk while doing anything, I think.

2. Don't wake the llama: he said a version for kids and a version for teens upward. Does this mean kids can't play with teens or elders? Or any other life stage? The tables look different, but adults can use the kids chairs that surround the child one so I think it's just a matter of colour/style.
    3. He mentioned hobbies. Are there any new ones? Things listed under Hobbies in club activities - doesn't look like anything new.
    4. Out of the 76 activities, how many of them are new to this EP? 9+ at least. Lists that have been shown in videos are here, however 3 catagories haven't been shown at all, and the Home activities wasn't scrolled through completely.
    5. When he says they'll do the actions regardless of their relationship status, does it affect their overall relationship status? I think it does, because in one of the SimGuru interviews SGAzure was saying she set up a couple in rival clubs who have to hate eachother while in gatherings, but are in love outside of it and that it's interesting seeing how the drama it effects their relationship. (I believe, might have to check that interview)
    6. Can I delete existing and default clubs to get them out of my game of I don't like the system? If there are less than 10 clubs then they will auto generate, but think you can solve this by making at least 10 user-made clubs to hang out around your town. Don't forget you can spread them over all the worlds too, and if they only hang out at 1 venue you would hardly ever see them.
    7. When he says the club system incorporates things from OR, what is he talking about? I thought I read somewhere that it doesn't mesh with OR. There is a Bears Night theme night at the pub/club (wear the costume and get access to bear specific drinks etc), you can also play horseshoes as an activity and I assume other OR skills/activities too, but nobody expanded the Outdoor activity section on the videos.
    8. Not a question: I like the idea of dog lovers vs cat lovers (cat person, myself). I just want to put that out there. Me too (dog lover here, grrrr). If there is animal lover they could be friendly with both of the others too :p
    9. Still can't say I feel sold. I'm more excited about the patch, to be honest. Well you can always buy it later after you've seen what people do with it more, and the patch will be huge.
    10. I like that sims will be more responsive to situations, but he mentioned things like fire. My sims are already responsive to fires and deaths. Will they be more responsive to abductions? This is the area that needs work, IMO. I think they are tweaking responses and tuning traits generally, like they did with jealousy. Read jealousy blog for more info.
    11. Can I disable the disabling of mods? I've taken to MC Commander recently and I'm already careful in this situation. I don't want the game holding my hands. I dislike that. No idea here.
    12. If I can hire NPCs to work on certain objects, is that only related to groups? Or can I have Sim X always tend bar no matter what as an example? I think this works like hiring a bartender for parties (on a home lot) or generating a barista like a bartender shift change (community lots), but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    13. He mentioned the maps are now in full colour, but I noticed they still don't really show what's all in those a areas, am I correct in this assumption? (Ex: small parks, eating areas, etc.) Looks like it to me. I also think some of the scenery map objects looked different, but I might be imaging that. Maybe that's to encourage us to discover it ourselves?
    14. With sims staring each other down: does this mean sims in the red will finally stop having pleasant conversations with one another? Sounds like it. Maybe police on patrol will finally have fights to break up, lol.
    15. Can I delete the 'Estate?' I really don't care about back stories or premades. I prefer to create my own environments. I believe you can level/rebuild the house/mansion but all the gardens are neighbourhood décor. You also can't change the special lots zoning, so it will still be classed as a Garden Chateau no matter what you build.

• Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    [*] Can I delete the 'Estate?' I really don't care about back stories or premades. I prefer to create my own environments. I believe you can level/rebuild the house/mansion but all the gardens are neighbourhood décor. You also can't change the special lots zoning, so it will still be classed as a Garden Chateau no matter what you build.
    [/list]

That doesn't sound right to me. I should be able to rezone it unless it's a hidden lot. Is it?
  • Options
    [*] Can I delete the 'Estate?' I really don't care about back stories or premades. I prefer to create my own environments. I believe you can level/rebuild the house/mansion but all the gardens are neighbourhood décor. You also can't change the special lots zoning, so it will still be classed as a Garden Chateau no matter what you build.
    [/list]

That doesn't sound right to me. I should be able to rezone it unless it's a hidden lot. Is it?

It's not hidden, but it is a special lot. You can't change the zoning, nor can you change any other lot to a Garden Chateau. They are locked in to make them/that town special I believe.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    It's not hidden, but it is a special lot. You can't change the zoning, nor can you change any other lot to a Garden Chateau. They are locked in to make them/that town special I believe.

So is it part of a neighbourhood then? Like one of those lots that aren't really a lot, or is it a lot you just can't change? Example: can you build on it without using bb.enablefreebuild?
  • Options
    edited November 2015

So is it part of a neighbourhood then? Like one of those lots that aren't really a lot, or is it a lot you just can't change? Example: can you build on it without using bb.enablefreebuild?

They said you can edit special lots (so you can add remove stuff for events or extra activities) and I've seen several re-workings of The Bluffs special lot. You just can't change the lot zoning. So I assume there will be certain items that you need there, like any venue (unless you have the No Venue Reqs mod) but the style and layout is up to you.

ETA: I think that and the Bluffs, possibly the Ruins too (from screenshots) are all 1 lot neighbourhoods with large public areas around them and none of those lots can be rezoned. They are all individual Heritage Sites and are probably (partially)protected because of historical significance.