Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Frustraiting things that our sims do

One of the things i love about this game it the ability for it to drive you insane and have you shouting at your computer screen.. for e.g, last week i set up my photography studio, got my sims ready for a photo-shoot, set the background and asked my highly skilled in photograpy sim to take the picture.. all the family was posed and ready for their close up.. what did my sim do instead?!? she just stood there behind the camera, not taking the picture, looking around the room with a silly grin on her face.. then she just left to go stuff her face with cake! the other sims got bored and left, no matter what interactions i did, she just would not take the picture... definetly and AAAARRRGGGHH moment! lol.. maybe it's just me, but i find this very frustrating lol, does anyone else feel the same? :)

Comments

• Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I was playing Sims 3 yesterday, and my Sim was lonely, so he decided to send an insulting text to one of the few people he knew.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Hehe, that is one of those moments it pays to turn off free will.
  • Options
    Alleykat1445Alleykat1445 Posts: 71 Member
    I have yet to send an insulting text.. and i feel i may have to turn off free will too lol :D
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited November 2015
    I was trying to get a pic of my Sim sitting all sad and lonely in a coffee shop when some random townie came and sat down next to him. The look my Sim gave this guy was classic! I wish I would have been quicker to hit pause to get pic. Never did get the one I was actually trying to get.
    Post edited by PsychoSimXX on

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    ouch! better luck next time :)
  • Options
    yup.. hate that too, would be good to have a fruit bowl nearby but it just fills them up enough till dinner is ready, and it still leaves them hungry, or we could always have the mother chase them from the kitchen until dinner is served lol :D
  • Options
    Glitter_bugGlitter_bug Posts: 70 Member
    what annoys me is the delay in actions. When you tell your sim to do something and it takes forever for them to do it. Also the eating/ fill needs times. It shouldn't take a sims 2 1/2 sim hours just to eat a plate of food.
    Check out my ISBI Legacy Challenge here: http://ts4-townie.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    jsn wrote: »
    The most annoying thing that happens to me is when for example I have a mom starting to cook dinner, but then the rest of the household just goes and gets leftovers from the fridge :/

YES. I have to cancel that so often, and sometimes I miss it :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I think we need a bodyguard standing near the fridge when a meal is being cooked for the whole family.. maybe that would stop those peckish notions lol :D
  • Options
    ohhmystarrsohhmystarrs Posts: 52 Member
    > @jsn said:
    > The most annoying thing that happens to me is when for example I have a mom starting to cook dinner, but then the rest of the household just goes and gets leftovers from the fridge :/

I HATE that!!! Lol. And when they use the hardest route possible to get somewhere that I deliberately tried to make as convenient for them as I could..
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited November 2015
    Heh. Only annoying thing I think I've really come across is when my neat sim and his step-daughter with the neat trait decide to clean the 'park' next to the house. S'pose I could just move the household, but at the same time it's kinda funny to watch as it kinda makes me think they are bit obsessive with it.

"C'mon now. Bedtime. You are about to collapse."

"But...but there's spoiled food everywhere. No one likes a smelly park. o-o"

"C'mon. You can get it later on."

"But...but the food. I can just nap on this bench..."

._.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    The most annoying thing that happens to me is when for example I have a mom starting to cook dinner, but then the rest of the household just goes and gets leftovers from the fridge :/

Someone is a terrible cook.

More of a game mechanics and animations, not my actual Sims.

I hate it when my sim becomes sad because of Something instead of Angry.

I hate how Sims Don't sprint to the bathroom when they're in the read, instead they walk even slower.

I hate how Sims pass out on the ground, I just want to push them over. like lay down like you're dead. if you leave your butt up like that you'll regret it. You're lover is coming home Flirty.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    actuallyitsjessicaactuallyitsjessica Posts: 136 Member
    Cleaning up a plate and not the glass standing right next to it! Seems the sims have just as hard a time noticing the almost invisible glass as I do, lol.

When a sim whines over garbage lying at his feet after I had him rummage in the bin. And I'm like, "Well, free will is on, what are you waiting for?"

Maybe a GTW problem, but whenever I sent my romantically starved sim to visit her doctor boyfriend, he would never be home. She'd see him at work, as they are both in the medical profession, but on her days off, I'd send her over for some romantic interaction. His scientist friend would arrive home, but never him. She ate and chat with his roomates, even stayed over and slept in his bed. But the only way to get hold of him was either at work or to call him on the phone. Once I even had her call him directly from his bedroom, and he said she woke him up.
  • Options
    BunnDaleBunnDale Posts: 165 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I hate how Sims pass out on the ground, I just want to push them over. like lay down like you're dead. if you leave your butt up like that you'll regret it. You're lover is coming home Flirty.

Omg I'm dying :D
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I had a small house where the refrigerator was blocked if someone was cooking dinner and that solved that problem. B) I've thought about keeping my kitchen behind a locked door and only unlocking it after dinner is ready -- if I could figure out how to do it I'd love to make a "pass through" area where people could grab dinner without even going into the kitchen.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I was playing Sims 3 yesterday, and my Sim was lonely, so he decided to send an insulting text to one of the few people he knew.
    I have yet to send an insulting text.. and i feel i may have to turn off free will too lol :D

This is on free will xD
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,627 Member
    yup.. hate that too, would be good to have a fruit bowl nearby but it just fills them up enough till dinner is ready, and it still leaves them hungry, or we could always have the mother chase them from the kitchen until dinner is served lol :D

I just to try quickly cancel their actions. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes, not. But, oh well, at least leftovers remain for snacking on when the parents are at work, right? :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'm mostly annoyed (In TS3 and TS4) with having a neat sim around... You manage to serve the food and go to click call to meal and the neat sim walks over before you can click it and puts away the leftovers! ...Before the family can come eat. :/
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    ShimmyShimmyYaShimmyShimmyYa Posts: 545 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I hate how Sims Don't sprint to the bathroom when they're in the read, instead they walk even slower.

Yes! I get anxiety for my Sims when they waddle to the bathroom so slowly with their knees squeezed together. It's a real race against the clock.

thnom_nom.gif

• Options
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I'm mostly annoyed (In TS3 and TS4) with having a neat sim around... You manage to serve the food and go to click call to meal and the neat sim walks over before you can click it and puts away the leftovers! ...Before the family can come eat. :/

I have never had my neat sim do that oddly enough. Then again he also does most of the cooking, too...lol.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    ohhmystarrsohhmystarrs Posts: 52 Member
    I hate when they are really tired and I send them to bed. They make it to bed, change to PJs, get in bed, fall asleep, and then WAKE UP and GET UP only to PASS OUT again. Whaaaaaaaat theeeeeee......
  • Options
    I hate when they are really tired and I send them to bed. They make it to bed, change to PJs, get in bed, fall asleep, and then WAKE UP and GET UP only to PASS OUT again. Whaaaaaaaat theeeeeee......

I never had one pass out but I did have one of my child sims keep waking up one time. Would put her to bed only to see her up again. Found out after it was the TV being on in her room since once I had it off she went right to sleep properly.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    One of the things i love about this game it the ability for it to drive you insane and have you shouting at your computer screen.. for e.g, last week i set up my photography studio, got my sims ready for a photo-shoot, set the background and asked my highly skilled in photograpy sim to take the picture.. all the family was posed and ready for their close up.. what did my sim do instead?!? she just stood there behind the camera, not taking the picture, looking around the room with a silly grin on her face.. then she just left to go stuff her face with cake! the other sims got bored and left, no matter what interactions i did, she just would not take the picture... definetly and AAAARRRGGGHH moment! lol.. maybe it's just me, but i find this very frustrating lol, does anyone else feel the same? :)

What do you mean that the whole family was posed and ready for their close up? >.> I thought you could only take a picture of 2 sims, maximum??

One thing that annoys the BANANAS out of me is the musical chairs glitch!! My sims are all happily sitting down eating dinner and when they have a social interaction, Sim A has to move closer to sim B by getting up with their plate and sitting in the chair right next to Sim B to have a conversation. It's like JUST STAY IN YOUR 🐸🐸🐸🐸 SEAT SIM A!!! >.< SIM B CAN HEAR U FROM A SEAT AWAY... YOU ARE EATING AT THE SAME DAMNNN TABLE!!! >.<
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    I had a small family to start with, 2 in the picture and the other 1 taking the photo, i've since added more sims :) The chair glitch annoys me too, it's musical chairs at every meal time lol :D