Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blue vs white ui

Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
*EDIT* REPLACE OLMPUS SCREENSHOT WITH EARLY CAS SCREENSHOT

In early versions of the game we saw a blue UI, but it was abandoned for the white UI. My question is, which would you prefer? I prefer the blue UI, as it feels much more like a sims game and I like the overall look of it. But it would be nice to have an option between the two

Early Build UI:
zlavrr.png

Current UI:
v30svk.jpg
Post edited by Gabe_oz on

Comments

• Options
    xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    Idk white is kind of bland to me, and I've gotten used to a blue UI since the Sims 1, however I am really glad they slimmed down the UI from Olympus... That just looks like a cluttered mess.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Idk white is kind of bland to me, and I've gotten used to a blue UI since the Sims 1, however I am really glad they slimmed down the UI from Olympus... That just looks like a cluttered mess.

Agree, it would be perfect if we could switch between the white and blue color.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I like the UI they have now. It would be great to have both as options so people could pick, but for me, I'd stay with white. I do not like that blue one at all, not the color, not the layout.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    The blue blends in a little better, so you don't notice it as much when playing. But the white is clearer and cleaner. Plus, I imagine it's better for people with vision impairment.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I like the layout of the white, but, blue is my favorite color. ^_^ Could I get the new layout.....in blue?
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Piperbird wrote: »
    I like the layout of the white, but, blue is my favorite color. ^_^ Could I get the new layout.....in blue?

I would love the new layout in blue, too.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2015
    I liked the color of the first one, but not the lay out and I still don't like the lay out of this one, either. But as far as the TS4 current UI, it reminds me very much of the UI in an old game called Restaurant Empire from several years ago. Eerie how much these UI's have in common before tablets etc. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I really like the white/transparent UI we have now, it's easy on the eye and it lets me focus on my gameplay instead of the blue top. Might just be me though. It would be nice to have an option.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    I like the blue better. It would be great if they added the option to choose.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    I really like the white/transparent UI we have now, it's easy on the eye and it lets me focus on my gameplay instead of the blue top. Might just be me though. It would be nice to have an option.

Yeah, if given the choice, I'd choose the white, too.
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    I miss the blue UI too. And I miss the colorful neighborhood screen... I would have prefered it to be more like the one in Sims 2 rather than what we have now.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    Nikoa wrote: »
    I miss the blue UI too. And I miss the colorful neighborhood screen... I would have prefered it to be more like the one in Sims 2 rather than what we have now.

Don't worry, we are getting color neighborhoods back in the patch that comes with get together.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited November 2015
    Blue, but i wish we could choose any color we want, just like you can do in Win's UI.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    I want to add the conversation box in the center is so distracting and really should be made much thinner and smaller. Because sometimes that thing blocks my view of the game and there isn't a way to collapse it. And if you ever have to change a monitor you will notice how large that thing can be and cover half the screen. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I want to add the conversation box in the center is so distracting and really should be made much thinner and smaller. Because sometimes that thing blocks my view of the game and there isn't a way to collapse it. And if you ever have to change a monitor you will notice how large that thing can be and cover half the screen. lol

Hmmmm, I haven't had that issue. But it would be nice to adjust the size of pop ups.
  • Options
    WillowxPillowWillowxPillow Posts: 189 Member
    I like the white better. It's easier to understand and navigate.
  • Options

What is the conversation box? I'm trying to picture it, but I can't even think what that is. lol
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    I prefer the white. I think it's better, aesthetically speaking.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »

What is the conversation box? I'm trying to picture it, but I can't even think what that is. lol

Lack of a better term. The box in the center when they are in talks with others. It is in my way most of the time. You know it tells you the mood of the Sim your Sim is talking to and their relationship and how many etc.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Modifien wrote: »
    The blue blends in a little better, so you don't notice it as much when playing. But the white is clearer and cleaner. Plus, I imagine it's better for people with vision impairment.

You'd imagine wrong, at least for me, then... I can't SEE half the (tiny) stuff on the white UI, I would absolutely KISS the modder who comes up with some way to give us a blue skin.

Or the whole Sims2 UI updated to 4. Whatever. Just, something better than THIS.

• Options
    LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    I like the white UI better. That blue is ugly!
  • Options
    Ah! Yes! That could definitely be smaller. I have a decent size monitor and it's still too big.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I prefer white. It's easier to see things and looks more pleasing to the eye.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I don't mind either color, blue is more traditional for The Sims (UI has always been blue) but the white doesn't look bad. I think in general I don't like some of the ways the UI is set up. I don't like the conversation component that appears at the top, mostly because it blocks out the game. It would be better if they moved that to the side or even the bottom panel. I also don't like the notification wall, It's helpful if you miss a pop up but it should have an auto delete option so I don't have to physically go in and hit the trash icon.