Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small update coming to the PC version of The Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    zizzlekwumzizzlekwum Posts: 4 New Member
    All I want to know is how do I fix the problems that the update brought? Ever since the launcher update, my game has been glitching out left and right! It takes AT LEAST 3x the time to load, CAS has way too many bugs to list (the most problematic being that the hairstyles, appearance, and outfits tabs don't show anything when I click on them), there are a bunch of problems with Edit Town mode and simply placing or choosing a new household at the start of a new game... the list goes on and on. Is there a way to just uninstall the update to the launcher, or maybe somehow revert back to the previous update? This patch has rendered my game unplayable!
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    zizzlekwum wrote: »
    All I want to know is how do I fix the problems that the update brought? Ever since the launcher update, my game has been glitching out left and right! It takes AT LEAST 3x the time to load, CAS has way too many bugs to list (the most problematic being that the hairstyles, appearance, and outfits tabs don't show anything when I click on them), there are a bunch of problems with Edit Town mode and simply placing or choosing a new household at the start of a new game... the list goes on and on. Is there a way to just uninstall the update to the launcher, or maybe somehow revert back to the previous update? This patch has rendered my game unplayable!

You can only go back to the 1.67 patch if you have the old base game issued before 2012 on disc. If you have this original disc that did not require origin prior to the 1.69 patch follow below

Go into origin at desktop and make sure you have the sims 3 not to update checked off

Move your sims 3 folder from documents to desktop . Uninstall the base game, Use ccleaner to clean your computer registry, reinstall the base game and manually patch to 1.67. You can then remove the new sims3 folder in documents and replace it with the sims 3 folder you put to desktop

ccleaner free http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

how to use ccleaner to clean your computer registry http://www.wikihow.com/Use-CCleaner

PS here is the link to the1.67 patch http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulative-manual-update#latest
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    zizzlekwum wrote: »

Try closing origin via task manager as soon as you opened sims 3. I have seen origin just sucking memory up and that might be causing your troubles with the game :)

• Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    ya know, all they have to do is read the forums to find out where they went wrong. Telemetry is not going to tell them diddly since so many of us have it either shut off or use a program to keep our puters from calling home.

They can't do that,it would be too easy. After all RF only believe in what the Telemetry is telling them.
  • Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited December 2015
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @SimGuruDrake

What is the purpose of those updates? Will the current known issues in The Sims 3 be ever fixed? (Various no-aging bugs, traveling bugs, crashes, scuba and mermaids related bugs, and such) My game is fully up to date, and I play without using mods, and yet, I encounter new bugs on a weekly basis...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited December 2015
    @lexers615

The purpose of the last update to 1.69 was to tie your game to origin, even if they are not being honest about it. :) It has been over a year since Sims 3 last 'game patch' that was supposed to fix a few issues. They said there would be no more patches to fix broken stuff. There are mods that do help and make the game playable. If you are not familiar with mods (I was not before I started playing Sims3 in 2012 and I did not start using mods until 2014 just before the last update) then go to the Nraas site and read about them and if you feel comfortable start with just the ones that help take care of the bugs. I actually started with 'relativity' that helps control time in the game as I wanted more time for my sims to do things and have fun. They can't fix everything that EA/Maxis messed up, but, my game is playable and I enjoy every bit of it now. :) You can also go to chatterbox and ask questions if you don't understand something. The people there are great. I was one that said 'I won't use mods in my game, EA should fix it'. Well, that didn't happen so I learned what I needed to and started using mods and am still learning new things. Good luck!

This is the Nraas home page
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

This is a great page with lots of info about mods and how to get started.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Where+Can+I+Find+It?+More+Wiki+Information+And+Help

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @lexers615

The purpose of the last update to 1.69 was to tie your game to origin, even if they are not being honest about it. :) It has been over a year since Sims 3 last 'game patch' that was supposed to fix a few issues. They said there would be no more patches to fix broken stuff. There are mods that do help and make the game playable. If you are not familiar with mods (I was not before I started playing Sims3 in 2012 and I did not start using mods until 2014 just before the last update) then go to the Nraas site and read about them and if you feel comfortable start with just the ones that help take care of the bugs. I actually started with 'relativity' that helps control time in the game as I wanted more time for my sims to do things and have fun. They can't fix everything that EA/Maxis messed up, but, my game is playable and I enjoy every bit of it now. :) You can also go to chatterbox and ask questions if you don't understand something. The people there are great. I was one that said 'I won't use mods in my game, EA should fix it'. Well, that didn't happen so I learned what I needed to and started using mods and am still learning new things. Good luck!

This is the Nraas home page
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

This is a great page with lots of info about mods and how to get started.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Where+Can+I+Find+It?+More+Wiki+Information+And+Help

you can also tag user igazor in this forum if you need Nraas help
  • Options
    LaynielouxuLaynielouxu Posts: 443 Member
    Has anyone else had loads of problems lately with the sims 3? I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times since november. I keep getting problems like after ive saved and quit, when I come back to the game it says this save can not be played as it may have been saved with an expansion pack that is no longer installed! I have no cc no mods only content bought from EA themselves. I am really feeling niffed with it to be honest :( This kind of reminds me of when I had the sims 2 and the last game they brought out for it broke it :S

I have the sims 4 but dont want to have to be forced to play it :( I am really disappointed with a lot of the things in it. Although it isnt all bad I feel its gone back not forward. It is hardly like when the sims 3 came out. The difference we felt when you could travel the world and walk all the way around the world without loading screens! I do however love the walk and the way you can make each one unique.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Laynielouxu - If you have the new Patch 1.69, you get a chance to select which EPs and SPs you want in play at the time of launch. Apparently many players are finding that their selections do not stick and they have to re-select the checkboxes each time they launch. Could it be that you are not noticing this and trying to startup a game that needs an unselected EP/SP?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    That could be it! If I select all will it kill my game play? and if I dont select all will there only be items available from the ones selected? do you know? :D Thanks for you help hun XxxxxxX <3 XxxxxxX
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Items and elements of gameplay from EPs not selected would not be available.

If your ongoing game save has ever seen all of the EPs you have, then it should be played forward with all EPs. You cant startup a world with animals in it while it was snowing and expect it to work well without Pets and Seasons, for example. Some EPs have objects like bridges and staircases associated with them, skills, careers, buildings, crops, musical instruments, etc. for which there are no substitutes.

The selection options only really make sense if you are starting a new game and decide you want to try one without Pets and Seasons (again for example) to see if it plays better/differently for you that way. But it can get confusing after a while if you have multiple games going trying to remember which EPs you used for which games unless you keep careful track.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »

If your ongoing game save has ever seen all of the EPs you have, then it should be played forward with all EPs. You cant startup a world with animals in it while it was snowing and expect it to work well without Pets and Seasons, for example. Some EPs have objects like bridges and staircases associated with them, skills, careers, buildings, crops, musical instruments, etc. for which there are no substitutes.

The selection options only really make sense if you are starting a new game and decide you want to try one without Pets and Seasons (again for example) to see if it plays better/differently for you that way. But it can get confusing after a while if you have multiple games going trying to remember which EPs you used for which games unless you keep careful track.

Thank you hun you have really helped me :D I will give this a try and get back to you :D XxxxxxX <3<3<3 XxxxxxX

• Options

Ok so it seemed to work :D Thank so so much! :D XxxxxxX<3 XxxxxxX
  • Options
    Wow, that's a lot of displays of affection...but glad the fussy EP selector is all the problem was. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Wow, that's a lot of displays of affection...but glad the fussy EP selector is all the problem was. :)

It sucks that they put that in, surely if I didnt want an EP in my game I wouldnt have bought or installed it :confused: But meh never mind the problem is sorted now thanks.
    XxxxxxX <3 XxxxxxX
  • Options
    @jarsie9 -We are not allowed to discuss that mod here (EA rules).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    > @bekkasan said:
    > @lexers615
    >
    > The purpose of the last update to 1.69 was to tie your game to origin, even if they are not being honest about it. :) It has been over a year since Sims 3 last 'game patch' that was supposed to fix a few issues. They said there would be no more patches to fix broken stuff. There are mods that do help and make the game playable. If you are not familiar with mods (I was not before I started playing Sims3 in 2012 and I did not start using mods until 2014 just before the last update) then go to the Nraas site and read about them and if you feel comfortable start with just the ones that help take care of the bugs. I actually started with 'relativity' that helps control time in the game as I wanted more time for my sims to do things and have fun. They can't fix everything that EA/Maxis messed up, but, my game is playable and I enjoy every bit of it now. :) You can also go to chatterbox and ask questions if you don't understand something. The people there are great. I was one that said 'I won't use mods in my game, EA should fix it'. Well, that didn't happen so I learned what I needed to and started using mods and am still learning new things. Good luck!
    >

I'm already a "part time" mod user (I only use them whenever I run into a major bug that I need fixed yesterday. I DO think too that "EA should fix it", especially since it has been like nearly 15 years now that World Adventure has been launched, and many known issues have never been addressed. Do I need to talk about Generations or Island Paradise?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > @Laynielouxu - If you have the new Patch 1.69, you get a chance to select which EPs and SPs you want in play at the time of launch. Apparently many players are finding that their selections do not stick and they have to re-select the checkboxes each time they launch. Could it be that you are not noticing this and trying to startup a game that needs an unselected EP/SP?

I can confirm that the selections is saved somewhere obscure, and half of the time I launch the game, selected EP are apparently randomized (as I always use them ALL, and, sometimes, when I open this tab, some are checked and some are not).
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    I could also use a tip or something on how to properly quote, as when I press "Quote" button, I get quoted text in >>> while you guys get nices quote bubbles...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    I'm already a "part time" mod user (I only use them whenever I run into a major bug that I need fixed yesterday. I DO think too that "EA should fix it", especially since it has been like nearly 15 years now that World Adventure has been launched, and many known issues have never been addressed. Do I need to talk about Generations or Island Paradise?
    WA was released 6 years ago. TS3 is not quite that old a game.

Regardless, EA isn't going to fix anything more than they already have except possibly for the new Origin delivered patch having broken CAW (we're still waiting to see on that one). There is no TS3 development team and as far as we are aware, there hasn't been since early 2014 when Patches 1.66 and 1.67 were released and the last of the store sets were being finalized.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > Lexers615 wrote: »
    >
    > I'm already a "part time" mod user (I only use them whenever I run into a major bug that I need fixed yesterday. I DO think too that "EA should fix it", especially since it has been like nearly 15 years now that World Adventure has been launched, and many known issues have never been addressed. Do I need to talk about Generations or Island Paradise?
    >
    >
    >
    > WA was released 6 years ago. TS3 is not quite that old a game.
    >
    > Regardless, EA isn't going to fix anything more than they already have except possibly for the new Origin delivered patch having broken CAW (we're still waiting to see on that one). There is no TS3 development team and as far as we are aware, there hasn't been since early 2014 when Patches 1.66 and 1.67 were released and the final store sets were being finalized.

You are right... I wanted to type "nearly 10" years ago, dunno why I typed 15, and, still, I was way off...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    I could also use a tip or something on how to properly quote, as when I press "Quote" button, I get quoted text in >>> while you guys get nices quote bubbles...
    @Lexers93 Just quote this and check where the brackets are. And don't forget to name the person you're addressing preceded by @. Otherwise he won't be notified.
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    > @jillbg said:
    > Lexers615 wrote: »
    >
    > I could also use a tip or something on how to properly quote, as when I press "Quote" button, I get quoted text in >>> while you guys get nices quote bubbles...
    >
    >
    >
    > @Lexers93 Just quote this and check where the brackets are. And don't forget to name the person you're addressing preceded by @. Otherwise he won't be notified.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @jillbg
    ^^^^ I only pressed "Quote" and "Post Comment"...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top