Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling All Models! - Modeling Community Has Moved

Comments

• Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited November 2015
    I put in an app even though I'm in the midst of finding a job and my schedule might change if someone freaking calls me for once. I hate job hunting. lol

I like darker background forums and blogs, so I'm partial to something dark... like my soul. jk. I like enCHANTED and Runway 17 even tho the white and the blue on those forums burn my eyes. This forum burns my eyes, but I'm use to it. xD

Grey and black with a color would be nice. I was on a forum with a similar scheme and it was pleasing to the eyes. If you pick a color other than those make it dark. At least the thread/post part.

We also need some fun smilies and a lol button out of spite. ;)

As for names....

Simmetry ----Just thought of this and I love it!
    Sim Style
    SimmiStyle
    Sim Trends
    Trendy Sims

I do like Pixel Art or Sims Pixel Art.
  • Options
    Cudan2Cudan2 Posts: 925 Member
    @ColorMePink I love Simmetry! That's so clever XD
  • Options
    Aw thanks. I feel all clever now. B) I really don't know why that popped into my head just now. :D
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    I'm in favor of a darker theme. At least light to medium grey-ish. I am seeing a light purple-y grey with black words, because I'm also one of the ones who can't do the drastic contrast well. My autoimmune disease affects my eyes (I have to get new glasses every 6 months) and the brightness of some things gives me headaches.

On my last STC (a RL RPG) forum we did an off-white with black words. Even off-white is better for your eyes than stark white and black. The other admin and I had actually discussed it and tweaked it a few times until it was to our agreed liking.

Another forum that the other admin of that RP had was a purplish-grey with white words, but it was a dark purplish grey. That worked well. But a light purplish-grey with black words would probably work just as well?

And anyone who wants to do HTML don't let me overshadow you. You'd be useful. We'd need different people of different ability levels, with different ideas. Nothing good comes from just one person! Feel free to help me out!
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member

So, did anything interesting happen while I was gone? :D LOL

Seriously though, I am very sad to hear what happened to Maggie. I feel proud to be part of such a supportive community. Needless to say, I'm in!! I don't know much about themes, or colors, or anything like that. But if you go, I'll go too. <3
  • Options
    IncomingVirusIncomingVirus Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited November 2015
    @bjorn979 hope you will be coming with us?

@MizoreYukii Im actually talking about a different Chelle. She hasn't been active in a while. Can't remember her username. But I have her on facebook. I will message her there just to hear.

This is the Chelle I am taking about. Just remembered her username. @SimChelle1982 I also contacted her on Facebook but because of time differences I will have to wait a bit. While I am online during the day most you are asleep in your time zones. :p;)

Post edited by IncomingVirus on
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    I'm in the process of like, low-key teaching myself how to code and in the spring I'll be taking a web design class so if edits need to be made at a later time and some of the more experienced coders are unavailable, I'd definitely be able to help out with that :)

I agree with a darker, more grey scaled color theme, it's much easier on the eyes. Like even if the background was the grey that surrounds the quick reply box on here, it would be really good at off-setting the contrast.

Maybe even a color scheme like this?
    27-palette-1.jpg

I definitely think that sticking with neutrals with one accent color is something that is important.

Some names I've been thinking of:

SIMply Fashion (brands it as more of a fashion modeling site, but)
    SIMplistic
    SIMsational
    SIMplicity

Idk, I just like the play on Sim. Also, would there be a specific logo for the website?
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    Oooo I like SIMply Fashion and Simplicity. :o:smiley:

And hey Socal! :)<3

*runs off to bed*
  • Options
    bjorn979bjorn979 Posts: 593 Member
    edited November 2015
    @bjorn979 hope you will be coming with us
    Vi: You bet! And thanks for caring. :)

Jake (above) brought this possible moniker to mind: SIMply Art
    33ba886a-039e-4500-8fa0-a9e7635368d4.png
  • Options
    IncomingVirusIncomingVirus Posts: 2,831 Member
    @bjorn979 that is great news.

Can't remember who suggested it (on my phone so can't check) but I like the idea of having a competition for designing the header/banner and then the community votes for the winner and changing it around every few months or so with corresponding themes.

Also @MizoreYukii are you going to do a formal vote regarding the name, color theme and overall theme? Like a poll vote maybe for the community?

As for names here are my suggestions. Not as creative as I have seen from others but here goes.  ;)

SIMsational
    Snap-a-Sim
    Snap-a-Pixel
    Pixelate
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    lialia54lialia54 Posts: 127 Member
    Hey, I'm Lia. I'm fairly new here, and I was inactive for a while, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm on board with the move. I assume your list of models on board can include the new ones to the forums like me?
  • Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Holy cow that was a lot to read! I felt like I was in a room full of buzzing minds all talking at the same time. Needless to say my head is spinning and I'm not completely on top of all is but here is my two cents:

Bottom line, I'll go wherever the activity is. If it all move was to a new forum, I'll go there. I for SURE don't want to have to bounce around between forums though. So would prefer it be in one place only.

I haven't seen any problems at all personally with the forums here but I've not been active on this for very long either so that's probably why. I just want to mention that all decisions I hope are being made with a cool head and no anger or resentment or anything like that making the decisions.

For myself, I try to keep up with all the threads, so not seeing things doesn't typically become a problem for me. However it is very annoying to have to look in 4 different threads when all I want to know is what is going on in the modeling world. So that being said I don't favor the idea of 4 threads in a new forum, but will adjust to whatever is decided.

I taught myself HTML several years ago and have loads of online modeling and fashion experience, but am still pretty new to the sims version of it. What I am saying is I would love to help out somehow. I don't have a ton of extra time right at the moment, but would be interested in decision making for the modeling and fashion ends of things.

Ok I think that's all my thoughts for now! Thanks for tagging me!
  • Options
    pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    I think Simmetry and SIMplicity would be great names! I also love the idea of a greyish-purple. Maybe something like #847984?

I'm just going to think about applying - I just really don't know if I'll be any help at webites outside of Tumblr :D But I might give it a try - especially if it turns out we're short on people for HTML.
  • Options
    Ooooh I LOVE Simmetry!!!
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited November 2015
    I appreciate this idea and if I feel like participating in a competition when everythign is moved to the new foru, I will probaply make there an account too - But I will also stay here and check this part of these forums daily. (And the other sections, what's actualy only the sims3 section and sometimes saying I hate sims4 in the sims4 section xD)

Is there a place for voting or something? Or happens everything here?

And I like purple. So a purple color for the forums is okay, but maybe something with pink or dark red?

I have a few suggestions of colours of the forums:
    tumblr_inline_n884j8Peao1s24nev.png
    tumblr_inline_njtflnWapq1rn6kaz.png
    tumblr_inline_njtgc364Iy1rn6kaz.png
    tumblr_inline_nlmb11uRQT1rn6kaz_500.png
    tumblr_inline_np0im4FuqJ1rn6kaz_500.png
    tumblr_inline_nxi52hkVVE1rn6kaz_500.png

• Options
    JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    *Votes for Simmetry too"
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited November 2015
    Cudan pointed out that we needed to make sure these names weren't taken (was doing that later but realized it needed to be now xD Derp), and with some research we've started pulling names from the list (none of the newly suggested ones have been checked yet and I haven't finished the first list yet). I don't want people confusing us with others (and possibly making them angry), and we don't want to battle copyright issues if it's a company name. >_< Sorry guys, but Living Pixels has been crossed out. D: If you could research some of the names to help us sort through them faster that would be appreciated.

Edit: There's also a message at the bottom. xD

@Vanadis That's kind of what I was hoping to do. xD Making a theme from one that already exists is easier. o3o And thank you for your application!
    Ah, thank you for letting me know. So far a medium/darkish color might be our best bet. ^_^

@JoeJoe11 Zetaboards isn't out yet, was just saying what I thought. xD Definitely considering pros and cons of each. :3

@LeslieM25 <3 yaaaay!

@Spookshow Thank you! I hope it wasn't too much work. xD Was mainly so people could avoid saying the same thing if the front page wasn't updated yet (I edited that part too to make it more obvious).

@ironknight35 Happy to have you on board! =D

@PeaceSign101 I received a lot of emails from interested people, so we have quite a list of applications already. xD
    And really? Interesting. :O I'll definitely take a look at that. If you want to show us an example you can do so!

@spackichan I'll keep that in mind! I was thinking more of just lighter colors rather than actual pastels, as the colors are so hard to see sometimes. o-o
    Made an update about Living Pixels. D: Can't use it sadly. It belongs to a company and I don't think anyone wants to deal with that can of worms....xD
    I'm not sure exactly how many we'll need for html (and like Vana said we need others), but feel free to apply for that or a mod/admin! From the applications so far we have more USA than any other time zone, so that timezone may actually help.

@ColorMePink LOL! Need a Lol for that but no button ;-; Thanks for the suggestions! =D

@Socallucyfan Yay! =D Thank you, glad to have you on board!

@IncomingVirus Ohhh! I remember glimpsing that username before. Thank you for contacting her!
    Once we weed down the options, have more discussion, and of course after more people check in, then we can start holding a formal vote. Right now we're just getting a feel for what people want in general, then we'll start narrowing it down and then finally to a vote for everyone. Of course, we may have to change that when we start making the forum as an idea sometimes doesn't go through. xD Like all pink sounds fabulous on paper and then you put it together and it's just awful. LOL! That, or we could decide on a name first or use a test website and then just test out the themes and let people take a look and decide from there. I'm not sure how we'll do it yet, just trying to focus on the first steps. xD

@Evergreen226 Any experience is helpful! Those colors actually remind me of fall. =D Trying to figure out how to paste it on the front....ummm... Maybe a link. Yesh. xD
    We will have a logo/banner, and Joe even suggested we hold a comp for it. ^_^ Thank you for the suggestions!

@lialia54 Of course! I've been adding everyone to the list. I didn't separate them by game, if that's what you were wondering. ^_^

@Meeshelby Thank you for reading the thread, but it was mainly for ideas, buuut it does give you insight into how people feel. xD
    I completely agree about the bouncing, which is why I'm trying to get people to come with us. All of Sims 3 seem on board so far (except for one and one on the fence), but sadly, most of Sims 4 is not (I can't tell if they're ignoring the tag altogether or just don't care about the future). I'm not sure how that will affect your decision at the time, but hopefully Sims 4 will eventually make it's way over (they most likely will if the forums get worse).

The issues are not obvious like other places on the internet, where the continuous abuse spreads to even people who aren't on the forum and even becomes it's own legend. Think of EA being famous for only caring about money and ignoring the customers, but then consider other companies where the issue may be hidden and not as obvious to the public, so no one is wary (like Jagex, aka Runescape, but it's starting to become more known). (heck, we're not even allowed to talk about things like this, which is a ridiculous rule).
    Even people who aren't in the modeling forums have seen the issues. The best person I can think of is probably Rflong7 http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/Rflong7
    I see them talking with others all the time about some of the issues. One thing that is common is the banning of good people but the trolls going free. Other people I've seen commenting have decided to leave the forums as well because of the same and other reasons.
    It's easy to see what people think by visiting the "Forum Ideas & Feedback" and several other areas like it, especially when a forum change comes about (like the buttons being removed).

Anger/resentment/etc. isn't affecting our decisions for how the forum is made. Lol. But if you mean that we're miffed and done with being treated this way, then yes we're a little upset (and I already listed the main reasons why we're leaving). I can't speak for everyone, but I do know most of us are calm and just want out of this cage as fast as possible. We're not causing problems or trying to start anything, we just want out before this gets worse.

Noted! As I said before to Joe, some didn't like the idea of placing them in one, and Sims 4 doesn't seem to like interacting with S3, so that is why we were originally deciding to split it. :sweat_smile: So far the prefixes seem to be winning.

Great! Glad another person has html experience. ^_^

@MariTomKaulitZ Go right ahead and apply. ^_^ I tried clicking on that code and it ran off to the search function, so I'll have to look at it later. xD

@GITTE2001 Glad to have you on board! =D Right now we're just voting by talking among each other. Once we narrow down the suggestions (I am tallying them when I can), we will hold a vote.
    I like some of those colors though! Thank you!

Hopefully that's everyone! I have a lot to do today so will be back to finish updating. (If anyone would love to help gather the suggestions while I'm away, please feel free to do so. xD)
    We're still missing some format votes as well (do you want building? another section that has nothing to do with sims? What?), and I would still like opinions on previous things. A simple copy and paste and then "Yes/No" next to it is perfect (especially the names, right now we have a lot of suggestions for names). So far I'm assuming that nothing talked about is just a general "No" for that person, so no tallying on it. xD
  • Options
    Cudan2Cudan2 Posts: 925 Member
    edited November 2015
    I just sent Mizzie the same list in a pm. If anyone wanted to see what names were taken, I'm posting them here too. I wasn't sure whether other Simblrs counted but I put them down anyways. So the ones that are taken are:
    • Simplistic: Sims Magazine
    • Simsational: A CC Creator
    • Simply Sims: Blog and Simblr
    • Serendipity Sims: Simblr
    • Pixelated Sims: Simblr
    • Sim Style: Forum
    • Simmi Style: Real life hairdresser and other stuff
    • Simply Fashion: Real life clothes store
    • Simply Art: Art brand.
    • Simple Sims: Simblr

Edit: Added Simple Sims
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Simsational designs has some really amazing male cc. :D

I'm glad people like Simmetry so far. Hopefully it's not taken. I'll try think of some more in case more get crossed off the list. :)

Voting for Sims-Pixels-Art too. I said it earlier, but you probably missed it. :#

Main sections I want...
    Building section
    Sim showcase
    Cc sharing section
    Off topic
    Modeling (duh)
  • Options
    TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    I like Simmetry tooo! I also agree with the building, off topic, cc sections as well, since I'd love to expand where I share my cc. ^-^
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Gitte -- some of those palettes would be really hard on the eyes, but the middle color of the 5th palette would make a great background with black text, and the rose color could make a good accent.

Mizzie -- What do you think of ^that? Like a purple and rose with black and white? that'd be good on the eyes I think. And yeah I'm am the queen of tweaking themes! I know my tumblr theme is not special but I purposely did that for readability. I'm not personally a fan of lots of graphics and busy backgrounds. :P

Simmetry is a good name! I'd have to vote for that one.

Vid -- those are good for sections! I think I'd also want a section for people to do tutorials and post them there. Like an editing holy grail section. Or even just tips and tricks as well as tutorials.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    I totally agree, Vana. I'm not a purple fan but I def think that that 5th palette middle color would be a wonderful, easy to work with background.

I also LOVE the name Simmetry, it's cute and trendy.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for the info again @MizoreYukii ! It seemed cool headed, but I wanted to mention it even though I didn't figure I had to...because I've seen people do similar things then it flops after their anger burns out lol. Honestly though, I think its an all around good idea to separate modeling from this forum anyhow.

Simplistic is taken...I know that was one I saw, its a magazine that I am editor for now. Definitely loving that so many are voting for Simmetry!

I think a building section would be great. And keeping the sims created in a separate thread is good too. I read so much that I don't remember...but was a CC section suggested? Where people who create CC can share their goodies? Maybe its not needed with TSR, etc.

Finally, on colors...I have no idea. I am all for changing them up every month. Keeping the theme/layout similar, but changing the colors for the current month or holiday even. That might be too much work though?
  • Options
    MaggiSimmerMaggiSimmer Posts: 1,314 Member
    I've seen a lot of suggestions for color schemes and there's a lot for purple, so here's an handful:

2q343o1.png
    1ph6o6.gif

Check out The Sims 4 High Fashion Showcase, a custom content based magazine about the Sims!

The Sims 4 Tally to the Top!

Or check out my beauty blog, Infinite Beauty!
  • Options
    Speaking of color schemes, here is an awesome website to check out: http://design-seeds.com/